• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

kYFjS81.jpg

EZ. (BM Hunter Belt)

I got two hunter legendaries in one day and that was one of them. Is that a good one?

Did a series of 5 timewalking dungeons with the same group, and the rogue in the group outdamaged everyone else so much it wasn't funny. I was expecting the rogue to be wearing all mythic stuff, instead the mythic items were just a few (trinkets mostly), most stuff was, apart from the mop leg cloak, the 2 legion legs and the Khadgar ring (not the leg one, the one before the ring becomes legendary), pretty much old items, as well as old set items. Got me thinking if old sets work when doing tw stuff or the bonus effect stays inactive. In case the bonus effect doesn't work, what would be the upside of using an old set vs using the current set? The sockets?

Before they deactivated the set bonus I had a pretty damn good setup for my DK. Now that they've disabled it I don't know what's best in slot for time walking. I just know you want sockets out the ass if you can. So I imagine any MOP gear with tons of sockets and any legendaries you can get your hands on would be ideal.

Tarazet

Switching to my alt Alliance Druid because I got Prydaz and Cinidaria on my Horde main. Screws over all 4 specs. If I had intended the druid to be my main from the beginning, I probably would've just quit playing, but the catch-up mechanics make it halfway reasonable to go through it all again.

Just too bad that the hidden skins aren't account wide. It's going to be a long grind to exalted with Dreamweavers.

v1perz53

Damn dudes.

Hoping to get my first legendary on my Fury Warrior today.

From personal experience the 100 Legionfall Supplies turnins on the broken shore have a pretty big chance of giving you a legendary if you have 0 or 1, so make sure not to ignore those WQs. On my recent toons that hit 110 since 7.2, all 4 legendaries have come from that.

Switching to my alt Alliance Druid because I got Prydaz and Cinidaria on my Horde main. Screws over all 4 specs. If I had intended the druid to be my main from the beginning, I probably would've just quit playing, but the catch-up mechanics make it halfway reasonable to go through it all again.

Just too bad that the hidden skins aren't account wide. It's going to be a long grind to exalted with Dreamweavers.

Well technically Cinidaria doesn't screw over Resto (only on the loot table for DPS and tank specs), but I feel you. My first druid got Cinidaria then Prydaz as Guardian which felt really bad, especially back when Prydaz didn't proc when you were being hit. Then I rerolled and my second druid got... Prydaz then Cinidaria again as my two Guardian legendaries hah. Luckily I had my loot spec as balance first and I got the balance shoulders and DPS trinket, both of which work really well as Guardian legendaries. Hopefully something better is next. And while I did have 3 "bad" legendaries on my other druid, I also had Luffa and it was pretty sad leaving that behind, maybe this druid will follow suit and get it next (but i doubt it -.-)

I mean you can fight through bad luck with sheer determination too. I didn't get the Havoc ring until my 6th it looks like. What I have recorded is as follows:

-----------

??????, Loramus' (boots) - ????
?????? , Raddon's (helm) - ????
??????. Achor (chest) - Elerethe Renferral (Emerald Nightmare, ??? difficulty)
January 16, Sephuz - Mythic+0 King Deepbeard (Eye of Azshara)
February 23, Cinidaria - LFR Dragons of Nightmare (Emerald Nightmare)
April 3, Anger of the Half-Giants - Normal Trilliax (Nighthold)
April 18, Prydaz (neck) - Apocron Broken Shore World Boss
May 2, Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish (trinket) - Heroic Ursoc (Emerald Nightmare)
May 13, Delusions of Grandeur (shoulders) - Legionfall Recompense Cache
May 24, Mo'arg Bionic Stabilizers (bracers) - Legionfall Recompense Cache

Not sure about the first two, though from logs it looks like I got the boots first. And one of those first two was from I believe Heroic Nythendra, not sure about the source of the other one.

-----------

Less than two weeks going to each one for the last 3. By the way, the total /played at 110 to get all those legendaries is around 50 days.

Warrior that has 3 total last got the Cenn-ar Charger (fury helm) on May 2 from a Nightfallen emissary. The one before that was February 11, Timeless Stratagem shoulders. And I remember getting the Arms pants from a Highmountain emissary cache in the distant past as well.

