• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TERA News, Information, & Beta Thread

Nopren

A whole guild of level 22's were outside Velikas at the Horse ranch killing lowbies.. was amusing to watch but I felt bad at the same time lol.

Yesterday, the spawncamping for "carrots" were ridiculous. Can vividly imagine it being the perfect killingfield. All 11's against 22's.

Yesterday, the spawncamping for "carrots" were ridiculous. Can vividly imagine it being the perfect killingfield. All 11's against 22's.

The funny thing is, even the 11's go against themselves there. When I did the quest yesterday two players declared the Outlaw state and went rampage against the "carrot" gatherers only to be swiftly outnumbered by them and find a quick death. After that the peaceful gathering went on.

I guess it can also strengthen the community in that way and it was kinda fun to watch for sure.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Warriors are Off-Tanks, right? Or did I think that wrong? I'm still going to try out a Warrior as my main. Enjoyed it. Maybe create an alt Slayer at a later date.

They can main tank but it's easier to off tank with their current version. Things are changing a great deal in the coming months though and warriors should be easier to main tank with than before. Lancer tanking MIGHT end up getting nerfed as well... to make the more classes level. HOPEFULLY THIS DOESNT HAPPEN and they decide to give Warriors a parry instead of toning down lancer. Watch izayoi's stream he goes into GREAT detail about their tanking.

Streaming some warrior stuff for anyone who is interested. Just solo farming some BAMs.

http://www.own3d.tv/live/237291/Arveene

Edit: Sorry about the lag, for whatever reason K-TERA likes to give me framerate issues.

Was laying down and watched this last night before I passed out. Was nice to see end game warrior stuff as I only got to around mid 30's or so when I played since I didn't want to get too invested until NA-Tera. Although I been keeping track of Nalfen this whole time.

Pre-order from Amazon Germany, get your key and cancel the pre-order.

For anyone who can't get into the NA test, for whatever reason, I'll probably be streaming most of next weekend on both the PvE and PvP servers.

Time to learn some german!

Do they just mail you the key? I can't find it anywhere.

Wow, I just noticed that Enjin has added a custom character page for Tera now. You can now specify your character's race and class when you add a character to your profile. Well done, Enjin!

edit: Um, the members list is kinda broken now lol. Presumably Enjin is working on it.

Rinoa

That stream makes me want to be a Berserker, I was a bit put out by Slayers wearing light armor. I want to wear heavier looking armor, not fond of axes though.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That stream makes me want to be a Berserker, I was a bit put out by Slayers wearing light armor. I want to wear heavier looking armor, not fond of axes though.

Hearing him speak so fondly of Mystics and their buffs convinced me to try one out come next weekend. Looking forward to it.

aett

Wow, I just noticed that Enjin has added a custom character page for Tera now. You can now specify your character's race and class when you add a character to your profile. Well done, Enjin!

edit: Um, the members list is kinda broken now lol. Presumably Enjin is working on it.

How do you add characters to your profile?

I'd set up a stream but last time I got literally 0 viewers lol. Not sure if it's worth the trouble.

Also there was a char wipe so bye bye Lvl 22 zerk and hello lvl 4 Warrior -.-

Izayoi

Banned
You seem pretty jazzed with Mystic healers. How well do they do in dungeons? Their buffs seem amazing but from what I've read on the forums they can't heal through burst damage which kind of puts me off.

At this point it seems like a Priest in a party is the safer option, but you won't be clearing a dungeon as fast as a Mystic healer due to their attack and crit buffs.
They are the best support class in dungeons, so long as you've got a competent group. A good party won't take a significant amount of burst damage and therefor you don't really need a Priest. It will likely be the better healer for PUGs, but for any serious group Mystic is the way to go.

Only about 20 minutes in but great stream so far. I'm sorry that I missed it. Any plans to stream today?
I'll be streaming again a little later tonight. Resubbing to my account at the moment.

Hearing him speak so fondly of Mystics and their buffs convinced me to try one out come next weekend. Looking forward to it.
I hope you enjoy it! One thing to remember is that, in this game, no matter what class you roll, you can always fill a spot in a group and be useful. Play what you like the most, not what someone else perceives as the "best".

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
They are the best support class in dungeons, so long as you've got a competent group. A good party won't take a significant amount of burst damage and therefor you don't really need a Priest. It will likely be the better healer for PUGs, but for any serious group Mystic is the way to go.

That sounds solid man. That's definitely what I wanted to hear.

I'll be streaming again a little later tonight. Resubbing to my account at the moment.

Nice, let us know when you start!

I hope you enjoy it! One thing to remember is that, in this game, no matter what class you roll, you can always fill a spot in a group and be useful. Play what you like the most, not what someone else perceives as the "best".

What can I say, you got me hyped for the class. You did a great job answering everyone's questions on the last stream, mine included. Good work!

Scum

They can main tank but it's easier to off tank with their current version. Things are changing a great deal in the coming months though and warriors should be easier to main tank with than before. Lancer tanking MIGHT end up getting nerfed as well... to make the more classes level. HOPEFULLY THIS DOESNT HAPPEN and they decide to give Warriors a parry instead of toning down lancer. Watch izayoi's stream he goes into GREAT detail about their tanking.
Cheers for this. So it seems I might have picked a class that'd be bloody awesome for PvE, esp. solo, great for PvP and better off as a tank/off tank too. Well, I need to learn the trade. :)

TGMIII

The beta key they sent me was invalid and they said it'll be a week before I get a new one. Great support, great company.

Watching a guild mass PK everyone in EU CBT1:

http://www.twitch.tv/numbsynapse

Will EU and NA servers be segregated?

They will be separate. Frogster is publishing TERA in EU and EME is publishing TERA in NA.

