• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiltz

I can see it now...

On Pikmin 3 not being a day 1 launch title:

Miyamoto: I am sorry to say that Pikmin 3 won't be ready in time to coincide with Wii U's launch this November. We needed more time not to impement online multiplayer.

Medalion

Banned
I would not be surprised in the slightest with Pikmin 3 being delayed... they know the hardcore market are very skeptical of the Wii-U at the moment so why blow that ace in the hole so soon

3ds-animalcrossing-02.png

Franchise everyone likes delayed until Spring to make room for Mario? Sounds familiar :(

Hiltz

Borderlands 2 on WiiU. Make it happen Gearbox.

“We really like the Wii U, I think it’s a really cool platform…So we’re really excited to bring Aliens: Colonial Marines to it. And we’re going to do a wait and see approach, our publisher 2K is going to see whether they’re going to go with that.

…But if Borderlands 2 was on the Wii U, the thing I would be most excited about is inventory management: it would be amazing on that, it would just be fantastic. And I think the artwork would look really good, with the way they can deal with the resolutions and textures, I think it’s a really good console.” - Gearbox Co-founder

And here we go.

ED Cantu

From today's conversations with a Nintendo rep, Pikmin 3 is not a launch game. Their focus is on Nintendoland, New SMB U, Ninja Gaiden 3, and hopefully Lego City (could slip). All will be revealed on Sept 13 but if I had to guess, Pikmin 3 may be a spring title. This gels with current marketing showing up in stores - no sign of Pikmin 3.

Really? that's too bad, from the few Wii U games I'm interested in, this was the one I was waiting for the most.

IrishNinja

From today's conversations with a Nintendo rep, Pikmin 3 is not a launch game. Their focus is on Nintendoland, New SMB U, Ninja Gaiden 3, and hopefully Lego City (could slip). All will be revealed on Sept 13 but if I had to guess, Pikmin 3 may be a spring title. This gels with current marketing showing up in stores - no sign of Pikmin 3.

2w591.gif

ima pretend i didn't read this

zroid

Banned

are-you-shtting-me-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-150.gif

hatchx

Banned
iiiiiif Pikmin 3 is delayed but includes multiplayer co-op maybe online multiplayer I'm okay with that. Delay it until June if it's necessary.

Just roll out the other games Nintendo. Panorama WiiU and Game and Wario for 79.99 my wallet is ready.

Hero

The only acceptable reasoning for Pikmin 3 being pushed until 2013 is if they put in online modes.

Ugh...

Are Nintendo helping at all with the development of NG3: Razor's Edge? I have little faith in the game if its just Team Ninja working on it; Nintendo I have a lot of faith in and if they want to have heavy third-party support for the Wii U, this is a great way of gathering third-party interest.

Anyone interested in doing a Nintendo-themed "scenes from a hat" to pass the time until real news?

Medalion

Banned
Pikmin 3 optimized for 1080p at 60fps instead of 720p... I don't care that much about online cuz it was never an online contender for me.

Terrell

Pikmin 3 is delayed because of all the people who bitched that it still looks like an upscaled Wii game, let's be honest.

Pikmin 3 is delayed because of all the people who bitched that it still looks like an upscaled Wii game, let's be honest.

I was going to say that hopefully it was delayed to fix those ground textures. It looks horrible compared to how good everything else looks.

RAWi

I still find it very peculiar that Nintendo has it written like that on their website, and that it would be necessary in games which allow you to hold the controller sideways NES style, but it looks like we have more confirmation of Motion+ being necessary than we have of it not... so... Damn.

Edit: You are all allowed exactly 1 "I told you so".

Ah, that's because the Wiimote can still be used with the Wii U, but only for Wii games. That's why in the description says that it is compatible with the Wiimote (without Motion Plus).

So, you were half-right :D! And, thank you for the info (on the link), that tells me that NSMBU is only compatible with WiimotePlus and not Wiimote (without Motion Plus).

canvee

I was going to say that hopefully it was delayed to fix those ground textures. It looks horrible compared to how good everything else looks.

They need to change the pikmin models themselves as well. There's something about how their colors contrast with everything else that looks odd to me.

