• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life launches March 20 in the Americas and Europe

What are those ice stones for? Never heard of them lol
They're whiskey stones.

"Whisky stones are made of soapstone, a metamorphic rock, and are often promoted as a way to chill your drink without diluting it. Ice can do it more effectively but it introduces more water when it melts. "
Is the premium version art book different from the one that comes with the standard preorder?
I don't see why it would be any different tbh.

GeeTeeCee

I really hope that the After Hours edition:

a) Makes it to the UK
b) Isn't exclusive to GAME

I'm still bitter we didn't get the extras that came with Yakuza 0 elsewhere.

Don't know when I'm getting Yakuza Kiwami, certainly not when it comes out anyway with my backlog, but this is a day one game. Just for all the engine upgrades alone, I've got to get this.

its so weird how like a couple years ago all hope was lost for any new iteration of yakuza in the west

gio corsi <3

For sure. Those days were dark for Yakuza fans before the whole Building The List initiative. Imagine not ever getting the masterpiece Yakuza 0 in the West. What a crime that would've been.

murgo

Oh man, I need this CE. Yakuza 0 was my first game in the series and I fell in love with this shit. Kiwami next week, Yakuza 6 next year.. good times.. good times.

Footos22

Oh yeaaaaah. Still wanted to platinum 0 before kiwami. But the grind is too much to make me wanna go back. All in for the main/substories though.

Zemm

It's a shame the CE will be GAME exclusive because I refuse to give them money and it's literally the only CE I've possibly wanted. At least the regular edition comes with the artbook.

Why can't I hold all these Yakuza cats?

KrGsqCk.gif

Whaaaaaaaat?! Is this a cat-related mini game?

It just gets better and better.

Whaaaaaaaat?! Is this a cat-related mini game?

It just gets better and better.

Cat Cafe. You also manage a baseball team, manage a clan and fight against other clans (features real wrestlers from New Japan Pro Wrestling), You can weightlift at a RIZAP gym, interact with online cam stars and encourage them to take their clothes off (features real JAV actresses with real video, no animated stuff) and other stuff.

This game is fucking insane.

JADnBBx.gif

datwr

Hell ya, the Premium Edition here we go! Preordered!

There is gonna be a lot of whiskey drinking during this playthrough (*^&#9671;^)_&#26086;

Cat Cafe. You also manage a baseball team, manage a clan and fight against other clans (features real wrestlers from New Japan Pro Wrestling), You can weightlift at a RIZAP gym, interact with online cam stars and encourage them to take their clothes off (features real JAV actresses with real video, no animated stuff) and other stuff.

This game is fucking insane.

JADnBBx.gif

Wow, that sounds super sleazy, even by Yakuza standards. I wonder how well that'll go down over here.

Mind you, when considering the usual brand of humour that goes into these things, it'll probably be innocent enough? It's not like you ever see any substantial nudity in a Japanese game anyway.

All in for the Cat Cafe though. That's one mini game I will see to the very end.

Wow, that sounds super sleazy, even by Yakuza standards. I wonder how well that'll go down over here.

Mind you, when considering the usual brand of humour that goes into these things, it'll probably be innocent enough? It's not like you ever see any substantial nudity in a Japanese game anyway.

All in for the Cat Cafe though. That's one mini game I will see to the very end.
No actual nudity. And it's really not as raunchy as it sounds.

It's mainly just old man* Kiryu typing the words "oppai" or "boobies" when someone takes their clothes off.

1474011487-ryuga.gif

Certainly not as crass as it is in GTA where you go to strip clubs with nudity or hire prostitutes to fuck you/give you a blowjob even in first person.

*Kiryu is 50 years old in this game.

El-Suave

Hope these come to Europe, if not I'll have to import.
Edit: saw we're getting them, too. Awesome. After Hours it is then.

I still can't believe omega isn't a character since he plays more games than any of these dudes.

Okada even got his own costume and finisher featured for King in Tekken 7.

Meanwhile Omega gets Tekken themed shirts for Bullet Club :(

That guy needs representation and I don't care if it's done via Alex in SF or King in Tekken.

Hasney

I still can't believe omega isn't a character since he plays more games than any of these dudes.

Okada even got his own costume and finisher featured for King in Tekken 7.

Meanwhile Omega gets Tekken themed shirts for Bullet Club :(

That guy needs representation and I don't care if it's done via Alex in SF or King in Tekken.

I think a lot of it is Omega being on a shorter term contract and rumblings of him leaving when the games were being developed.

Top Bottom