• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV Final ATR at TGS 2017 [UP] Story updates continue into 2018

Laplasakos

@RedMakuzawa
FFXV 2018 roadmap will be revealed sometime in November. Square Enix is considering a second season pass.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201709/24142632.html

Hmmm, if there will be a second season game pass, i wonder what it will include. They said that an Ardyn episode would require much work and it would have to be a separate game, so we can scratch this out.

I think Luna and Aranea DLC episodes would make sense and it's something that fans want to see.

I really hope there won't be a second Season Pass and all the updates will be eitehr free or part of the main Season Pass. Unless the newer episodes are much longer than just couple of hours of the released episodes.
I know we can't expect the quality/price of Witcher 3 Season Pass/DLCs but I hope it will be close enough.

I think the multiplayer took a bigger chunk of the dlc money this time. With all characters now playable and tabata confirming itll all be story dlc now, im sure the dlc length will improve.
We need to consider that the current ones were 5 bucks each with a new scenario, character and area. I cant complain. But yeah. Would love 20 dollars ish bite sized side campaign. Possibly noctis's story in the dark world or ardin's origin tale

Toth

Not good at all. The only game that had this bad (and greedy) idea of second Season Pass was Evolve and everyone knows what happened to the whole thing after.

There is no comparison between the two. Evolve was beyond mismanaged from the get go (in regards to what they were charging versus what was delivered) and the DLC was for more monsters, not actual content.

Koozek

I really hope there won't be a second Season Pass and all the updates will be eitehr free or part of the main Season Pass. Unless the newer episodes are much longer than just couple of hours of the released episodes.
I know we can't expect the quality/price of Witcher 3 Season Pass/DLCs but I hope it will be close enough.
The story updates are clearly going to be free; don't know why you would think otherwise when it's stated several times in the OP and has been promised since last year.

I would definitely be up for a second season pass. I like that they keep expanding/giving with this game. Let them fix the story! I know a lot of people are like "move on!", but as mentioned before... they ARE working on a new IP, and this is only one team in SE. This isn't delaying FF7R, FF16, or stopping them from getting made. Don't know why some people have an irrational hatred for their continual work on this game. Some people seem downright angry over it.

If you don't like the idea of a second season pass/more content, do what you can do with all other DLC: don't play/buy it. Simple as that.
I feel like the team has put more than enough work into this game and that it's not just a simple cash in.

If they move on to their next project i'll be happy because we'll get that game sooner, if they make a second season pass i'll be happy because i'll get more FFXV next year.

I'm happy either way.

I think the multiplayer took a bigger chunk of the dlc money this time. With all characters now playable and tabata confirming itll all be story dlc now, im sure the dlc length will improve.
We need to consider that the current ones were 5 bucks each with a new scenario, character and area. I cant complain. But yeah. Would love 20 dollars ish bite sized side campaign. Possibly noctis's story in the dark world or ardin's origin tale

I think the multiplayer should be available for all and not for Season Pass owners only like I explained here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249782952&postcount=205

Season Pass costs 25 bucks and each episode alone costs 5 bucks, so we should get at least 5 episodes for those who got the Season Pass and you know Season Passes normally cost much less than the whole sum of DLCs after they got all released, so normally we should get more than 5 DLC episodes.
That is why I still doubt there will be another Season Pass unless they plan on doing more than 10 extra episodes.

I just noticed something weird in the PSN store: The FFXV Season Pass release date is November 29th 2017 while FFXV main game release date is January 6th 2017!!!!

Btw, that Famitsu link doesn't work, it gives error.

I think the multiplayer should be available for all and not for Season Pass owners only like I explained here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249782952&postcount=205

Season Pass costs 25 bucks and each episode alone costs 5 bucks, so we should get at least 5 episodes for those who got the Season Pass and you know Season Passes normally cost much less than the whole sum of DLCs after they got all released, so normally we should get more than 5 DLC episodes.
That is why I still doubt there will be another Season Pass unless they plan on doing more than 10 extra episodes.

You can think what you like but that doesn't make it so. The Comrades MP isn't free and is part of the season pass, that's the reality of the situation and you can't just ignore that and then proceed to lay out an argument that is rooted in a faulty premise.

You can think what you like but that doesn't make it so. The Comrades MP isn't free and is part of the season pass, that's the reality of the situation and you can't just ignore that and then proceed to lay out an argument that is rooted in a faulty premise.

So if the 3 episodes cost 5 bucks each, The Comrade MP alone must cost 10 bucks to reach the total sum of the Season Pass. If so, then there is no advantage at all for getting the Season Pass since getting all of its chunks will cost as much as it, unless The Comrades MP will cost more than 10 bucks alone.

Koozek

Btw, that Famitsu link doesn't work, it gives error.
Click the adress bar and press enter again. Always gotta do that with Famitsu links.

And btw, you will be able to buy the Comrades DLC separately like any of the others. We knew it was part of the Season Pass from months before the main game's release even and that's what we paid for. Makes no sense to give it away free for all unless they would change it to be microtransaction/loot box-based to cover its dev costs. They've been working on this for almost a year, it's more than just a simple tacked-on multiplayer mode.

So if the 3 episodes cost 5 bucks each, The Comrade MP alone must cost 10 bucks to reach the total sum of the Season Pass. If so, then there is no advantage at all for getting the Season Pass since getting all of its chunks will cost as much as it, unless The Comrades MP will cost more than 10 bucks alone.
Well, I could actually see it be more than $10 separately.

I agree overall, but technically there are other things in the season pass. Extra carnival stuff and IIRC the booster items.

joeblow

Thanks for the thread info. I've had the game unplayed as backlog on my system since I bought it on sale, but since it won't be finished until 2018, I'll delete it until then.

Do you know if FFVII Remake will have the same combat gameplay as FFXV? Because from I tested, it is a nice jump from turn based, click on word to attack like before but still combat is tied to one button and not very technical. I really hope we get combat close to GOW or DMC.

Thanks for the thread info. I've had the game unplayed as backlog on my system since I bought it on sale, but since it won't be finished until 2018, I'll delete it until then.

Play the Chocobo Carnival event and the Assain's Creed event before you delete the game. They gonna end soon. There are also weekly quests.
Oh and the MP Comrades when it gets released next month, unless it has a separate game download like in the Beta.

Koozek

Koozek

Really nice.
Thank you for keeping us updated about anything Final Fantasy.

I am stil suspecting you are part of Square-Enix. :p
5TJ1lXd.png

Remind me please who was FFVersusXIII director. Is he the one in charge of FFVII Remake now?
I'm so sorry
c60WERS.png

Ludens

Banned

The content of the season pass is/was listed on the store: three episodes for the bros, the multiplayer expansion and "plus" stuff for moogle festival etc.

Other episodes won't be part of it.

I think Comrades will be like 15€ stand-alone, so you should get a 5€ discount by buying the season pass, plus optional benefits with festivals.

Koozek

Wow really? I thought it would rest longer. I need to hurry. Where do you keep updated about the times and durations of events? I need to know where. Also what do you unlock if you finish the events.
You can get a "Dream Egg" in the Chocobo Carnival:
I posted it earlier, but I'll post it again for posterity:
"For those asking, getting the dream egg is fairly easy. If available, go to "Special" in the main menu and go to the festival. Fastest way (or at least how I did it) to get the 50 tickets
is to do the Moogle Plush photo quest and the arena minigames.
Spoiler tagged that in case anyone cares about those kinds of spoilers."

I think this DLC looks cool. I think it's great they're adding content, even if it's cross promotion. Not sure why people are so upset they they aren't moving to a new FF game. They want to make this entry the best it can be.

That Dream Egg will turn into a special AssCreed costume for Noctis when you've installed the latest patch that came around the release of the Assassin's Festical DLC:
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIcwCEuUEAEH2WQ.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIcwC0fUEAADr5q.jpg[/IMG]

You also get a AC: Origins costume for the whole party just by playing the Assassin's Festival DLC:
Code:
[IMG]https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_kubrick/123/1239113/3277732-fff.png[/IMG]

You can get a "Dream Egg" in the Chocobo Carnival:

That Dream Egg will turn into a special AssCreed costume for Noctis when you've installed the latest patch that came around the release of the Assassin's Festical DLC:
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIcwCEuUEAEH2WQ.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIcwC0fUEAADr5q.jpg[/IMG]

You also get a AC: Origins costume for the whole party just by playing the Assassin's Festival DLC:
Code:
[IMG]https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/screen_kubrick/123/1239113/3277732-fff.png[/IMG]

You get the first Assassin's Creed outfit from Chocobo Carnival that can be worn in the main game too? That Chocobo carnival is so important then.

Can you wear Assassin's Creed Origins outfits in the main game too?

I can't understand Square-Enix obsession with Assassin's Creed: FFXIII AC:Revelations Outfit and now those 2 outfits and the whole event.

Soul Calibur 5 included Ezio too and MGS4 had AC1 outfit and MGS Peace Walker had many stuff from Assassin's Creed too while Assassin's Creed Brotherhood had Raiden outfit and cardbox from MGS.

Is Assassin's Creed that popular in Japan or Ubisoft that strong (getting partnership with many companies even developing a Mario game) ?

Koozek

You get the first Assassin's Creed outfit from Chocobo Carnival that can be worn in the main game too? That Chocobo carnival is so important then.

Can you wear Assassin's Creed Origins outfits in the main game too?

I can't understand Square-Enix obsession with Assassin's Creed: FFXIII AC:Revelations Outfit and now those 2 outfits and the whole event.

Soul Calibur 5 included Ezio too and MGS4 had AC1 outfit and MGS Peace Walker had many stuff from Assassin's Creed too while Assassin's Creed Brotherhood had Raiden outfit and cardbox from MGS.

Is Assassin's Creed that popular in Japan or Ubisoft that strong (getting partnership with many companies even developing a Mario game) ?
You can wear both costumes in the main game, yeah.

Can anyone explain to me the difference between the free Holiday Pack and Holiday Pack+ that you can get only by having Season Pass? One says it grants free Carnival Ticket, the other grants Carnival Ticket. What does that mean? Does that mean those who have Holiday Pack + from Season Pass can play the Chocobo Carnival whenever they want and aren't tied by event time limit?

Can anyone explain to me the difference between the free Holiday Pack and Holiday Pack+ that you can get only by having Season Pass? One says it grants free Carnival Ticket, the other grants Carnival Ticket. What does that mean? Does that mean those who have Holiday Pack + from Season Pass can play the Chocobo Carnival whenever they want and aren't tied by event time limit?
Holiday+ has extra accessories

Ahasverus

But it was fixed 6 months ago? You have Lite (1080p 60fps uncapped), High (4k 1800c target 30fps, frame pacing issues), and Steady (1080p, 30fps locked, no frame pacing issues, original Lite behavior)
High has a messy frame pacing. I'd love to play it on high with perfect framepacing.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal

It also includes some extra stuff like the Carnival Style Sombrero outfit and some items. It is looking likely that the season pass will be around the same price as buying everything separately though.

Thanks for the help with locations to get the Chocobo egg!

I can't seem to access the festival though. Is it in the main menu?
Squire banned? :D
Aw that's a shame. :(

It's sad when a member gets banned on GAF. Well, unless it's a racist or someone who wanted to physically kill another member.

Hopefully he/she's back soon.

Top Bottom