• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gigantic Beta Discussion Thread

Figments

Man, this update is great.

I wish Motiga would go public with an open beta really soon, because the game deserves a lot more attention than it's getting. It's amazing, almost breathtaking to play, for me.

This needs more light shone on it. More people need to know about it.

Yeah, is a terrific game. Feels so good.

New update is good too: nice QoL and feedback changes. New map seems cool, halfway house between Sanctum Falls and Ghost Reef.

Sucks to say but I really don't enjoy this game at all anymore. Loved it before the long break at the end of last year but now it just feels like an unfocused mess. Seems like they added all this stuff to make it even more objective based but it's just a clusterfuck now. Doesn't help that the the two maps they added are dreadful, especially Siren's Strand.

Went from extremely hyped to this game being completely off my radar. Oh well.

Sucks to say but I really don't enjoy this game at all anymore. Loved it before the long break at the end of last year but now it just feels like an unfocused mess. Seems like they added all this stuff to make it even more objective based but it's just a clusterfuck now. Doesn't help that the the two maps they added are dreadful, especially Siren's Strand.

Went from extremely hyped to this game being completely off my radar. Oh well.

Just probably not your thing. Seems like your looking for more of a team death match kinda thing. I would argue the two larger maps (sirens strand and sanctum falls) are the best maps with the smallest map, ghost reef, being the worst.The whole map is too contingent on creature placement and the difference between the normal match and clash is negligible.The larger maps like Sirens strand are better in my opinion because of their objective based gameplay which allows for more strategically coordinated attacks. In ghost reef the action pretty much plays out in 1 of the same 2 spots so the game plan is pretty limited. On the other two maps its less predictable and the action ends up taking place at multiple spots throughout the match requiring the player to be strategic by remaining objective focused.

The difference in enjoyment between a roflstomp against new players and a balanced team game is light years wide.

When you get 5v5 at a decent skill and knowledge level, the fights are so intense. God damn is it fun.

The obverse is, of course, that it can be a depressing/boring stomp.

Edit: I LOVE Pakko's design. A bit cliche perhaps, but he looks so cute!

The difference in enjoyment between a roflstomp against new players and a balanced team game is light years wide.

When you get 5v5 at a decent skill and knowledge level, the fights are so intense. God damn is it fun.

The obverse is, of course, that it can be a depressing/boring stomp.

Edit: I LOVE Pakko's design. A bit cliche perhaps, but he looks so cute!

Yeah for sure. I think it's not too hard to have some basic team coordination in this game and I think some kind of ranked mode would do wonders for it.

MrMatt555

Trying to get a match going and just can't seem to find one within a decent wait time. Is no one playing this beta?

So good as a team of 5.

We encountered a bullshit cheese tactic: Wu backdooring, using his tongue pull to drag creatures off a cliff. He dies, but so does the creature...

I really hate starting games with my team making THREE heal points.
People's creature spawning behavior drives me insane. Not only what you mentioned, but I see players on a regular basis attempt to upgrade a creative while the control point currently has every player in the game fighting over it.

People's creature spawning behavior drives me insane. Not only what you mentioned, but I see players on a regular basis attempt to upgrade a creative while the control point currently has every player in the game fighting over it.

Just quit, which I really dislike doing, out of a game cos of this.

Ghost Reef. No healers spawned. Try and spawn a Storm Drake on Vent as it's being attacked. Spawn a Cyclops as leading creature. Again. And again. And again.

Rage.

Dr. Buni

For some reason, this game's art style reminds me a lot of Dofus/Wakfu. That Tripp character in special... Anyways, I signed up for the beta, hopefully I can get into it sooner than later.

http://forums.gogigantic.com/live/discussion/8665/a-gigantic-update-preparing-for-the-future

We’ve been getting a lot of questions about what’s happening at Motiga. The answer is simple: the dev team is still employed, still working hard on Gigantic, and the game is getting better by the day. We even have a few job openings, which you can check out on https://www.motiga.com/careers.

Today, we have a couple of big announcements about what’s next for the playtesting and development of Gigantic. (Spoiler alert: big changes for the beta; many of you will be getting invitations to the Core testing program soon.)

As you may already know, we have two playtesting communities who provide feedback about Gigantic: our public beta community, and our (super not-so-secret) “Core” community. In a nutshell, the beta community is made up of Windows 10 and Xbox One players from around the world. Account progression and unlocks are earned naturally, there’s a weekly hero rotation, and new game content and features go through a formal testing process before the client is available to our beta testers.