Mage got her second legendary, Lady Vashj's Grasp from a Legionfall Recompense Cache sometime in May or late April (didn't record that one and I can't figure it out exactly now.) Norgannon's at some point in the distant past.

Hunter's first was the belt today (May 24), from a Dreamweaver Emissary.

Monk got Prydaz in the mail on May 8 (probably from some Broken Shore rare.)

And I think that covers it. My Warlock and DK don't have any legendaries yet, but I've barely played them at 110 at all, sort of intentionally. At least on the warlock side of things. DK I just wasn't interested so much in working on after maining one for however many years. Despite Frost being good for once.

Paladin will probably be fun once I get her to 110 as well. Looking forward to that.

TFW the new legendary is BiS:

unknown.png

Should be fun.

And Sephuz being 2nd/3rd best is LOL. That doesn't even include procs, so in practice it may end up being the best on some fights in ToS. Though all those near the top are pretty close except for the new cloak.

TheYanger

Frost DKs are amazing....even without legendaries, even without high ilevel, even without proper talents I'm still top DPS. Even when I'm not our class is so much fun to play and feels strong.

My man, welcome to the fold. If you ever need some hot DK tips there are several of us here. Literally the best class design blizz has made, even a decade later.

CHC

So like... who at Blizzard even had the gall to call this Broken Shore thing a "campaign"? It's just a weekly quest that, usually without any good reason, asks you to go some mindless crap that you'd probably be doing anyway. I mean, I won't complain about the shards, rep, and eventual class mount but jeez this is pretty.... lifeless compared to what they did with Suramar.

Doesn't help that the Broken Shore itself is a fel-green wasteland type area, the likes of which we've been spending some appreciable chunk of our time in for the last.... 3 years? Light complaint though - there's still a lot I'm having fun with here.

What talents are you rolling with? I feel like I'm doing something wrong on my frost DK.
My talents are way wrong. What is it you're doing wrong though? Rotation messed up? Talents? Low ilevel? The Broken Isles are a miserable experience for a fresh 100. You will get slaughtered. But, i've got 800 ilevel now and can pull a boss and 3-4 mobs and survive. We rock.

My man, welcome to the fold. If you ever need some hot DK tips there are several of us here. Literally the best class design blizz has made, even a decade later.

Hell yes. I'm 50% away from 110. I wanna try warrior but, they aren't nearly as fun as Frost. I'm at 95ish and I'm bored outta my skull. I specced prot just to speedrun through Draenor.

erawsd

So like... who at Blizzard even had the gall to call this Broken Shore thing a "campaign"? It's just a weekly quest that, usually without any good reason, asks you to go some mindless crap that you'd probably be doing anyway. I mean, I won't complain about the shards, rep, and eventual class mount but jeez this is pretty.... lifeless compared to what they did with Suramar.

Doesn't help that the Broken Shore itself is a fel-green wasteland type area, the likes of which we've been spending some appreciable chunk of our time in for the last.... 3 years? Light complaint though - there's still a lot I'm having fun with here.

Yeah, apparently, its due to some last minute change to just front load all the content that the Broken Shore had to offer instead of gating it along with the campaign quests. So this week would've been the first week that the Rare Elites appeared.

I agree though, after everything that goes down at the Broken Shore during the start of the expac this "campaign" should've been something special; it should have been this expansion's Isle of Thunder where each week there is a series of new quests and scenarios that have us pushing further toward the Tomb. Instead, its just this really half-assed hub that barely adds anything to the narrative.

The disparity between how hidden artifact appearances are acquired by the different classes is kind of ridiculous. Everything on Hunter is so easy. With Beastmaster I dropped 8K right after acquiring Titanstrike from a vendor in New Dalaran. For Marksmanship I just have to hit Revered with the Court of Farondis and spend 1.5K, and Survival is a drop off of a Raid boss. Just...what?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
The disparity between how hidden artifact appearances are acquired by the different classes is kind of ridiculous. Everything on Hunter is so easy. With Beastmaster I dropped 8K right after acquiring Titanstrike from a vendor in New Dalaran. For Marksmanship I just have to hit Revered with the Court of Farondis and spend 1.5K, and Survival is a drop off of a Raid boss. Just...what?

They didn't want to make it too hard for hunters to use a different bow type. I don't like guns but play BM. So guess what I'm using now and I don't have to farm a raid boss and hope I get something to not hate playing the spec I'm forced to play

Hunters are just different in this regard. Except survival since they're not real hunters.

