• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix send special praise message to Denuvo

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

i thought i should make separate thread for this instead of leave it on steam sale thread

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/squar...vo-thanks-to-you-people-have-to-buy-the-game/

so,what SE think about PC gamers?

DDGpGSIW0AEVxA-.jpg

https://www.denuvo.com/#references

”Thanks to you for the incredible service your team provide – it's great to partner with you! It's thanks to you guys that people have to buy the game."

this is just,,,funny.

edit:this thread is going places
just to explain it,that message after 2 weeks of denuvo cracked,so that message is weird,why praise a failing product now?
who would spend thousands of dollars just to protect their game for 4-5 days?

mod please lock this thread if not necessary.

Well that strikes me as a conference-call quote that SE PR certainly didn't review for publishing before Denuvo ran with it.

Shameless.

Someone at SE wrote a semi-private polite thank you message to a business partner for providing the service they paid them to do.

I don't think it's worth taking that as a personal slap in the face or anything.

Harlequin

That last sentence is a bit odd in how it's worded IMO but in terms of the message's content, I don't think it's too big a deal since it's understandable that a big publisher like SE would hold that stance. Is SE one of the publishers who has developers remove Denuvo from their games after a certain amount of time? Or do they keep it in indefinitely?

You may not like denuvo, but it's not bizarre that Square Enix would. This is one area in which consumers and companies are never going to see eye to eye.

The only dumb thing about the quote imo is that Square thinks that Nier is their best selling PC game thanks to Denuvo when the reality is that people didn't have to wait a fucking year or 3 or 5 for it to come out at full price this time.

True Fire

I'm laughing, not gonna lie.

But I think the real humour is the fact that it was clearly an off the cuff statement, not a testimonial. And the fact that Denuvo is being cracked left right and centre gives it a dose of irony.

That last sentence is a bit odd in how it's worded IMO but in terms of the message's content, I don't think it's too big a deal since it's understandable that a big publisher like SE would hold that stance. Is SE one of the publishers who has developers remove Denuvo from their games after a certain amount of time? Or do they keep it in indefinitely?

Oh yeah, Denuvo got removed from HITMAN™

after Square Enix dropped IO and the IP.

koutoru

I wonder if Denuvo got the green light to post that or if this wasn't meant to be a public facing quote in the first place.

sigh,nothing
I'm not sure what you expected. Like, are we supposed to point and laugh at Square Enix because their PC games have DRM? Basically all large publishers have DRM for their PC games. They don't want piracy of any kind occurring. There is nothing surprising about that.

L.O.R.D

I'm not sure what you expected. Like, are we supposed to point and laugh at Square Enix because their PC games have DRM? Basically all large publishers have DRM for their PC games. They don't want piracy of any kind occurring. There is nothing surprising about that.

because they are praising a product that got cracked fast,and that message was after 2 weeks the nier cracked news.

Slashlen

Meh, my employer likes to throw out similar things from our business customers. It's often meaningless. Words are cheap and it's an easy way to keep a relationship running smoothly.

ItIsOkBro

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about DRM culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the DRM public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Kingdom Hearts III for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel Kingdom Hearts III for PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

because they are praising a product that got cracked fast,and that message was after 2 weeks the nier cracked news.

I under the impression that the bulk of the sales occur in the first week or two anyhow, so that's all they care about. It was what, a two month gap? Well past the initial period.

L.O.R.D

I under the impression that the bulk of the sales occur in the first week or two anyhow, so that's all they care about. It was what, a two month gap? Well past the initial period.
If you read the message carefully,you will understand that they said "if there was no DRM,all PC people will pirate out game,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom