• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

So whats the consensus of ETC?

Also, in orider to use my credit card I had to buy ETH directly from coinbase, I hope it will be worth it.
Not sure about the consensus, but my take is that it will be corrected. Upwards, following ether. I'd hold it if you have, or possibly even get some.

---
I wonder if people will panic if the split happens; might be a good time to buy some cheap bitcoins.

This is crazy, thanks. I had no idea, what is BitCoinGaf is going to do ? I would be kind of tense if i had large amount of money in BTC..

Ethereum actually had an involuntary coin split when over $50 million of the original Ethereum was stolen from a hacked exchange.

A disagreement over what to do, recover the stolen coins or let them be, resulted in the split into what is today Ethererum and Ethereum Classic.

Fortunately most people sided with the recovery camp and moved to Ethereum, leaving Ethereum Classic to low fiat value and obscurity for the most part.

Ethereum actually had an involuntary coin split when over $50 million of the original Ethereum was stolen from a hacked exchange.

A disagreement over what to do, recover the stolen coins or let them be, resulted in the split into what is today Ethererum and Ethereum Classic.

Wow... The crazy world of Cryptocurrency.

x3sphere

This is crazy, thanks. I had no idea, what is BitCoinGaf is going to do ? I would be kind of tense if i had large amount of money in BTC..

I am just holding. Might buy more BTC if it drops a lot. Too bad I did not convert all my BTC into ETH awhile back, still could do it and probably come out ahead in the coming weeks, but I don't like being out of BTC entirely.

Chumley

Banned
ETH is climbing like crazy. I feel like a drop to $300 after all this action is imminent but it's still not happening and I'm itching to buy up.

I wonder what would happen if ETH market cap caught up with BTC and then immediately dropped by 50%. This sort of thing would be normal in crypto. I have a four-point harness and I'm strapped in for this ride.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Do any of you guys have a plan to actually benefit in your lives from your crypto money? I'm finding it hard to come up with any scheme for taking money out that doesn't leave me thinking 'man, I wish I'd left that in ETH'

Do any of you guys have a plan to actually benefit in your lives from your crypto money? I'm finding it hard to come up with any scheme for taking money out that doesn't leave me thinking 'man, I wish I'd left that in ETH'
The simplest way is to take partial profits. Take out 15% of your profits (or whatever you like) out each month, for example. It is actually a good measure against protecting your assets too, in case there is a dive.

You also need to have some target and strategy. Goals: Do you want to make enough to retire for life? Do you only want to double your assets? Do you just want to have some savings? Strategy: Leverage fundamental analysis (buying Eth a few months ago), leverage technical analysis (buying Eth now), low latency trading (leveraging computers), etc.

ETH is climbing like crazy. I feel like a drop to $300 after all this action is imminent but it's still not happening and I'm itching to buy up.
Buy in steps. Worse case you'll put more money in once it drops, which is not likely.

The market is on the verge of flipping from BTC to Eth. You might want to buy some ETC too [I did, believe it is undervalued].

Chumley

Banned
The simplest way is to take partial profits. Take out 15% of your profits (or whatever you like) out each month, for example. It is actually a good measure against protecting your assets too, in case there is a dive.

You also need to have some target and strategy. Goals: Do you want to make enough to retire for life? Do you only want to double your assets? Do you just want to have some savings? Strategy: Leverage fundamental analysis (buying Eth a few months ago), leverage technical analysis (buying Eth now), low latency trading (leveraging computers), etc.

Buy in steps. Worse case you'll put more money in once it drops, which is not likely.

The market is on the verge of flipping from BTC to Eth. You might want to buy some ETC too [I did, believe it is undervalued].

Yeah, I pulled the trigger at $150. If it drops, fuck it, at least for now I can stop worrying about it.

Haven't looked into ETC yet since I'm just staying simple with BTC and ETH on Coinbase.

Donos

Man, was going to buy ETH last week but i got problems with coinbase and my payment options not going through -_-.

Yeap. Hitting the resistance at $380 right now. In case it doesn't break through, ready to buy lol Wish my bank would let me transfer some more cash lol

Chumley

Banned
My vote is for everyone to put however much they can into ETH right now.

Also, biz is fucking insane right now and full of some heinous racism seemingly intent on making the crypto community look terrible.

Chumley

Banned
$406 now.

giphy.gif

Donos

Feels good to be a part of it :)

ETH just blew past $400!

omg, and i have to wait till tomorrow to buy (some problem with CC card but i just tranfered funds into my EUR Wallet in coinbase).....

I wanted to buy when it was at 220 € *cries*

I don't even know anymore.

I had a lot of cash on the exchange waiting for the next dip but...

I don't even know...It's so insane right now, at this minute...

SCReuter

Okay, so we're at $418 somehow. Debating whether I should do one last purchase now or wait until later today for a possible dip.

Chumley

Banned
Normally I'd say there's for sure going to be a dip but with ETH nothing is certain, this might just keep going. I slept on $300 assuming there would be a dip and now look at where we are.

Maybe the nuts at biz saying there's going to be a flip from BTC to ETH are right and we're looking at $1k by the end of the month.

Bedlam

I just bought one more ETH. Couldn't resist, even at that crazy price. Seeing my other ETH going up in price over the last two weeks was just too good. And even if it dips now, it will probably recover way beyond that.

Also, I invested a large share of the ETH profits into a 2-year-mining contract at Genisis-Mining yesterday. According to calculations it will yield at least several times the amount of ETH that I had in my wallet.

If anyone wants to jump in with mining there, here is a 3% off code for every transaction: KMJx8S

Donos

When i have my funds tomorrow it will probably pretty high already ... whats the #2 draft pick Rookie after ETH? Let me pump in all my funds into it when it still costs 3 cents ;_;

Having read up on ETH, it's really interesting in it projected/theoretical possibilities compared to BTC.

Dipping again gents, 396 i don't think it'll ever be going lower than 390.
There will be dips. But it is almost impossible to time them. Just buy above the support line. I don't think it will come to less than the first resistance it break through: $380. Or out a limit buy order lol, if you don't mind never hitting it.

Chumley

Banned
There will be dips. But it is almost impossible to time them. Just buy above the support line. I don't think it will come to less than the first resistance it break through: $380

You were right, it just hit 382 and now seems to be creeping back up.

Nevermind, 379 now.

You were right, it just hit 382 and now seems to be creeping back up.

Nevermind, 379 now.
It might dip quite below the support line momentarily, but will go back up again. You can put a buy order at, say $300, and just forget about it. Tomorrow you might see that were able to buy at $300, but if it doesn't hit that low, you probably won't be able to buy again at any price below the support.

You can watch the dips and wait for an opportunity, but most likely you'll just panic and sell at a low price.

Top Bottom