I got two hunter legendaries in one day and that was one of them. Is that a good one?

Best in slot if you're rolling single target spec. Combined with the shoulders and 4-piece you should have a really high uptime on bestial wrath which means lots of saved focus which means more kill commands.

Nokterian

After the all hard work i finally unlocked my third artifact appearance..this quest was long but worth while. My druid looks pretty awesome be it in cat form, bear form or even the weapons in Balance (my current spec) or even healing.

DArpNU8W0AQUdnv.jpg:large

Also appearing in Cataclysmic Gladiator's Dragonhide Armor transmog set..i really like collecting them i really like this one.

Fjordson

My talents are way wrong. What is it you're doing wrong though? Rotation messed up? Talents? Low ilevel? The Broken Isles are a miserable experience for a fresh 100. You will get slaughtered. But, i've got 800 ilevel now and can pull a boss and 3-4 mobs and survive. We rock.
I'm 902 with Seal of Necrofantasia, and I guess I do decent DPS. I just feel really starved for runes sometimes.

I think it's either a talent thing (freezing fog vs horn of winter) or my haste being low (19%). Still the most fun class I've played this expansion, though.

What's your current build??

I agree though, the spec is in a great spot right now.

spootime

How does frost DK play? My only experience playing melee in this game so far in PVE has been arms warrior in EN and fury for a bit of NH.

v1perz53

Man invasions are a huge improvement on levelling in Legion, especially on alts like 5+ when you've done every zone's quests countless times. Pretty much the only thing that I wish was that you got at least SOME nethershards from invasions pre-110 so that you could buy a few slots of dauntless gear when you hit 110. Since currently, if you level exclusively through invasions you hit 110 without getting a single piece of gear, and with the scaling even trying to go back and do quests in a random zone is a huge pain, so if you don't know this and do a random zone once you hit 109 you could have an alt in a really awkward position.

Man invasions are a huge improvement on levelling in Legion, especially on alts like 5+ when you've done every zone's quests countless times. Pretty much the only thing that I wish was that you got at least SOME nethershards from invasions pre-110 so that you could buy a few slots of dauntless gear when you hit 110. Since currently, if you level exclusively through invasions you hit 110 without getting a single piece of gear, and with the scaling even trying to go back and do quests in a random zone is a huge pain, so if you don't know this and do a random zone once you hit 109 you could have an alt in a really awkward position.

When the nether disruptor is up you can do portals in a raid group (or with friends) and get a guaranteed piece of dauntless gear from each portal/mob. Just gotta buy the keys off the AH or with other max level characters.

Epix

TFW the new legendary is BiS:

unknown.png

Should be fun.

And Sephuz being 2nd/3rd best is LOL. That doesn't even include procs, so in practice it may end up being the best on some fights in ToS. Though all those near the top are pretty close except for the new cloak.

Where did you get these charts?

Lain

Just got my first legendary on my mage (out of an emissary chest), Belo'vir's Final Stand. I have the feeling it isn't part of the BIS list.

Magnus

After the all hard work i finally unlocked my third artifact appearance..this quest was long but worth while. My druid looks pretty awesome be it in cat form, bear form or even the weapons in Balance (my current spec) or even healing.

DArpNU8W0AQUdnv.jpg:large

Also appearing in Cataclysmic Gladiator's Dragonhide Armor transmog set..i really like collecting them i really like this one.

It's posts like this that make me super jealous as a shadow priest main. Appearances mean jack shit to us. Teeny little shitty dagger, with boring skins, none of which you can actually see most of the time through our purple cloud of void fog.

If they could provide custom body skins for each druid artifact appearance, why they couldn't they have done something simple for shadow priests? Perhaps color or effect changes for our shadow/voidforms?

ANYTHING?

Nokterian

It's posts like this that make me super jealous as a shadow priest main. Appearances mean jack shit to us. Teeny little shitty dagger, with boring skins, none of which you can actually see most of the time through our purple cloud of void fog.

If they could provide custom body skins for each druid artifact appearance, why they couldn't they have done something simple for shadow priests? Perhaps color or effect changes for our shadow/voidforms?

ANYTHING?

Sorry :p I like being druid these days.

ANYTHING?

