• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania - Pre-Order Trailer (out August 15th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The contrast between this labor of sheer love and Sonic Team's HERP A DERP stupidity with Forces is astonishing.

I'm so buying this on the Switch.

I imagine only in the sense of improved CRT/scanline filter options possible via SweetFX or other software, though to be fair the base game may already have something similar.

Mania already has scanline/filter settings, mind you.

tbm24

Fantastic trailer, super excited for this. Also now wanting a cartoon using the animation in this trailer and the music.

Nice; every time I see this game I get more and more hyped! I was kinda hopin we'd see a glimpse of a new Zone, but Stardust Speedway is welcome too!

By the way, did you guys notice the Hardboiled Heavy fight for what appeared to be Studiopolis?

royox

o7YBbUC.jpg

I love internet

Blues1990

I love how at the end the trailer says that basically this is the true Sonic 4.
Yeah, that small detail was the perfect fuck you to the horrendous Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Ep I & II that came out back on the 360/PS3/Wii generation, and I'm all for it if they write that game off.

Kyuur

Those beautiful hand-drawn scenes just make me realize how much I hate OG Sonic's sprite style. So garish.

Am I crazy, or is the gameplay footage here sub-30fps?

Anyway, it's 2017 and YouTube has supported 60fps uploads for years now. Why the hell are publishers/devs still releasing 30fps videos for games like this?

That's not too bad. August it is, then! Taxman's games have always been priced so cheaply (the CD remaster was 5$ at launch), so I really don't mind paying 18$ for this. Hopefully it'll send SEGA a message, too.

alf717

The art style is pretty slick in that trailer. I have it pre-ordered. I'm still hoping to hear of a physical Switch version.

Sciz

Anyway, it's 2017 and YouTube has supported 60fps uploads for years now. Why the hell are publishers/devs still releasing 30fps videos for games like this?

Yeah, I love the guys at SoA, but they're straight up crazy for publishing 30fps Sonic footage. Thought it was weird back in the reveal trailer, and here we are almost a year later and nothing's changed.

So we have:
1. Green Hill Zone
2. Flying Battery
3. Studiopolis
4. Stardust Speedway
5. Mirage Saloon

Unconfirmed/Hinted:
6. Cathedral Style stage
7. Aquatic Ruin

Hoping we can get 3-4 more in addition to the stages listed above.

Maztorre

The art and characterisation in this game (and Tyson Hesse's other work on the Sonic Mega Drive comic series) is exactly what Sega should be focusing Sonic around. The depiction here is both cooler than Modern Sonic and more charming than the twee Classic Sonic. This is literally what the brand should be about but instead their main studio is actively working to create conflicting characterisations, before dumping in a dose of Original Character Do Not Steal on top.

Sega: let Modern/Classic Sonic die on the way back to their home planets, and do more of this please.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So we have:
1. Green Hill Zone
2. Flying Battery
3. Studiopolis
4. Stardust Speedway
5. Mirage Saloon

Unconfirmed/Hinted:
6. Cathedral Style stage
7. Aquatic Ruin

Hoping we can get 3-4 more in addition to the stages listed above.

They said there's more stages in the game than Sonic Generations, so that means there's at lest 10 stages.

What a charming trailer. fuck 4.
Glad to see the game get this awesome sense of speed. Seeing knuckles run so fast he was "ahead of the camera" brought back good feelings.

The art and characterisation in this game (and Tyson Hesse's other work on the Sonic Mega Drive comic series) is exactly what Sega should be focusing Sonic around. The depiction here is both cooler than Modern Sonic and more charming than the twee Classic Sonic. This is literally what the brand should be about but instead their main studio is actively working to create conflicting characterisations, before dumping in a dose of Original Character Do Not Steal on top.

Sega: let Modern/Classic Sonic die on the way back to their home planets, and do more of this please.

It's really insane how far off track they've gotten. This most recent trailer completely nailed the 90s vibe Sonic should have.

I really hope Sonic Mania does exceptionally well in terms of sales and reception. This is the Sonic/vibe that they can build on and make some people realize that maybe the Sonic franchise shouldn't die lol.

That was a great trailer. Nails the vibe down perfectly.

Already had this game on pre-order (had it on PS4 but moved to Switch once that was available), so I'm completely ready.

Trailer ends with a elevator button Panel saying

M K 3 2 1

Mario
Kart
Race Start Count Down (3...2...1)

Mario Kart x Sonic Racing CONFIRMED

vw8yij0ltuagugjssrzv.jpg

VeeP

Man great trailer. Can we get a Sonic show like that? Looked amazing. Like the Saturday morning cartoons we grew up with (but better).

Seik

Banned
That Sonic CDesque artstyle, SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!

If cutscenes like that are in the game, imma melt, MELT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom