• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

The golden rule of Arena is to always, always, always have a Reinhardt counter. :( Either that or just surrender if you see a horse leader.

my Hector runs quickened pulse+sacred cowl, works perfectly against moonbow/quickened pulse Reinhardts (which that was). Assuming he's not on a map covered in breakable walls and surrounded by a gronnblade+ cecilia and +6 Olwen. I have higher res greens but they aren't worth tons of points like Hector.

If they weren't super merged and on defense tiles I would've just let Vantage do the work. As it was, not even worth fighting that team since I had no streak anyways and it was match 1. Just thought it was a funny example of the stupid bullshit you face if you fly too close to the sun with BST.

Achtius

my Hector runs quickened pulse+sacred cowl, works perfectly against moonbow/quickened pulse Reinhardts (which that was). Assuming he's not on a map covered in breakable walls and surrounded by a gronnblade+ cecilia and +6 Olwen. I have higher res greens but they aren't worth tons of points like Hector.

If they weren't super merged and on defense tiles I would've just let Vantage do the work. As it was, not even worth fighting that team since I had no streak anyways and it was match 1. Just thought it was a funny example of the stupid bullshit you face if you fly too close to the sun with BST.

If saber is 4*, ii might give Hector shield pulse

Theosmeo

So I got a Lucina with +SPD -RES and I got Reciprocal Aid, Fury 3...should I kill a Fae 5*(+HP -DEF) for Renewal 3 to give to Lucina?

no fae is amazing and you should only start sacrificing her once you have a +10 merged one. but thats not really applicable to many people is it

Ninferno

I gotta make this. I'm pretty sure my 5* Olwen is +Spd, which is fine too it seems. Does Blade w/ Cavalry buffs or Quad Thunder w/ buffs kill more?

Both Bladewen and Quadwen are really good. Bladewen is slightly better if we are talking about theoretical match-up win counts, due to Bladewen winning a couple more green TA match-ups, theoretically. However, Quadwen wins just about as many crucial match-ups she has to win in most cases, and tbh your team should have a million other ways to handle green TAs and Julias. Also, Quadwen is a bit less reliant on hone/fortify buffs, as one Hone is pretty much all she needs, while Bladewen needs both Hone and Fortify. That makes Quadwen a bit more flexible in teams. Lastly, Quadwen's SI cost is slightly lower (this is something you care about if you are F2P), as you get to keep her legendary weapon.

After all, both are really good and you can't go wrong with either. Just pick the one that suits you team or playstyle the best.

Both Bladewen and Quadwen are really good. Bladewen is slightly better if we are talking about theoretical match-up win counts, due to Bladewen winning a couple more green TA match ups, theoretically. However, Quadwen wins just about as many crucial match-ups she have to win in most cases, and tbh your team should have a million other ways to handle green TAs and Julias. Also, Quadwen is a bit less reliant on hone/fortify buffs, as one Hone is pretty much all she needs, while Bladewen needs both Hone and Fortify. That makes Quadwen a bit more flexible in teams. Lastly, Quadwen's SI cost is slightly lower (this is something you care about if you are F2P), as you got to keep her legendary weapon.

After all, both are really good and you can't go wrong with either. Just pick the one that suits you team or playstyle the best.

You forgot the extra important part.

Dire Thunder is more arena points than Blarblade+ ;)

【Fire Emblem Heroes】F2P Berkut Infernal Grand Hero Battle (No Legion No SI)

Xlz1iA4.png

Follow up to this helpful post. This worked as is, despite having a 4*+1 Olivia with multiple skill inheritance. The 2k that Inferno gave along with Berkut 4* #2 basically covered the worthwhile boost of Ursula from 3 to 4*.

Ninferno

You forgot the extra important part.

Dire Thunder is more arena points than Blarblade+ ;)

True. But if you care about the arena point difference between 400 and 300 SP weapons, you probably shouldn't be running a 5*-exclusive horse mage in the first place, right? Generally speaking, can't help if one is lucky enough to pull a few copies of her by chance or goes crazy on her banner.

