• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

kikiribu

Y'all are blinded by nostalgia
LOL even worse than I remembered

I didn't say Infinite's lyrics made the Hip Hop Quotable in the Source, I said the songs were decent. Mostly because of the production and his delivery being competent.
giphy.gif

To be fair, how many people actually know the lyrics to the songs in that game lol

What does "Street Fighter 3 like the scar on my arm" even mean

It stays with you forever.

I didn't say Infinite's lyrics made the Hip Hop Quotable in the Source, I said the songs were decent. Mostly because of the production and his delivery being competent.

Yeah, but I think both are about the same. Production and delivery are fine, the lyrics are just cheesy in their own ways. 3S is just nonsensical garbage, and Ed's theme is cheesy because it's tied into his story.

JusDoIt

To be fair, how many people actually know the lyrics to the songs in that game lol

It stays with you forever.

Yeah, but I think both are about the same. Production and delivery are fine, the lyrics are just cheesy in their own ways. 3S is just nonsensical garbage, and Ed's theme is cheesy because it's tied into his story.

Ed's doesn't have good production or delivery, though.

The only themes that are outright trash in SFV are Bipson's, Laura's, Juri's, and Akuma's. Cammy and Rashido also have pretty bad ones, too.

No, its actually more immersive.

When I play as Ryu I can listen to Ryu's playlist on spotify, and truly feel like the wandering warrior.
Ryu's a rocker? I always imagined him to be a fan of traditional Japanese music.

I now want to hear Reuben Langdon sing along to Metallica in Ken's voice. Ken definitely seems like a fan of the Four Kings of Metal.

joe2187

Banned
Ahahaha

Fangs stupid CA knocked me out of the corner and he got killed while trying to chip me out even though the first drop hit me.

Only hiphop song other than TJ combo's theme in KI that I like is Showdown for DoA5. I like it because the lyrics are kinda supposed to be campy plus it was sung by an active and competitive DoA player so it's like it's the community's song.

Producer

Ed's doesn't have good production or delivery, though.

bro you live in south central? never thought i'd meet someone else from there here lol

btw im not some weird creeper i clicked on your profile by accident while scrolling and it caught my eye lol

JusDoIt

bro you live in south central? never thought i'd meet someone else from there here lol

btw im not some weird creeper i clicked on your profile by accident while scrolling and it caught my eye lol

haha fa sho. i never thought so either. we should start a South Central OT to see how many gaffers in the hood there is.

You lucky we didn't get trap

Count your blessings

I'd be down for some Migos in SFV.

Trap is the single worst genre in music no contest. Any trap song in SFV would immediately beat Juri's theme as the worst.

3s had good music. That game with Sakuras precious heart theme was the best I think tho
Is that Sakura's vocal theme from Puzzle Fighter? "I Want You to Know" was the name. My second favorite Sakura theme after SFIV (which had an AMAZING Sak theme). If somebody could take the vocals and put them on the SFIV version, that'd be quite the eargasm.

Edit: That's not the theme you were talking about, but my points still stand.

cant see shit captain

edit: strange sunset is guile's best theme, that's a fact. They should have at least used it for his stage theme, then again they might not have the rights to it.
Guile's SFII theme is best and you know it.

Also Arika seems to have the rights to those themes. They used Ryu's EX2 theme in the Evo trailer.

Village

I'd be down for some Migos in SFV.
You'd think we'd get , " Get right witcha"

We would get some wack ass track that has very little understanding of anything
Blasphemous as this may be, Guile's stage at sundown with Strange Sunset would have been godlike

The first thing I did was change That stage theme to strange sunset, and change guile theme to a remix of strange sunset.

Fuck "blasphemy" its guile's best theme

myco666

It's a death metal song about cars breathing fire. What's there to hate? Fits him perfectly. His cars are dragons.

Conceptually it is fine but the vocalist is awful. Or rather it doesn't fit the instrumental work. Would have been way better if it was just instrumental or if the vocals were softer.

joe2187

Banned
How do you defeat the "Do nothing strategy"?

I spend half my matches just watching them jump back and run away and then...do nothing, they're just backdashing until they glimpse an opening, wail on me and then back away again.

Edzi

How do you defeat the "Do nothing strategy"?

I spend half my matches just watching them jump back and run away and then...do nothing, they're just backdashing until they glimpse an opening, wail on me and then back away again.

Welcome to playing neutral. Walk forward and work your way closer, then play footsies/bait them until they screw up.

Top Bottom