• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel |OT| Mega Man On Ice

CTLance

Okay, so let me get this straight.
A Japanese person created a Mega-Man clone using moe characters.
And named it "Rose Cross Stilletos: Penis".

Am I fully understanding the facts here?
Well, he(?) doesn't really use "Penis", but in so many words: yes.

As an aside: This is nothing new. Being German I can tell you that the Japanese mangle the German language with an innocent enthusiasm and thoroughness that makes it hard to really complain. You just gigglesnort, shrug, and move on.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Is this REALLY even "Moe", though? The girls actually look mostly deecnt in age, and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of making you feel sorry for the girls, or like "you should have protected them!" or anything of that sort.

This is probably one of the least-offensive girl-filled doujin games I've seen. Unless there's some secret dark side that pops up later on, dealing with that Fruedensatchel or something...

I pretty much lump the entire teen and pre-teen girl-filled fascination ridiculousness of Japan into the "Moe" category. Maybe it's not the term as originally intended, but that's how I use it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah, I can understand the ease-of-use of the term, but I don't think this game shows any of the negative connotations of the usual modern-moe stuff, thankfully.

This looks closer to 80's / 90's girls-with-guns anime, rather than 2000s-ish "force how cute / blossoming beauty this girl is, AT EVERY POSSIBLE MOMENT!" style stuff we see now-a-days, and I'm pretty thankful for that!

Haunted

Il4Yo.jpg

Is this a sequel? I LOVED the first game. The best Mega Man clone with tight level design and challenge. Don't judge it by it's art because the games are quality.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well all done streaming! Sorry if I sucked quite a lot for those who watched. D: I think I'll definitely pick this up when I get paid.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Yeah, I can understand the ease-of-use of the term, but I don't think this game shows any of the negative connotations of the usual modern-moe stuff, thankfully.

It doesn't do itself any favors when the title implies a penis.

I propose a new tagline for this OT. "Now with 100% more penis!"

Esura

Banned
This game is rock hard fuck awesome. Got adorable bosses (sprite form), an adorable main character (sprite form), awesome Mega Man-ish/Touhou-ish/Deathsmiles-ish soundtrack, and just awesome and sexy artwork for the bosses and main character.

This is a game that feels specifically designed for me.

My legit interest in finding any sort of good Mega Man game to play has me actually considering this game.

Capcom, what have you done to me?!

KDR_11k

I think the game was new back when I bought it but that was a looooong time ago. I think I got it along with Bunny Must Die and Patch-Con. Biggest downfall of RKS is that the secondary weapons just aren't very useful, most of them are very awkward to use and that doesn't go along well with something that has limited ammo. As always the charge buster is the best weapon. Also IIRC the level design emphasizes spikes and such so weapons get even less use.

The Schwer-Muta stage is kinda funny though since it's full of videogame references and some trickery (the boss's weapon is a bomberman bomb including the cross explosion, absolutely useless to the player).

Dunan

Somewhere, a Square Enix marketing droid is gnashing his teeth at having a potential game title stolen from him.

http://kurotama.sakura.ne.jp/product/rks_freu/trial/rks_fs_trial_007a.zip
http://www.mof-mof.sakura.ne.jp/trial/rks_fs_trial_007a.zip (mirror)

Probably should've made this clearer in the OP, but yes there is a demo and yes you should play it.

I see nothing to really hate in the art... it's actually pretty well done. Megaman went through all his games fighitng a bunch of other men, with only 1 female mentioned until 9 games in the series... and the designs are not overly-sexual or pedo-creepy.
As far as these things go the designs are generally pretty decent, but there's one character that's inexcusably terrible. Anyone who's played the first game or has the full version'll know who I mean.

I was about to comment on how amusing this game's title is if you know German. Then I saw that one of the characters is named Strudel.

I came into this thread very confused. And then like you... I resigned to fact that this is anime german abuse

jman2050

As far as these things go the designs are generally pretty decent, but there's one character that's inexcusably terrible. Anyone who's played the first game or has the full version'll know who I mean.

Yeah I would say there's a definite... aim with some of the character designs in this game. Not gonna deny that at all one bit. Especially considering the one you're obviously talking about.

And yes this game's abuse of German is somehow funnier than anime's usual abuse of English.

029823kbdi0.jpg

So for anyone who has the game and wants more of a challenge, erka:es's latest diary entry will add a masochistic smile to your face. It includes a mod of sorts (aptly titled 'Sterblich') that gives you 1HP with no means of increasing it. Though apparently you get more checkpoints and 1UP drops as partial compensation.

Stick the .exe in the RKS:F folder and prepare to see the Game Over screen(s) a lot.

Top Bottom