True. But if you care about the arena point difference between 400 and 300 SP weapons, you probably shouldn't be running a 5*-exclusive horse mage in the first place, right? Generally speaking, can't help if one is lucky enough to pull a few copies of her by chance or go crazy on her banner.

Hey man you might have several merges on her or waifu status you never know.

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Finally managed to beat Infernal Berkut, that was probably the toughest GHB yet!

Lancebreaker Cecilia and double-stacked Goad Cavalry took me most of the way there, and then it turned out that my Olivia had exactly enough Attack to ORKO the red mage. After that, Olivia tanked the axe cavalier no problem and Cecilia nuked it into oblivion. Was neat to have Olivia be relevant again, since I haven't really used her at all after pulling Ninian back when she came out.

It is a little troubling that, even on a map that seems to have been explicitly designed to discourage cavalry teams, Horse Emblem still ended up being the most reliable way to win.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, got Phantom Speed 1 with only a bit of time to spare, had to Grind out 10k points. Just been doing Auto Battles on Hard and popping Stamina Pots.

Now what the fuck do I do with this seal? Also, if this is Phatom Speed 1, I wonder how good the skill Phantom Speed 3 be when it is finally out.

I didn't want this but if the next tempest is Echoes themed again, the reward will be the datamined Clive.
Clive doesn't really make sense as a reward for Celica's side though. Not saying it won't happen, but it would be odd.

Personally I'm hoping in the event of another Echoes TT, the reward unit is Atlas. (Jesse would be cool too, but he's probably be another red infantry unit.)

Golnei

I'd lean more on the side of him being the Tempest reward, just because a GHB would mean another Echoes unit would be given out as part of the Tempest in addition - although it could also be an argument for it given how much they're focusing on the game, two Tempests, two concurrent banners and two consecutive GHBs is a little excessive.

Conrad gift plz

I still think it was a missed opportunity to not make every Tempest reward a masked version of a regular unit.

I'd lean more on the side of him being the Tempest reward, just because a GHB would mean another Echoes unit would be given out as part of the Tempest in addition - although it could also be an argument for it given how much they're focusing on the game, two Tempests, two concurrent banners and two consecutive GHBs is a little excessive.
Considering the bulk of the characters we have now are from the most recent games, I understand why they're going so heavy with all the Echoes content.

Clive as a Tempest reward for a Celica themed campaign would make little sense to me, and they've done new GHB characters from the same game in succession before.

Ninferno

Yes, SoV tempest 2, bring it on IS, bring it on. Anything that offers me a second chance to roll Celica is automatically good.

Clive doesn't make sense as a GHB unit to me as he has never been an enemy unit in Gaiden/SoV. What map is this "GHB" even going to feature? Yes, I know that's the case for FemRobin, but that's just one exception. I feel GHB featuring a villain (or at least someone that has appeared as an enemy unit i.e. Navarre) and the map he/she appeared in has been quite an established norm. The occurrence of one exception doesn't make another one any less unlikely.

My prediction of next Tempest: (names in Parentheses are their counterparts in SoV Tempest 1)
40% Bonus Heroes: Celica (Alm), Saber (Faye), Gray (Mae), Mathilda (Boey, doesn't make too much sense, but at least Mathilda joined before Delthea).
20% Bonus Heroes: Leon (Lukas), Sonya (Clair), Clive (Tobin, doesn't make too much sense too, but Clive as GHB makes even less sense to me. I'm cool with Conrad taking this slot though), Anna (Sharena)
Boss: Alm (Celica)

I really want to dump all my orbs for Celica on the Tempest banner if this does happen, though Saber and Gray splitting the chance for red is really worrying :(

Draxal

Yes, SoV tempest 2, bring it on IS, bring it on. Anything that offers me a second chance to roll Celica is automatically good.

Clive doesn't make sense as a GHB unit to me as he has never been an enemy unit in Gaiden/SoV. What map is this "GHB" even going to feature? Yes, I know that's the case for FemRobin, but that's just one exception. I feel GHB featuring a villain (or at least someone that has appeared as an enemy unit i.e. Navarre) and the map he/she appeared in has been quite an established norm. The occurrence of one exception doesn't make another one any less unlikely.