Core, on the other hand, is a confidential, invitation-only group of players who participate in the game’s development at a much more intimate level. Core players must sign an NDA and receive access to the latest content: prototype maps and heroes, brand new features, and work-in-progress systems. They play alongside the Motiga team in weekly playtests on the latest builds and engage in regular voice chats with the dev team. To facilitate rapid iteration, the Core environment is PC-only. This rapid iteration is critical because, philosophically, Core players are an extension of the dev team.

During these past few months of closed beta and Core testing, we’ve learned a lot of important things about Gigantic. Feedback from both communities has helped us prioritize the next steps for Gigantic’s development. We have a lot planned, which means that we’ll be winding down 24/7 access to the beta as we end this phase of testing and prepare for the next. During the downtime, the Motiga team will be focused on making significant improvements in the following areas:

Usability: There’s a ton of stuff we’re working on to improve your interaction with the game: a much needed HUD and UI reboot, a new experience for brand new players, in-game communication advancements, and more.

Game Service Features: We’re focusing on improvements to matchmaking, server and client performance, and stability and connection issues, while adding new features such as the ability to queue with specific heroes, and systems which will help discourage match and queue drops.

Game Rules, Balance, and Polish: If we were to list all of the things we are working on here, we’d run out of blog space. However, a few of the big initiatives include adjustments to ensure that comebacks are possible, improvements to individual hero balance, and changes which ensure that matches are strategically interesting.

All New Content: We’re actively playtesting and iterating on three new maps at the moment (with the focus on one in particular), have a number of new heroes in the works, as well as some exciting hero skins and customization on the way.

Infrastructure: As we work towards the next stage of beta, we’ll need to make significant infrastructure improvements. Because of this, there will be some scheduled beta events (after we’ve suspended 24/7 testing) in order to stress test servers and service improvements.

With so much in the works, we’ll need as many eyes as possible on the changes as they happen. So even as this phase of beta will be ending, we’ll be expanding the Core testing program in the months to come. That means inviting our most passionate, constructive, and trusted players to provide us with first-look feedback and impressions on our progress. Investing more time and attention on the Core community is a huge step for Gigantic, and we’re excited to be bringing more of you into Core. If that sounds exciting to you, watch for the official invitation or sign-up, and help us make Gigantic better; you’ll have some fun and get to beat up on devs on a regular basis (or vice versa).

We’ll continue to keep the entire Gigantic community informed on our progress through all of our normal channels: Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, Twitch. You can also sign up for our email newsletter at www.gogigantic.com to hear about all things Gigantic, including announcements of any future beta testing events.

In the meantime, let’s give this round of the beta a big send-off starting tomorrow! We’re going to run a special finale event where beta testers will have full access to ALL of the heroes, including another opportunity to play our fluffy friend, Pakko! The event will run from noon PDT on Thursday the 21st through 11 a.m. PDT on Monday the 25th - the final day of this phase of beta testing. Both the beta forums and game servers will come down on Monday, so let’s have some fun this weekend!

We’ll look forward to seeing you in game.

Awwww end of 24/7 beta BOOOOOO, but still, glad Motiga are pushing this great, great game on. I think it deserves a lot of success for being so damn FUN.

I'm disappointed about losing access to the game, but considering what the studio has gone through and they've actually pulled through and are actively developing the game, I'm in for whatever they think is best for development. It's certainly not perfect at this point, but I think the core of this game is pretty great.

malfcn

I got to dabble with this game, and got no pleasure from it. Not my cup of tea, but hope it works out for them.

Bru

Great news about finding a publisher!

I put quite a lot of time into the beta and loved every second of it. In fact, I picked up both Battleborn and Paragon (Founders early entry) hoping to scratch the itch Motiga's MOBA left behind. Gearbox and Epic have crafted two great and different takes on the genre but Gigantic's fast paced tactical gameplay tops both (IMHO) and has me craving its return.

Dr. Buni

Never got to play it, as subscribing for the beta on the official site wasn't working for me. I am glad the game isn't dead though, it looks really charming.

Eagerly awaiting gigantics return. Easily sunk a few hundred hours into the beta. Glad to see they were able to secure more investment.

Keasar

So good to be playing it again and this time on my preferred OS. Loving the game still and hope it picks up in popularity, so much fun.

Now to pray that Perfect World does not fuck with the balance cause I am right now happy as hell how balanced this game is with no items, no "talents" you level up between matches, no fucking gems you slot or whatever. Just pure competitive action.

I've got 2 keys for the beta that is running at the moment, first two people to quote this get them.

yo!
cocky.gif

Top Bottom