Druids in Moonkin form pretty much look the same. Also, our "astral form" just makes us semi invisible and any real unique cosmetic aesthetic is lost in the graphic, much like priests in shadow form.

Having said that...

My druid's various outfits are fucking awesome. I've had a blast researching and assembling them all. Top that off with our many and varied skins and I'm in heaven.

Next time the Mage Tower is up, I'm getting that new skin. I'm only ilvl 896, but I believe I have enough points in my weapon, the proper legendaries, and a high enough skill level to overcome that. I've been studying YouTube videos for days in preparation.

That bear skin is amazing. I must own it.

Nokterian

Druids in Moonkin form pretty much look the same. Also, our "astral form" just makes us semi invisible and any real unique cosmetic aesthetic is lost in the graphic, much like priests in shadow form.

Having said that...

My druid's various outfits are fucking awesome. I've had a blast researching and assembling them all. Top that off with our many and varied skins and I'm in heaven.

Next time the Mage Tower is up, I'm getting that new skin. I'm only ilvl 896, but I believe I have enough points in my weapon, the proper legendaries, and a high enough skill level to overcome that. I've been studying YouTube videos for days in preparation.

That bear skin is amazing. I must own it.

That bear skin for the mage tower..yes i must own it also. And yeah astral form removes how we look but i prefer astral above moonkin looks more defined and natural.

I still see boomkin's and yet blizzard could have done cool skins just like bear or cat form to be honest. Than i wouldn't mind using it.

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more.

They should pay me to come up with some druid tier sets too. It's amazing how often they have such uninspired designs. They need thick heavy bark & stone, thorns, more leaves/natural materials. How about a tree based set that changes colors and loses it's leaves based on the season or even the time of day? Each set should be more heavily influenced on its form. Bear armor should be heavy. Cat armor should be lithe. Bring in flowers, water falls, fairy dragons for resto. There just seems to be a lot of missed opportunities with our items.

Tarazet

I've been playing my fire mage again. She has the pyroblast bracers and NH 4-piece so I've been having a lot of fun with 3M+ crits, but holy crap this has got to be THE squishiest class in the game. Even at 880 I was getting killed by non-elite Wardens bosses.

Nokterian

Absolutely. I couldn't agree more.

They should pay me to come up with some druid tier sets too. It's amazing how often they have such uninspired designs. They need thick heavy bark & stone, thorns, more leaves/natural materials. How about a tree based set that changes colors and loses it's leaves based on the season or even the time of day? Each set should be more heavily influenced on its form. Bear armor should be heavy. Cat armor should be lithe. Bring in flowers, water falls, fairy dragons for resto. There just seems to be a lot of missed opportunities with our items.

Looking at the sets we currently have like that pvp set i am wearing right now in that picture, i saw a bunch of more that really are druid.

But they can only make that much with unfortunately..i am still happy how many cool sets there are.

v1perz53

That bear skin for the mage tower..yes i must own it also. And yeah astral form removes how we look but i prefer astral above moonkin looks more defined and natural.

Were-bear form from the Mage Tower is one of the best things they've ever added to the game, and was one of my happiest moments in all of WoW when I finally got that shit down and got my skin. Too bad it is tied to what I think is one of the most poorly designed pieces of content they've ever made, the tanking Mage Tower challenge...

I still see boomkin's and yet blizzard could have done cool skins just like bear or cat form to be honest. Then i wouldn't mind using it.

The argument was "boomkin weapon shows, so you can see different weapon skins and therefore don't need different moonkin form skins like cat/bear, whose weapons don't show in form". A bit of a cop-out I think, since all but resto druids lose the ability to show off our armor in combat most of the time, but I somewhat understand the reasoning. But I'm ok with it, I hate moonkin form and I can't imagine skins would change that. Astral form could use some work, but still way better to me than moonkin, at least lets me put together a transmog that people actually see.

CHC

I mean, I'm all for them doing new sets, don't get me wrong, but Tier 20 has made me really, really, really hope that at some point in the future we get more "remasters" of older sets.

I would do some crazy stuff to get an HD tier 2 set. Whatever it took. I still rock Battlegear of Wrath as my default look, for god's sake.... I mean that set is like over 10 years old now.

Mixed feelings about them being the premier raid armor sets, but for things like solo class challenges, I think it'd be a great incentive.

Top Bottom