• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Leaked document detailing MS future plans for the Xbox line. 56 pages long.

Majine

Banned
It's not going to be called 720, the 360 was named before when they were hardcore and bleeding edge. The next Xbox will have a softer and more universally appealing name.

Gemüsepizza;38927971 said:
Is this supposed to be from 2010 or 2011? Because it says "Wii 2" at the timeline on page 7 and seems a bit too vague for 2011.

yes I'd think 2010, so there's probably some out of date/cancelled plans on there too.

Instro

Dunno if its real, but it does fit pretty well with the rumors that the system is designed to replace all your other media boxes at the TV including your cable box and DVR. All those extra features would explain the need for extra RAM vs the other consoles as well.

Digishine

Banned
much bettah picture of the xbox 720 drawing.

xbox720.png

McHuj

There's nothing in this that really screams fake. For one, this is from September 2010. So it's almost two year's old.

Everything we've heard about MS's successor at that time (prior to them going crazy with the specs) indicated a cheaper console, an Xbox 1.5. All the talk about how MS wants to control multimedia entertainment aligns with what MS wants to do. If this is a fake, it's not far from the actual truth.

gaming_noob

Seriously? Did you not catch that guy a few weeks ago who had pretended to be Japanense for months and months on this forum, only to account suicide after he was caught. This is the internet talking about video games -- Believe.

Don't keep the rest of us hanging. Tell us who it was!

Instro

Seriously? Did you not catch that guy a few weeks ago who had pretended to be Japanense for months and months on this forum, only to account suicide after he was caught. This is the internet talking about video games -- Believe.

Er, wasn't that from like a few years ago?

Probably fake since the dates are already wrong on some of the stuff.(i.e. new dashboard hit in 2011, not 2012. There is no sign of the new model 360 described and the "XTV" sure seems like something that would have been revealed at E3 if it's coming some time this year.

Edit-Also on page 49 it talks about new Live tiers for 2011. Didn't happen and if these "plans" are already that far off a year later, then it's not worth a whole lot even if it's somehow a real thing done by real people at Microsoft.

Had to do multiple group projects like this (specifically Rayovac and RIMM) in high level business classes.

That was for a class though, obviously we're kind of talking as if some bored person with a lot of free time took the time to make it. But of course, who knows?

Seems pretty fake. Others have pointed out evidence.

I dont know though, it's done just well enough to make you wonder. The best you could say is that it's old if it had any truth to it (which I doubt)

Sean

Banned
If fake, the amount of work that went into creating this goes far beyond a simple photoshop into "crazy nutter" territory.

Dipswitch

The content sounds farcical, but the amount of attention paid to the diagrams in the latter half of the document make me wonder. Seems like a lot of work in a day and age when simply making up some specs and posting them online is enough to get the interwebs atwitter for days on end.

Slayven

It's not going to be called 720, the 360 was named before when they were hardcore and bleeding edge. The next Xbox will have a softer and more universally appealing name.

I thought it was named because Xbox 2 would sound inferior to PS3?

iammeiam

So this is supposed to be a presentation from Microsoft circa late 2010? It's dated for a 9/24 meeting, and slide 24 treats The Event as a relevant TV thing.

So even off the off chance it is real, anything and everything here could have changed.

Edit: Yeah, 'new' Apple TV reference clinches it as September 2010

Vamphuntr

Reading this thread I was expecting a document full of mistakes that is a disaster and well it doesn't look that bad. I still don't believe something like that would leak easily though.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So many saying its fake. Who the hell other than some company or paid firm would put so much effort into something like that? I really doubt a single individual would sit and make all that shit up.
jeff would in a single afternoon.

Top Bottom