The beta key they sent me was invalid and they said it'll be a week before I get a new one. Great support, great company.

Frogster? I have heard terrible things about them (security breeches, poor service, forum censorship, laggy servers, how they handled Runes of Magic, etc.). My experience with EME so far has been a good one. There are already some EU players defecting to EME for various reasons...

cilonen

Watching a guild mass PK everyone in EU CBT1:

http://www.twitch.tv/numbsynapse

They will be separate. Frogster is publishing TERA in EU and EME is publishing TERA in NA.

Frogster? I have heard terrible things about them (security breeches, poor service, forum censorship, laggy servers, how they handled Runes of Magic, etc.). My experience with EME so far has been a good one. There are already some EU players defecting to EME for various reasons...

I think I might go NA/EME rather than EU where I actualy live. Need to see if EME will take non NA credit cards.

Rinoa

Seem to be quite a lot of people in the closed beta, were keys open to all?

Patch progress complete, can't wait ofr next weekend bodyisready.jpg

TGMIII

Pre order on Amazon.fr, get key, cancel preorder. Worked for me.

The point is that they've somehow managed to generate a key that's invalid and send it out. I mean they've managed to get basic playability so far and nothing else. Everything else they've done so far has been a joke.

OTIX

Soloing BAMs is absolutely exhausting, but a lot of fun.

The melee classes are great but I'm finding it harder to get into the casters, they're just no fun at low levels. Sounds like they get more interesting later on though.

Alrus

So as someone living in Europe, will it be difficult to purchase the american version? NcSoft made me give up on getting NA Aion (the only way I found to purchase it was through seedy websites...). Frogster doesn't inspire me with much confidence and I play mostly at night anyway.

Also what class would be preferable if I enjoy soloing? (I found soloing elite mobs in Aion to be really fun)

Type2

Soloing BAMs is absolutely exhausting, but a lot of fun.

The melee classes are great but I'm finding it harder to get into the casters, they're just no fun at low levels. Sounds like they get more interesting later on though.

Some melee classes arent too fun right away either like the beserker. Overall I think everyone should at least get to level 20-22 before passing judgements on the combat.
Caster classes are all about controlling your enemy and reacting to what they do from a distance while melee is a little more twitch based up front. I cant speak the for endgame combat first hand but through what ive seen in videos caster classes are the least action oriented except for healers of course. But the game will give you stuff to do like add control and what not. Plus those ranged classes put up some nasty numbers and dont have to worry that much about missing swings.

I think I might go NA/EME rather than EU where I actualy live. Need to see if EME will take non NA credit cards.

So as someone living in Europe, will it be difficult to purchase the american version? NcSoft made me give up on getting NA Aion (the only way I found to purchase it was through seedy websites...). Frogster doesn't inspire me with much confidence and I play mostly at night anyway.

Also what class would be preferable if I enjoy soloing? (I found soloing elite mobs in Aion to be really fun)

It shouldn't be a problem. EME also accepts Paypal now.

Any class is viable for solo play but some may be slower than others. Warriors seem to be a pretty popular choice due to their fast movement speed and attacks.

Slayers are fun to solo, they move reasonably fast, hit hard with their skills, and their dodge has invincible frames. Of the three classes I have taken the blue guys on with (Ranger, Priest, Slayer), so far I only really enjoyed the fight with Slayer. Ranger moves incredibly slowly and is quite frankly boring to play solo (like most ranged DPS classes), and the Priest moves slowest of all classes and is always one lucky shot from the BAM away from death.

Reposting this EME customer service example from the Community forums at EME:

cC4Hf.png

Rinoa

Got some EU friends getting NA version, it costs slightly more though.

Alrus

Got some EU friends getting NA version, it costs slightly more though.

It shouldn't be a problem. EME also accepts Paypal now.

Any class is viable for solo play but some may be slower than others. Warriors seem to be a pretty popular choice due to their fast movement speed and attacks.

Good to know then :) Probably won't play it day one due to exams coming up right after launch (and I really can't fuck any of them up) but I'm really excited about this. It's been "a while" since I played a mmo.

Slayers are fun to solo, they move reasonably fast, hit hard with their skills, and their dodge has invincible frames. Of the three classes I have taken the blue guys on with (Ranger, Priest, Slayer), so far I only really enjoyed the fight with Slayer. Ranger moves incredibly slowly and is quite frankly boring to play solo (like most ranged DPS classes), and the Priest moves slowest of all classes and is always one lucky shot from the BAM away from death.

Bit disappointed by the ranger being "boring", I usually really like archer classes (Aion's Ranger was a really fun class for me), I don't think I ever played a melee heavy character in a mmo. Won't hurt to try one for once I guess :)

_woLf

I've had to re-download the patch for the next beta 4 times now. Every time it gets stuck after downloading it all finding files or something, I can't remember exactly what it says....but the exe completely freezes.

My bandwidth is crying right now.

Rinoa

I've had to re-download the patch for the next beta 4 times now. Every time it gets stuck after downloading it all finding files or something, I can't remember exactly what it says....but the exe completely freezes.

My bandwidth is crying right now.

Do you have enough space on the drive you're downloading to? I had a similar error on my old comp with KTera.

cilonen

Thanks for the posts regarding NA servers; that GM post pretty much confirms I'll get the enmasse NA version. Awesome response.

I never buy games off of Amazon not to mention pre-ordering them, if I pre-order Tera there this is what I can expect right:

1. Money not charged until shipped?
2. Will get a code for all cbp's to be entered somewhere on the tera site after making an account there?
3. Will get the physical copy early enough for the head start?
4. Will get the option to dl the launcher/ game files right now from enmasse after making said account.
5. Can cancel pre-order if I want from Amazon.

Top Bottom