My prediction of next Tempest: (names in Parentheses are their counterparts in SoV Tempest 1)
40% Bonus Heroes: Celica (Alm), Saber (Faye), Gray (Mae), Mathilda (Boey, doesn't make too much sense, but at least Mathilda joined before Delthea).
20% Bonus Heroes: Leon (Lukas), Sonya (Clair), Clive (Tobin, doesn't make too much sense too, but Clive as GHB makes even less sense to me. I'm cool with Conrad taking this slot though), Anna (Sharena)
Boss: Alm (Celica)

I really want to dump all my orbs for Celica on the Tempest banner if this does happen, though Saber and Gray splitting the chance for red is really worrying :(

While Navarre was an enemy unit he was always playable. So there is precedent with both him and robin.

WhyMe6

Both Bladewen and Quadwen are really good. Bladewen is slightly better if we are talking about theoretical match-up win counts, due to Bladewen winning a couple more green TA match-ups, theoretically. However, Quadwen wins just about as many crucial match-ups she has to win in most cases, and tbh your team should have a million other ways to handle green TAs and Julias. Also, Quadwen is a bit less reliant on hone/fortify buffs, as one Hone is pretty much all she needs, while Bladewen needs both Hone and Fortify. That makes Quadwen a bit more flexible in teams. Lastly, Quadwen's SI cost is slightly lower (this is something you care about if you are F2P), as you get to keep her legendary weapon.

Thanks for the advice! I'll make Quadwen, then, as positioning is already important for my Cecilia, so it's better to have her just receive a Hone or some long-distance Goads. SI cost is also important, and I wouldn't be giving her a Blade+ anyway.

so, like when you guys get a 5* with bad IVs or not great ones, do you still train them to lvl40? Give them good skills? Im sitting on a bunch of lvl 1, 5stars and before you get angry, the grind to level them gets to me >.<

Mupod

so, like when you guys get a 5* with bad IVs or not great ones, do you still train them to lvl40? Give them good skills? Im sitting on a bunch of lvl 1, 5stars and before you get angry, the grind to level them gets to me >.<

Yes. Even a shit unit can be valuable at 5* if they are a bonus character. With chain challenges, tempest trial and squad assault they are definitely encouraging us to have multiple strong teams.

As an example I got a -atk +res Peri while pulling for Reinhardt on the Vantage banner and I was not happy at all about it. She doesn't even have good skills to inherit. But when she was a bonus character the next week I turned her into a very effective member of a cavalry team, I used her for arena and for the last Tempest Trial because she had hero merit to gain. Turns out a killer weapon user with high Res and Glacies is pretty damn good.

I didn't think I had a use for the two Sanakis I've found but she was invaluable (with g tomebreaker) for taking out Veronica in the first TT. I leveled my -atk Alm to 40 in case I got a better IV one and he ended up being a 40% bonus unit for the last one.

Not counting my blade tome promotes, the only 5* I ever leveled and never used in combat is Hawkeye. He'll probably end up as DB3 fodder for a Reinhardt I guess.

As for leveling, I haven't had trouble leveling any 5 star. It's not a painful experience like leveling a 3* Caeda, but either way I like to bring buffs and dancers to speed it up. Cavalry units with +6/+6/+6/+6 to stats are a breeze to level.

Roman

I train but don't inherit skills on or use them.

Ninferno

I will normally still level them up to lv40 eventually, just in case I need them in the future Squad Assaults. I'm definitely not giving them "good skills" like Fury 3 or TA 3 which I have very limited access to and have higher priority units I want to put those skills on. I may give them some budge skills or skills I have abundant fodders of, if I feel like helping them out a bit, but that's about it.

As for the training, I think with the access to Chain Challenge now the road to lv40 isn't really that bad. And I only level up these backbenchers when I have the stamina to spare.

But this is how a F2P like me handles it; we need to make everything count. If you have a box with better depth and breadth, you may not need to bother with sub-optimal units.

Mupod

Oh yeah, I don't give out 'good' skills to everyone, but I found 17 Subakis and around 10 MRobins way back on the Ninian banner and it's not a big deal to hand out Quick Riposte + Bonfire to all my tanky units.

