• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM |OT| Rip and tear, until it's done

dlauv

Are there any achievements / trophies that are Nightmare mode specific? I like to try and get as many achievements in one go as possible, but the hardest difficulty in DOOM isn't my idea for fun in the first playthrough when I want to explore more.

Nightmare and Ultra Nightmare are locked until completion of one of the lesser difficulties. There is only one cheevo for difficulty, and it's progressing past
"The UAC"
on Ultra Nightmare.

Ulysses 31

PS4 version already being streamed on twitch, gameplay is fast. \o/

Though all those glory kills are bothersome, like if the marine is strong enough to tear limbs and smash to a pulp, doesn't that kinda undermine the use of the firearms against most of the enemies?

Onemic

For real. Does this game run on 60 fps on consoles? I honestly can't tell, playing on Xbone. Game is smooth as fuck and looks great.

It's ridiculously fast-paced. Takes some getting used to, I started getting light-headed. :lol

How is the level design? Is it just a bunch of arenas connected by hallways or is the design more similar to doom 1-3 with a few arenas sprinkled here and there?

dlauv

7 more minutes.

This game's art seems very dependent on your gamma settings. Many videos look like a blown out cartoon while some look sleek and rich.

Nzyme32

For real. Does this game run on 60 fps on consoles? I honestly can't tell, playing on Xbone. Game is smooth as fuck and looks great.

It's ridiculously fast-paced. Takes some getting used to, I started getting light-headed. :lol

Yes. Apparently (at least according to people here) it uses dynamic resolution to keep the game at 60fps for the consoles, so you should be stutter free

I hope bethesda releases the OST for this on digital storefronts at midnight on the 13th. After a few hours of the campaign I NEED IT NOW.

One of the things I love about this game is information about demons. there are data logs about every demon and you can read about their nature and personality!
For example this line about Lost Souls is really funny:
Lost Souls are considered the lowest of the demons, even lower than Imps and they are despised by the other demons! lol

PS4 version already being streamed on twitch, gameplay is fast. \o/

Though all those glory kills are bothersome, like if the marine is strong enough to tear limbs and smash to a pulp, doesn't that kinda undermine the use of the firearms against most of the enemies?
Yeah gameplay is really fast and fun. I love it so much!
And I love finishers too. they can be repetitive for lots of gamers, but I still use them after hundreds of glory kills!

jediyoshi

Quoting unlock times
Unlock times for Dewm:

AU/NZ:
t1463061600z0.png

Asia:
t1463065200z0.png

Europe:
t1463094000z0.png

US:
t1463112000z1.png

I'm actually tempted to double dip for this on PC. If it's running this good on PS4 I should be able to do 1440 with no problem at 60.

Nzyme32

But - the guy has upgrades & runes allowing for increased movement speed & faster "glory kills". I really hope that is easy to get early on, otherwise I'll feel a bit limited playing the game since it isn't as fast as I'd like.

Of course if does help to have a mouse / keyboard and nice sized FOV, which is already a clear improvement compared to previous footage

But - the guy has upgrades & runes allowing for increased movement speed & faster "glory kills". I really hope that is easy to get early on, otherwise I'll feel a bit limited playing the game since it isn't as fast as I'd like.

Of course if does help to have a mouse / keyboard and nice sized FOV, which is already a clear improvement compared to previous footage

it only speeds you up IF you do a glory kill.

is it THAT hard to read?

dlauv

It's pretty fast anyway.

Blitzhex

I'm trying aud flyvpn but steam still shows my local currency and says game is unreleased. Web browser steam shows AUD prices and stuff though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm trying aud flyvpn but steam still shows my local currency and says game is unreleased. Web browser steam shows AUD prices and stuff though.

Make sure you're not logged in elsewhere and restart the client. The mobile app counts, too.

How is the level design? Is it just a bunch of arenas connected by hallways or is the design more similar to doom 1-3 with a few arenas sprinkled here and there?
I've never played a Doom game before except for a few rounds of the original, so I can't exactly compare.

Level design feels good, though. There's a lot of arenas, but you'll also be killing a lot while moving between them.

Onemic

You can disable the glow showing if the enemy is ready to glory kill. You still have the option to glory kill if you wish or use your guns anyway.

do the enemies give cues to show that theyre ready to glory kill?

I've never played a Doom game before except for a few rounds of the original, so I can't exactly compare.

Level design feels good, though. There's a lot of arenas, but you'll also be killing a lot while moving between them.

So arenas are the main aspect of the games design? Like the times in between the arenas are just like "break" periods?

Top Bottom