• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recently my Xbox ONE & TV lose image connection when switching to video apps

So this is an odd one.

Recently, my house was getting work done so I was without power. I stayed elsewhere, brought my Xbox, and used a different TV. Everything worked fine.

Upon returning home, I reconnected my Xbox to my TV and it works as usual - however, when I switch to a video app such as Netflix, the screen seems to lose connection to the Xbox and just blinks "HDMI 3 - 1080p 60Hz".

If I switch input and switch back, I get an image for a second before it stops displaying again. Turning off the xbox usually doesn't solve the problem - I have to unplug it entirely.

Games and the dashboard display and play just fine - but as soon as I use a video app like Netflix, HBO, etc this happens. Is this a known issue, and are there known fixes?

If it's any help, my TV model is Westinghouse VR-4625. I'm hoping someone here will know what's going on, and what I can do to resolve this bizarre issue. Thinking back, I believe I had this issue before, but something happened and it fixed itself.

Seems like an issue with HDCP. Have you tried a different cable, and did it work before on this same TV?

Yep, it used to work just fine - that said, I'll try a different HDMI cable just in case something funky happened.

Update: Switching HDMI cables worked! Weird, as that was the same cable I always used. No clue what was happening there.

Top Bottom