Anyways, I don't own a single unit that would be a 40% bonus on a 'Celica' themed Tempest Trial so that would really suck for me. But it does seem clear they will do one. Hopefully not immediately, maybe give us time to pull 4* versions of those characters.

I still think it was a missed opportunity to not make every Tempest reward a masked version of a regular unit.

even though she was only in the game for a few minutes and was definitely not a disguised version of Azura they should put in that mysterious songstress for the Fates one.

Yes. Even a shit unit can be valuable at 5* if they are a bonus character. With chain challenges, tempest trial and squad assault they are definitely encouraging us to have multiple strong teams.

As an example I got a -atk +res Peri while pulling for Reinhardt on the Vantage banner and I was not happy at all about it. She doesn't even have good skills to inherit. But when she was a bonus character the next week I turned her into a very effective member of a cavalry team, I used her for arena and for the last Tempest Trial because she had hero merit to gain. Turns out a killer weapon user with high Res and Glacies is pretty damn good.

I didn't think I had a use for the two Sanakis I've found but she was invaluable (with g tomebreaker) for taking out Veronica in the first TT. I leveled my -atk Alm to 40 in case I got a better IV one and he ended up being a 40% bonus unit for the last one.

Not counting my blade tome promotes, the only 5* I ever leveled and never used in combat is Hawkeye. He'll probably end up as DB3 fodder for a Reinhardt I guess.

As for leveling, I haven't had trouble leveling any 5 star. It's not a painful experience like leveling a 3* Caeda, but either way I like to bring buffs and dancers to speed it up. Cavalry units with +6/+6/+6/+6 to stats are a breeze to level.

I will keep that in mind, i pulled so many units(not bragging x) ) that have poor IVs lol
Now with longer maps, I have a lot of catching up to do

I train but don't inherit skills on or use them.

I will normally still level them up to lv40 eventually, just in case I need them in the future Squad Assaults. I'm definitely not giving them "good skills" like Fury 3 or TA 3 which I have very limited access to and have higher priority units I want to put those skills on. I may give them some budge skills or skills I have abundance of fodders of, if I feel like helping them out a bit, but that's about it.

As for the training, I think with the access to Chain Challenge now the road to lv40 isn't really that bad. And I only level up these backbenchers when I have the stamina to spare.

I didnt know about Chain Challenge >.<
Sooo much stuff to do
Going to be grinding SP today x)

Ninferno

Would be crazy for IS to hand out a free blue dancer (or two actually, a 4* and a 5*) just like that though. inb4 Masked Azura without the dance/sing skill. lol

And without Sapphire Lance+ too, obviously :)

explodet

Chain Challenge is great. I haven't completed a single one, just use them to level up characters and then surrender at the last map.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I pretty much ignore IVs, tbh unless I get multiple, in which case I pick the "best" one. I've always said that the importance of IVs in this game is WAY overblown, and I'll stick by that until there's something I can't finish or I stop reaching arena 20. This game is just not that challenging or exact where a "bad" IV renders something impossible to finish. The skills a unit has, and weapon advantage, make far, far, far, far more difference than + or - 3 in any one stat.

Draxal

I pretty much ignore IVs, tbh unless I get multiple, in which case I pick the "best" one. I've always said that the importance of IVs in this game is WAY overblown, and I'll stick by that until there's something I can't finish or I stop reaching arena 20. This game is just not that challenging or exact where a "bad" IV renders something impossible to finish. The skills a unit has, and weapon advantage, make far, far, far, far more difference than + or - 3 in any one stat.

Speed thresholds are so important in this game. The difference between doubling and not doubling is critical

Mupod

110 orbs on the cavalry banner and I have not seen a single green. Last two had 4 greys each, although I didn't open them. Getting a little annoying, not because I expect to find a Titania, but because I need another Gunter for SI.

Been burning through chain challenges for orbs now that I have motivation (and tempest trial isn't up). I gotta say that while Panic Ploy has been a non-factor in arena, it's REALLY fucking annoying when it shows up on characters you don't expect. I don't have the time or patience to check skills on every enemy on every map of training tower, tempest trial, chain challenge etc. It's definitely made leveling new characters somewhat less fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom