• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

6 Nintendo Promo tapes not seen since 1990's on YouTube

Kenka

Thanks to the OP, I was totally drown in the 90's for a minute or two. I even wished I tune in MTV to watch Bon Jovi's "Always" video clip.

The play testers "make sure there is no smoking, drinking or excessive violence" hahaha! ^_^ What an outright LIE! Play-testers don't have any say in the content beyond how to fix what is already there on a mechanics level or maybe some say in the design if they feel its not playing out correctly.

Boerseun

Banned
Nintendo%2BVHS%2B003.jpg

I recently purchased 6 rare Nintendo promo VHS tapes from the 1990's. To my knowledge most of the videos have not been seen publicly since they were made. They are now on youtube for all to enjoy.

Thank you! That's an awesome gesture.

The play testers "make sure there is no smoking, drinking or excessive violence" hahaha! ^_^ What an outright LIE! Play-testers don't have any say in the content beyond how to fix what is already there on a mechanics level or maybe some say in the design if they feel its not playing out correctly.

The Nintendo testers actually did check out those things, though.

Seik

Banned
Before the Doritos and the Mountain Dew.

NH4LowX.png

Pepsi/Oreo > Mountain Dew/Doritos. :D

Btw, thanks for sharing, OP!

jjgames

How much did these tapes cost you?
I'd rather not say the specific dollar amount, but it is close to $100 per tape. As far as I can tell from my due diligence, most of these have never been seen since the '90s.

I would imagine there are more of them out there somewhere, but I would imagine most of them were destroyed by the retailers/businesses that received them. They probably got tons of these back in the day.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Really cool.

I loved the Play It Loud campaign, it felt Nintendo was really in touch with the MTV generation for just that passing moment. Also, legendary DKC reveal of making the audience guess the platform. Most thought it was a NU64 sneek peak. Never seen that Illusion of Gaia logo before. The final one is a million times better.

Reminds me how 1994 was truly the best year of Super NES - Super Metroid, Stunt Race FX, Secret of Mana, Uniracers, Donkey Kong Country.

Top Bottom