If it helps it look and play better this is welcomed news... I hope it looks less like a Wii port when we see it next

Medalion

Banned
You guys are kidding yourselves if u think they are majorly graphically overhauling it after its E3 debut, delay or not

Thats fucking sad...still getting WiiU day 1! ;(

LUNA

I cannot still believe Nintendo did not put analog triggers in their new controllers (pad + pro).

I am mostly a Nintendo Game player but I love racers so I always have to buy Nintendo Console + Sony or Ms one. I thought with the WiiU and Project Cars maybe this time I could just buy the WiiU, but without analog triggers I don't know how you can take good control in driving games.... really sad for me...

You'd think that somebody at Nintendo would have actually played Ninja Gaiden 3 before deciding on promoting it at launch?

the game is being fixed with major changes, give it a chance the dev has acknowledged its wrongs and wants to try again. Besides Tecmo + Nintendo have been friendly its good for the future to have them work together

You'd think that somebody at Nintendo would have actually played Ninja Gaiden 3 before deciding on promoting it at launch?

Appearantly since they are changing up quite a bit, and Team Ninja sounds like a beaten dog when interviewed about why they changed so much from the Vanilla Ninja Gaiden3.

Mind you "changing much" is completely in the eye of the beholder here. I don't know if the criticisim of NG3 can be rectified by redesigning the combat akin to NG2 and upping enemy difficulty and ferocity to be more like older games. I have no idea if the rest of the game is broken enough that the old gameplay couldn't make this port better.

seriously who believed Pikmin 3 was going to drive WiiU sales?

Pikmin to me is like Pilotwings. A nice niche franchise with a very dedicated fanbase. It's not needed at launch.

I'm going to keep my eyes on NG3 its not the kind of game I buy, I am just curious to see if its still a mess

man... I don't have many games I could pick up at launch here oh well at least I save money
3AQmK.gif

DOA5 is something I would have picked up TECMO!
LLShC.gif

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunoooooooooooooo

If Pikmin isn't in the launch window, I won't be getting the system for just Zombi U. That's just sad that after all this time and Pikmin 3 is in reach, it's delayed once again. I really hope that's not true.

Pikmin 3 was always launch window. March 2013 is my guess.

I'd say it's going to receive some enhancements (it seems it already has in some of the more recent videos), especially with the ground/small grass growing out of it, polygonal tree trunks in the boss level.

I'd say it's going to receive some enhancements (it seems it already has in some of the more recent videos), especially with the ground/small grass growing out of it, polygonal tree trunks in the boss level.
Small grass trunks were allready there since E3 i think.

Yagharek

At this stage I was planning to get NSMB, Pikmin and Zombi U on launch day.

Should any of those drop, others I would immediately consider are Scribblenauts, Rayman and Lego City Stories.

Next tier down is Batman, AC3 and Darksiders.

So even if delays hit, I'll be more than ok for choice.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Yeah, you are right.
The launch titles published by N at d1 will be Land, Mario and NG3.
The other titles presented (and among them P100 and Pikmin) are launch window (and with that I think they mean within March 2013, so the first 3-4 month - due to the launch in November-December in US/Jap/Pal).
Also Ubisoft will not put every Wii U title at launch, obviously: there will be Zombi, AC3 and probably one between Rabbids and Sport. Rayman will be early 2013.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I like the OP.
What do you think to add just a list of the most important titles already confirmed for the launch window?

ThankeeSai

Super hyped for this :)

Does anyone happen to know what time the conference on the 13th is at (UK time)?

I'm in work until 8pm on that day. Oh work, how I hate you, but love you at the same time as you are paying for this console and it's delicious games for me.

Gah!

Yeah basically Nintendo have skipped an entire generation of audio output.

Even crappy freeview boxes in England for £20 have optical out.

Super hyped for this :)

Does anyone happen to know what time the conference on the 13th is at (UK time)?

I'm in work until 8pm on that day. Oh work, how I hate you, but love you at the same time as you are paying for this console and it's delicious games for me.

Gah!

10am NYC so add your UK hours to 10am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom