• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC will be getting updated in Spring

I'm guessing that, while actually fixing the game for current owners is part of why this is coming, the main reason is in preparation for either a PC port or a Halo 3 remaster next November, with the former being more likely.

How can I help with the testing? I love this collection when it comes to single player (didn't touch multi) but I was peeved when I didn't get an achievement for completing a level on Legendary when I should have gotten it.

Juzzomac

Neo Member
Fool me once 343....

Won't be touching an XB1X until the game is confirmed working, considering the only reason I purchased an XB1 was for MCC and that burnt me hard.

darthbob

Man, I would love to find out what happened during development for MCC.

3 years later and it's still being talked about lmao

Luckydog

Too late personally, I’ve moved on.

I’ve moved on from the franchise in general. 343i haven’t impressed me in anyway.

The original trilogy combined with ODST and Reach are some of my favorite gaming moments. The fond memories will always be there. The only way I’m going back to Halo and especially MCC is a PC release.

Hhhhhhaaaaaaaa. I love these joke posts..... "I hate the developer and the game now so I've moved on" ....." Unless they move it off a plastic box that upsets me, then I'll play.

Good one, you forgot the /s

Kill3r7

If they can fix it, it will be a nice gesture for current MCC owners and Halo fans. Proper classic Halo MP still can be a big draw. Especially if we get a Halo 6 announcement during E3 and they release MCC on PC.

If they can fix it, it will be a nice gesture for current MCC owners and Halo fans. Proper classic Halo MP still can be a big draw. Especially if we get a Halo 6 announcement during E3 and they release MCC on PC.

I’m sure that’s in the cards now, they’re not just going to do it for Xbox when every game they do now is play anywhere

Cranster

Banned
giphy.gif
Glad 343i are making the right choice!

That's great but at this point, even if they actually fix that shit for real this time, they're going to need to give it away for free with Games with Gold in order to have any sort of population/audience.

If they do both these things, it has a chance.

Nick

To this day, MCC is still my biggest gaming disappointment. It really was a case of too good to be true. I'll never give 343 another cent of my money ever again as a result.

Cranster

Banned
Puting aside our sorrow, we renewed our faith in the prothecy that more MCC updates would be released. And see how are faith has been rewarded.

The stability of the collection gives me mixed feelings, but a PC port and/or Reach addition would be fantastic to see.

Campaign matchmaking would be glorious, as would both Firefight modes.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
This should essentially just be a re-dev right? Complete re-do of the online matchmaking systems?

A PC port would literally make 343 my favorite studio overnight. I'm just imagining the original Halo Trilogy with unlocked framerates and resolutions and getting extremely moist over here

Not even counting the multiplayer. Would be a blast to play with the old school buddies again since we all moved on to PC and don't have our Xboxes anymore

Wtf???? What a random ass piece of news? Why even say anything? Spring is so far off for something of this nature and when you've botched something this bad, it's not about talk, just right what went wrong.

It's actually still played for a 3 year old game not named GTA
MCC is still doing alright at least in North America.

4k campaigns sound nice but I doubt this will address the main remaining issue with the campaigns which is that the co-op doesn’t work well in 1,2, and 3 over the internet due to inherent limitations in the engine. Halo didn’t have decent co-op netcode until ODST and 4 and didn’t really become good until 5. MCC versions are just ports of the originals.

If they could have somehow rewritten all the campaigns in the halo 5 engine then maybe co-op would work ok.

Cranster

Banned
Wtf???? What a random ass piece of news? Why even say anything? Spring is so far off for something of this nature and when you've botched something this bad, it's not about talk, just right what went wrong.
They have been silent for two years. It's best to announce this so some fans can quit assuming they abandoned the game.

FyreWulff

Why was she so vague with her wording? What does it mean to move MCC to a new platform?

I was thinking they were talking about Windows 10, but then they talked about Xbox One X improvements instead. I thought Xbox One X was the same architecture as Xbox One, just better?

Technically the MCC was developed against a previous of the Xbox One that doesn't really exist anymore, in terms of OS and most everything else.

You can practically consider current One dev with the X being a thing as a new platform.

Xenoblade

Don't own an X1 so don't really know anything about this game beyond whatever I read by happenstance. What was/is wrong with the game exactly?

Too little, too late. Should have been done in 2015.

It is never too late to update one of the greatest collections in gaming. Legacy titles like this should exist as evergreen games for Xbox now that all titles will be forward compatible.

It's important for them to update it.

Top Bottom