• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

100 PS3s to be resold all by ONE GUY

X26

Banned
neo2046 said:
3112.net_10afd4d7ec9c882a85575fd0dbb08ea3.jpg

Scamming Sony. Bringing families together since 1995

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Lindsay said:
PS3 boxes have handles?

Kiddy system confirmed?

the box, same with the xbox 360 box, has handles NOT the system. There is a difference between gamecube and a box.

kenta

Has no PEINS
neojubei said:
the box, same with the xbox 360 box, has handles NOT the system. There is a difference between gamecube and a box.
Thanks for the clarification, forum superstar neojubei!

Ashodin

neojubei said:
Indeed! Sony's boxes also have that nasty grip killer cardboard. You know, the edgey kind.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Maxrpg said:
Indeed! Sony's boxes also have that nasty grip killer cardboard. You know, the edgey kind.

I hope that guy who bought 100 ps3s had tons of paper cuts. grrrr.

Awwwe kenta, reminds me of this Japanese guy i used to go out with.

JCBossman

Banned
neojubei said:
I hope that guy who bought 100 ps3s had tons of paper cuts. grrrr.

Awwwe kenta, reminds me of this Japanese guy i used to go out with.

He will have "tons of paper cuts" from counting all that cash, he is going to get!

lunlunqq

this is another Chinese reseller showing off his stock on all major Chinese game boards. he's selling 20G for RMB 6480 (US$824) and 60G for RMB 7480 (US$951). He left his contact and he's holding a PS3 demostration event at his store on the 14th. he welcomes all gamers in Beijing to attend his event. attendees will receive a calendar as a gift...

Image008_ZTYOq9iNJgTv.jpg

Image010_fKT3LiHdohbi.jpg

Image014_bIxCIUCXqPBo.jpg

Image015_OwD4468iQO8g.jpg

miyuru

:lol you guys are such wankers hating on this guy. The only thing that'll prevent scalping is if enough units are produced at launch, but that won't happen.

We all have an equal opportunity to get a system at launch. Those who want one more will naturally get it more.

Just because some people try harder to get something and in turn, do get it, while you don't, is nothing to complain about. What they choose to do with it is up to them. It seems their motivation to make money then off the console, is greater than yours to actually play the console. In the end, it's all COMPLETELY fair.

Grow up, sheesh.

kevm3

Can't stand people that do things like this or buy up all of the games during a sale so they can go sell them on ebay and leave nothing for anyone else.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Manp said:
where's Sony's great effort to prevent this kind of shit?

:)

Its called manufacturing enough units to.. oh wait

Honestly though I think Sony is morally torn by this stuff. On one hand its viewed as lost opportunities/profit, on the other hand this only feeds the hype machine and garners mucho free publicity. I never bought into the "fake shortage" stuff of the PS2, but I will never suspect that they won't take any free hype they can get in an instant.

loosus

Banned
It sucks that people do this, but really, the root of the "problem" (if you wanna call it that, because it's really just capitalism at work) is that there's a market for this. If Sony hadn't a.) been stupid enough to release such few units and/or b.) consumers weren't so aggravatingly impatient and dumb enough to pay so much for the system, this "problem" simply wouldn't exist.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
loosus said:
It sucks that people do this, but really, the root of the "problem" (if you wanna call it that, because it's really just capitalism at work) is that there's a market for this. If Sony hadn't a.) been stupid enough to release such few units and/or b.) consumers weren't so aggravatingly impatient and dumb enough to pay so much for the system, this "problem" simply wouldn't exist.

Maybe Sony couldn't make anymore units.....

In other news, if anyone buys a PS3 off ebay, they're a ****tard. I think that the recent one that went for huge money was just someone selling & buying to generate the idea that they're going for $9000. Some dumb freak will fall for it.

Ristamar

Well, now we know why Gamestop stores aren't getting their estimated allotment.

I'd hate on the guy, but that would only be me trying to mask my envy of the amount of cash he's going to pull in... impressive.

psy18

lunlunqq said:
this is another Chinese reseller showing off his stock on all major Chinese game boards. he's selling 20G for RMB 6480 (US$824) and 60G for RMB 7480 (US$951). He left his contact and he's holding a PS3 demostration event at his store on the 14th. he welcomes all gamers in Beijing to attend his event. attendees will receive a calendar as a gift...

*pictures*

Now that's... marketing:lol

Xizer

Banned
That guy is awesome, if I ever met him I would shake his hand.

I'd seriously do the same thing. Scalping on eBay FTW!

RSLAEV

winston_pr said:
Burn in hell, etc..

It's not the reseller's fault, they're barely making a dent in overall stock. Even if there were no re-sellers, you and I still wouldn't get one :(

Top Bottom