• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Days (Gorillaz) vinyl is finally being repressed after 12 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
no, because subscription services are lame and some companies don't like money, so the reseller market thrives

sometimes i'd totally be okay with a viable bootleg market if they get the covers/quality down right

You mad

giphy.gif

they pressed what they reasonably could (afford to) press and even more. 20,000+ units. that's quite a bit.

got mine this morning. i'm a very happy boy. its my favorite album and i never thought i'd have the chance to own this, so i'm ecstatic

now just need to pony up for the fall

were g-sides or d-sides ever released on vinyl?

number11

I'm surprised by how big vinylmeplease has gotten that they were even able to get this record in the first place. Plus it seems like next months release will be Tidal by Fiona Apple? That's another huge win.

deleted

DHL is taking it's time...

I only got 2 status updates I a week so far and both are from the US. Hopefully it won't take too long to get here.

-GJ-

PBJJWgl.jpg

This hurts my soul. Already contacted them for a replacement, but man. These grooves are deeper than the actual music.

PBJJWgl.jpg

This hurts my soul. Already contacted them for a replacement, but man. These grooves are deeper than the actual music.

Let me know how that goes. Got mine in an it feels like they plucked it off the Christmas tree as there's a ton of pine needles all over it. Was able to clean the vinyls but every single song skips like crazy to the point I can't listen to it (on top of cosmetic tears on the casing). Was interested in a replacement but hesitant about even attempting it after reading their FAQ.

Let me know how that goes. Got mine in an it feels like they plucked it off the Christmas tree as there's a ton of pine needles all over it. Was able to clean the vinyls but every single song skips like crazy to the point I can't listen to it (on top of cosmetic tears on the casing). Was interested in a replacement but hesitant about even attempting it after reading their FAQ.

Vmp's customer service is great they might ask for a video recording of the skipping but if it's really every song they'll probably replace it. Also out of curiosity what turntable do you have?

Drives me mad I can't get a subscription. Two of my most desired vinyls in a row! Madness. I'm just hoping, as with Pinkerton and The Score, that these get a wider non-coloured vinyl release.

deleted

First time in long time that I'm listening to Pinkerton - if the next release doesn't fit me, I'm swapping it for that or Paranoid.

-GJ-

Lol. A small set of four stickers, one for each band member.

It's in the second sleeve.
Found it. After seeing the damage on the second disc I forgot to check the rest of the sleeve, haha.

Update; they replied to me and apparently a new copy is in the mail! So I encourage everyone who has a damaged record to do the same. Great customer service like wenis already said.

RedFox85

Sorry to necro but I got my record! I have only taken a look at the first record and I agree with the Christmas tree sentiment there are like these little needles sticking up all over the surface.. I don't have a record player to test it but I don't think it's supposed to look this way. I need to inspect the rest of the set when i get home tonight.

Owning this got me really excited so I went onto Amazon and ordered an at lp60, a pre amp and some edifier 1280t's. I want to listen to this thing!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Sorry to necro but I got my record! I have only taken a look at the first record and I agree with the Christmas tree sentiment there are like these little needles sticking up all over the surface.. I don't have a record player to test it but I don't think it's supposed to look this way. I need to inspect the rest of the set when i get home tonight.

Owning this got me really excited so I went onto Amazon and ordered an at lp60, a pre amp and some edifier 1280t's. I want to listen to this thing!
Those are just paper shavings. If you have a microfiber cloth, when you get your table just put the disc on the platter and let it spin. Fold the cloth up into a rectangle and lay it across the disk to pick up the loose paper.

Vmp's customer service is great they might ask for a video recording of the skipping but if it's really every song they'll probably replace it. Also out of curiosity what turntable do you have?

I'll have to check when I get home. It might be a mixture of both my turntable and the record. Reached out to VMP and they are sending me a new copy. Probably one of the best companies I've worked with.

RedFox85

Those are just paper shavings. If you have a microfiber cloth, when you get your table just put the disc on the platter and let it spin. Fold the cloth up into a rectangle and lay it across the disk to pick up the loose paper.

Cool thanks I also added a vinyl brush to my cart for just this sort of occasion! I spent my 3 day weekend researching this whole thing, if I end up loving it I could see myself upgrading/going deeper into the rabbit hole. Delivery is Wednesday, very excited!

RedFox85

Sorry for the bump yall but this is spinning as I type this on my brand new turntable. I went simplistic and grabbed an AT LP 60 & Edifier speakers. This is my very first vinyl record and my first turntable to boot. I bought this record with the simple idea of hanging it on my wall because gorillaz.. but curiosity got the better of me and well here we are.

First impressions, I don't know what this means but I am going to say it because it's what I feel.. vinyl sounds warm. I can't quite quantify it but something is different, like the music is hitting different parts of my brain (if that makes any sense) and mixed with the beautiful nostalgia of youth that Demon Days evokes for myself this is a pleasurable experience. I have went ahead and pre ordered humanz on vinyl as well. Thank you again for posting this thread and keeping me informed, so happy to own this right now.

Subscriptions appear to be open. I just signed up for monthly at $29. Not sure if it's too late for Demon Days but I looking forward to finally having Fiona Apple's Tidal on vinyl.

deleted

The record finally made it :D

Pretty pleased with the quality and it sounds great!
Not sure if I want to keep Fiona Apple or trade it for Pinkerton though..

Don't have a turntable to test my copy yet, but both discs seem to pass the eyeball test, thankfully.

Lol. A small set of four stickers, one for each band member.

It's in the second sleeve.

Argh, yep, crushed 'em when I slid the second disc back in. Was able to somewhat salvage them, though.

gnomed

First impressions, I don't know what this means but I am going to say it because it's what I feel.. vinyl sounds warm. I can't quite quantify it but something is different, like the music is hitting different parts of my brain (if that makes any sense) and mixed with the beautiful nostalgia of youth that Demon Days evokes for myself this is a pleasurable experience. I have went ahead and pre ordered humanz on vinyl as well. Thank you again for posting this thread and keeping me informed, so happy to own this right now.
Congrats and welcome to the vinyl club.

I got mine a couple of days ago. Nice surprise, but I guess there is no tracking info given. I haven't had a chance to listen since I moved recently and things aren't setup yet.

How good is this Fionna Apple album? I'm not familiar with her at all. Just recognize her name. I assume she's way better than Vanessa Carltom.

Irnbru

First time in long time that I'm listening to Pinkerton - if the next release doesn't fit me, I'm swapping it for that or Paranoid.

Paranoid is honestly one the one of the best sounding vinyls in my collection. And this was fantastic on my first spin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom