• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2017

Burn0ut

Neo Member
At least some death stranding gameplay
Or a spiderman release date would be good
Not expecting a ffvvi remake anymore

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
This sony and kojima relationship is really great thing.
Sony really "get it".

Also, the trailer is running in real time on PS4 PRO and the ocean scene is playable, the visuals are going to be next level.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Medievil remaster
Wipeout vr
megaman in monhun world

Still 3 cool things :)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I might be only one but I’m so god damn happy to see NieR Automata on these montage trailers. To think one of the Yoko Taro games became mainstream.

kermitthefrog93

Neo Member
Well, I stayed up for nothing. A few VR games and a Medieval remaster? Imminent games shown without release dates? Talking about Horizon:Zero Dawn for 10 minutes just for the heck of it? I got more enjoyment out of my Game Awards mixpot, which wasn't very good.

so this is Bob Ross the game?

interesting art style but I don't see how this can be a good game with just painting graffiti.

xviper

does this count as a conference ?? because that must be the worst gaming conference of all time

Petrae

does this count as a conference ?? because that must be the worst gaming conference of all time

Nintendo’s 2008 E3 keynote was worse than this thing. PSX 2017 was a generally inoffensive waste of everyone’s time, while Nintendo’s E3 2008 event was full of cringeworthy moments that made people genuinely wonder if the company had lost touch with its core gaming consumer base.

That said, Sony deserves the shit it’s been getting about PSX 2017. It was a pointless event, less than 24 hours after a more significant one, and it even recycled trailers from the night before. MediEvil could have been revealed at The Game Awards the night before, instead of after having people struggle to sit through 60+ minutes of visual chloroform before dropping anything even remotely interesting.

Dargor

So, is there a summary of it? Sounds like people were dissapointed with it from what I can tell.

Peroroncino

Snacks and drinks ready.

Here for Bloodborne 2. Lets do this. ������

You poor poor fools.

It doesn't and it wasn't, it was known long ago this was gonna be just some low-key stream with talking panels, I wrote that here a couple of times but people chose to ignore it.

Tumle

Well I enjoyed it.. but I really didn’t go into it thinking I was getting e3 2.0..:)
I liked the relaxed convos going on and the different stories the developers had to tell. But that’s just me..
I’ll let you get on with your disappointment.. like you do every year after psx:)

Narasaki

One of most disgustingly boring conferences I´ve ever seen. I need a especific From software+Gen Design+Playdead Experience to release me forever from this parallel world that american executives think videogames are. I would never watch an american conference again

JP

Was there a conference?
No, right from the beginning they'd said there wasn't going to be a press conference or keynote and that this year they were changing the format making it more like the post conference panels from previous years which would contain people playing games, developer interviews, etc.

As they said, their end of year "conference" was essentially held at Paris Games Week.
Sid Shuman (PlayStation Blog) said:
On Friday night, we'll have a special presentation with opening remarks, special guests and game updates to talk about. We're not calling it a Showcase given that we're coming a few weeks off of Paris Games Week, but we'll have some cool content to share.

They did give us a fair warning it would blow when they said they announced most of the big stuff at E3 (and their E3 presentation already sucked ass).

autoduelist

One of most disgustingly boring conferences I´ve ever seen. I need a especific From software+Gen Design+Playdead Experience to release me forever from this parallel world that american executives think videogames are. I would never watch an american conference again

From the sounds of it, you've never seen an 'American' conference. From all the posts surrounding yours, you should have noticed this wasn't one.

Lemondish

That was a refreshing take on the hyperspeed trailer conferences we've been seeing. Way more intimate and chill than the nonstop flash and bang from E3/Paris. I really enjoyed that - felt more like a con panel than a press event.

I can see now why they were out in force for months reminding people that PSX wasn't going to have a traditional conference. Folks still ignored it and expected the moon, again. Tsk tsk. Everyone who's pissed was either not paying attention or is being intentionally dumb just to troll. Either way, not worth listening to the complaints.

JP

I think in part some of the changes in format come from come from the comment they made a few weeks ago about knowing that they sometimes announced games too early. I know that was an issue for some but I never actually had any issues with that way of announcing games but it did sort of benefit early game announcements by having a large scale stage announcement.

No, right from the beginning they'd said there wasn't going to be a press conference or keynote and that this year they were changing the format making it more like the post conference panels from previous years which would contain people playing games, developer interviews, etc.

As they said, their end of year "conference" was essentially held at Paris Games Week.

I get that PGW wasn't that long ago but PSX had built up a lot of good will from previous years.

It's difficult for people not to be disappointed despite Sony putting out the word not to expect anything.

It also really doesn't make sense to tone it down when it had become so popular. The event used to be spouted as something as "for the people" which many liked.

If anything PGW and PSX should have been flip flopped for their formats. What was weird is how Sony still rented out this giant ass theater and filled up the seats for a show that still had nice production values for an event that really didn't need it. If this was some twitch developer stream than no one would give a shit if there was nothing exciting announced. Going all the way with a theater and filling it with people for something like this is really unnecessary.

edit: I mean ffs show off something new, hell isn't Yakuza Song of Life supposed to come out in March for the west? At least show some of that maybe.

Lilseb93

This PSX has been very underwhelming. It feels completely pointless if you didn't go there in person. I'm not expecting some 2015 E3 "year of dreams" kind of event, but I expect more than this. The presentations and discussions weren't even interesting.

Dynomutt

I think this is where transparency backfires. No need to stream this and no need to include "everyone". Should just have held the event and released the news to the typical gaming sites. Make it special for those who actually attend.

This was not a conference. They said it wasn't and to expect maybe a few things. The leaks and hype pretty much led to folks killing their own hype.

If they say they will do a conference it should done in the same manner as an actual conference. This was a sit and chat.

Tumle

I get that PGW wasn't that long ago but PSX had built up a lot of good will from previous years.

It's difficult for people not to be disappointed despite Sony putting out the word not to expect anything.

It also really doesn't make sense to tone it down when it had become so popular. The event used to be spouted as something as "for the people" which many liked.

If anything PGW and PSX should have been flip flopped for their formats. What was weird is how Sony still rented out this giant ass theater and filled up the seats for a show that still had nice production values for an event that really didn't need it. If this was some twitch developer stream than no one would give a shit if there was nothing exciting announced. Going all the way with a theater and filling it with people for something like this is really unnecessary.

edit: I mean ffs show off something new, hell isn't Yakuza Song of Life supposed to come out in March for the west? At least show some of that maybe.
Why? It’s great that us, Europeans also get some of the good stuff.. even though everyone also complained about PGW..
some of you are too spoiled.. if it wasn’t for you, you should have turned it off and kept your hype in check:p

Top Bottom