• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"So you wanna work for Nintendo?" - A guide to Nintendo's recruitment system

Empty

pretty interesting link. thanks op.

what's the purpose of having them read english, though. is there some kind of correlation between being bi-lingual and having programming talent?

Yamauchi

Banned
I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. But it is somewhat surprising given that I remember reading once that NCL software engineers are really just nose-down programmers and that the remuneration is not all that outstanding.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I beat Ice Climber. They should give me a job.

As an accounting major at my University.

My lifetime goal is to graduate and get my CPA and apply at Nintendo of America and work in their financial sections.

Gamerloid

Thanks for sharing OP. It was a good read. I had no clue Nintendo has such a brutal hiring process. Web test sounds too ridiculous.

bumpkin

A friend of mine who was working at Best Buy managed to get a job with Nintendo doing their retail representative stuff. I was happy for him, but I think I was also a little secretly jealous too. Working in any part of customer-facing retail may suck, but the dude's pretty much going to get anything/everything Nintendo puts out for free so he can help sell people on it.

Actually, I think I secretly hate him. :(

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
A friend of mine who was working at Best Buy managed to get a job with Nintendo doing their retail representative stuff. I was happy for him, but I think I was also a little secretly jealous too. Working in any part of customer-facing retail may suck, but the dude's pretty much going to get anything/everything Nintendo puts out for free so he can help sell people on it.

Actually, I think I secretly hate him. :(

I'm actually applying for one of these positions. I really hope I get the job, it would be a dream come true.

javac

Man them documents are detailed as hell. They stress over the littlest things. It's obvious in the work they present but its cool to see.

Porcile

Jeez. Seems like a great way to keep creative people from ever landing jobs there.

Well there's being a good creative, but if you have shit communication skills then you're going to pretty useless working in a high-pressure place like Nintendo. This process is all about weeding out the people who can't work in that sort of communicative, outward facing work environment. I've seen plenty of talented artists not get jobs because they can't write an email response or react quickly to situations. Nintendo are in a position where they don't need to hire every talented artist that wants a job there.

Jeez. Seems like a great way to keep creative people from ever landing jobs there.

I think they get the creative people from their Game Seminars they hold once a year. There were some DS games you could download in Japan from the Nintendo Channel (on the Wii) that came from those.

main_img.gif

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/etc/seminar/

Top Bottom