• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': I Want to Protect Her...Again Edition

Strike

ZioeHPI.jpg

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) - Just about done with the DLC and challenges.

Major fall releases are starting to come in with titles like South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Gran Turismo Sport all out this week. Whatcha Been Playin?

Falchion

I feel like you've been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider forever.

I just started The Stick of Truth and am still playing Cuphead. I'll probably play a ton of Rocket League this weekend too.

JJShadow

- The Evil Within 2: 12 hours in, loving it so far. Huge improvement over the first one
- Gran Turismo Sport: only played for 5 hours but I know I'll sink tons of hours into it, driving and online races are second to none
- Golf Story: 13 hours in and getting closer to the end, play every day 30-40 min on the bus. Such a charm and funny game
- Destiny 2: I keep coming back for the weekly raid with the clan

kunonabi

[Wii]Excitebots: Trick Racing is my main focus but i may get in some [Wii]Escape From Bug Island and [PS4]: Soul Suspect in as well. Not a bad weekend at all.

rfield84

Banned
Hoping to dive into Elex this weekend. I picked it up after extensive research, aka watching video impressions and reading through the OT. It's got its quirks, but I think I'm gonna like it.

Indelible

Just started Life is Strange: Before the Storm, really well done considering it is a different developer than the original.

I've been dipping into Forza Horizon 3 now and again after buying it months ago and barely touching it. It's pretty fun but racing games can't seem to hold my attention for long these days.

I just started Wolfenstein: The New Order so I can run through it again before A New Colossus. Only a few hours in but I'd forgotten how satisfying it is.

dreamfall

Just slightly dipping in Far Cry 4 and a bit of Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Wandering in these big checklist open world titles gives me peace.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
mutant football league
y6uacjdl

southpark fractured but whole
middle earth shadow of war
have to clear these last 2 out so i can get ready for mario and assassins creed next week

PetrCobra

Stardew Valley... until late in the night, every night.

Not much time for anything else except a bit of PoGo on my way to and from work.

I really need some rest, so it's good weekend is coming. On the flipside, there's actually a games fair here right now, so I'll head over there tomorrow to check out Super Mario Odyssey, Skyrim Switch and maybe a few other things.

Alternating between Persona 5 and Danganronpa V3.

I'm still early in the game, but V3 (so far) is shaping up to be the best in the series imo.

Playing Earthbound on the 3DS, and while this is like the 5th time going through it, I love finding new things to love about it. The dialog remains top notch.

Hoping to play some more Amnesia, but I'm a baby so I'm going to intersperse playing Danganronpa 2 in there as well if things get too intense.

I also rented the new South Park game just to check it out.

KonradLaw

Destktop broke down, but instead of replacing the parts I decided to wait and save up for a big upgrade. Meanwhile I'm on a laptop and I'm using it as an opportunity to catch on older/low-end games I'm missed.
I've played No One Lives Forever (well..I did play it long time ago, but not GOTY edition, so I had an excuse). Aged surprisingly well in places where it counts.
I tried playing Star Wars: Republic Commando, but the aiming with that huge reticule just kills it for me, so I've dropped it and now I'm playing Ronin and Thief 3. With T3 I've played it before, but I installed it for fan missions, but the Sneaky Upgrade project is so damn good it fixes most of the problems with the game, so I've started to replay the main campaign :D

Mathieran

Banned
Darksiders 1 on PS4. It has aged pretty well and runs really nice on PS4 Pro. It's got an art style that has aged pretty well for the most part, although the colors are drab but considering the setting it makes sense.

Gameplay is pretty good, and I like the hybrid Zelda/GoW thing they have going on. The only bad part of the game was the Black Tower. That place was a fucking drag. I'm almost done now, think I'm fighting the final boss.

Also Mark Hamill is in it, and he's always awesome.

souppboy

Neo Member
Just started Divinity: Original Sin with my girlfriend. It’s amazing. Wish that the movement speed was a little faster, but I am adjusting and enjoying the combat and exploration.

Grisby

Working this weekend but I'll mainly be playing and trying to finish ThE Evil Within 2 on PS4. Will also be dabbling in Overwatch's Halloween deal.

Surfside

Banned
Played through the story of Final Fantasy 15. And despite agreeing with many, on its faults. Especially that so many important story beats were left out, making it feel unfinished. Non the less i loved it.

I loved its world design. Really they gave me enough information about the world and its mythology, to sink my teeth into it. I really loved my bros and the chemistry between them. I even liked Cindy despite her ridiculous sexualisation. Noctis is also an awesome protag. Now finished, i don't want to stop playing. So i'm going after the post-game content. I think this could really become my favorite Final Fantasy.

Finished Metroid Samus Returns with 100% completion.
Really enjoyed my time with it. I liked the aeon abilities, in particular the Scan Pulse, as it stopped me from shooting missile at every corner i expected items to be. The new parry felt well integrated and didn't stop my flow in the game. I also enjoyed the bosses with the multiple phases they had. In the end it could have been a little bit less linear and its music was not very Metroid like and rather boring.
But that doesn't stop it from being one of the best Metroid games in the series.

Began playing Horizon Zero Dawn, and man in person it looks even more beautiful. Done the beginning quests and i'm now right before the Proving. I'm rather addicted to the hunting already. The combat is fluid makes a lot of fun. The characters i have seen until now, i really liked, especially Rost. I think i will spend many joyfull hours with this one.

This year really has been stacked with amazing games. And it isn't even over yet.

Mezoly

Destiny 2: I have my fifth clear of the Raid. Got my first character to 305 with the build that I like. Started a second character. I want to do the Nightfall this week and try to finish it 5 mins early to get Rat King Quest done. I will wind down my play time with D2 since more games are coming, but it keeps pulling me back to play more.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole: I played it for few hours and the combat seems to be more interesting. However, most of my time was doing Toilet challenges lol.

Played through the story of Final Fantasy 15. And despite agreeing with many, on its faults. Especially that so many important story beats were left out, making it feel unfinished. Non the less i loved it.

I loved its world design. Really they gave me enough information about the world and its mythology, to sink my teeth into it. I really loved my bros and the chemistry between them. I even liked Cindy despite her ridiculous sexualisation. Noctis is also an awesome protag. Now finished, i don't want to stop playing. So i'm going after the post-game content. I think this could really become my favorite Final Fantasy.

FF15 is a weird game for me, where I hated it's flaws passionately but loved the game. I think the characters carried the game for me. I hated them at first but they grew on me in an unexpected way all the way to care about them and miss them when the leave the party.

Lots of Darkest Dungeon. Game is fantastic.

I'm thinking about picking up a PS3 tonight, along with NCAA Football 13, to itch that college football scratch.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Nier Automata (PS4) - Halfway through Route B. ~15 hours in
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (Switch) - Finally finished it last night. ~60 hours to finish.

Dragon dogma dark arisen was started this week. Haven't made much progress but I'm level 40 at the moment. Pretty good but haven't killed a dragon yet.

Surfside

Banned
FF15 is a weird game for me, where I hated it's flaws passionately but loved the game. I think the characters carried the game for me. I hated them at first but they grew on me in an unexpected way all the way to care about them and miss them when the leave the party.

Yesh it really is the kinda game that has to grow on you. Where its flaws become appearant pretty early on, but it strengths need some time to crystallize.

Aaron D.

WOHA7Hm.gif

Love, love, LOVING Cogmind so far. Gonna spend the weekend plumbing its depths.

Reinstalled Alien: Isolation to help get in the holiday spirit.

Beat the main game, but haven't messed with the DLC much. I understand Crew Expendable and Last Survivor are nice bite-sized story vignettes featuring the original movie's characters and voice talent. Gonna give those a spin.

Still futzing around with Cat Quest iOS but I should really save it for my upcoming trip.

Can't help myself as the game's incredibly pawsome!

MrS

Banned
Destiny 2 - Hard raid is no joke
The Evil Within 2 - Beat it last night and it's flown straight in to my top 5 favourite games of the year. It's amazing and I love it, naysayers be damned.

Blasting through my some of my backlog as quickly as I can before Mario Odyssey comes out.

metro_2033_redux.jpg

Started with Metro 2033. I finished Last Light and loved it but never got around to 2033. I finished this the other day and holy shit it was great. I can't wait for Exodus.

Went on to Recore and hit 2 game breaking bugs in the first 45min so I bailed. Sad too because what's there is actually really neat.

header.jpg

Lastly, I finished the Wolf Among Us last night. I had never played a TT game and I was pleasantly surprised!

petran79

Banned
Cosmic Star Heroine

If only Chrono Trigger had that character design in FMV sequences and avatars, instead of the awful Toriyama art.

StarPhlox

Golf Story (Switch) - probably wrapping up in the next few days but I've gone through it slowly because I've been going for 100%

Steamworld Dig 2 (Switch) - not very far in this one at all but I enjoy it for sure

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (PS4) - Pretty fun game that I think I'll be finishing up this weekend. Not game of the year material IMO but I've enjoyed it well enough to want to play it every day until I get to the (not true) ending

Stardew Valley (Switch) - I'll start this one soon

On pre-order: Wolfenstein II and Super Mario Odyssey

Beyond the mainstays of Overwatch, PUBG, and PoE, It’s been mainly backlog, catching up on games I didn’t have time for earlier or whose trophies I wanted to wait on. This month I platinumed:

FFIX
Horizon
Nex Machina
Nier Automata

Intending to finish Matterfall’s trophies today or tomorrow. Then it’s Destiny 2, Wolfenstein II, and Mario for the rest of the year (maybe toss-in some FFXII and Bioshock platinums if it comes to that).

I'm about a two hours into Horizon Zero Dawn. Loving it so far. I'm having the same problem I have with most games though. I don't have a lot of video game time anymore so I really just want to breeze through the game but I keep getting side tracked with side quests. That was all fine and dandy when I had a lot of free time, but I don't want to be playing this game incrementally for the next year. For context, it took me about 8 months to get through RE7 and I think my playtime on that game was ~13 hours.

N° 2048

Just beat Cuphead.
Playing South Park: The Fractured but Whole , still have to start Danganronpa V3 and Life Is Strange: Before The Storm Ep 2 and then Yomawari: Midnight Shadows comes on Tuesday.

So many games o_O

Been playing The Surge. Deck13 really learned what they did wrong with Lord's of the Fallen. I'm loving it.

Also been doing a runthrough of FFVI on my SNES classic

CaptNink

Been grinding lootboxes in the Overwatch Halloween event, playing the hell out of the fabulous Cuphead, and still embracing my inner super-hero with Injustice 2.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Ys 8 and Cuphead, also dating a non-gamer now so I'm gonna show her the SNES Classic today :p

Top Bottom