• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

First co-op match I try to make a good move to impress....bounce off the wall and the same monster three times and hit nothing else...

sigh.

Ashodin

Haha the LINE group blew up. Was only at 13 when I went to sleep. Now in the 50s

IT'S SOOOOOOO FUN

First co-op match I try to make a good move to impress....bounce off the wall and the same monster three times and hit nothing else...

sigh.

exclusive footage

tripping-o.gif

What is everyone "re-rolling," exactly?

This is my first experience with this kind of game, so I would sincerely appreciate any general tips. What's "stamina"? And after the tutorial, how should I be spending most of my time? There are so many options!

I haven't played an iPhone game in years if you can't tell.

I don't get the fascination with re-rolling in these games. Is it cool to show off a super rare team early on, when to get it, you sat pulling the lever for hours throwing away results ? that's something to be proud of?

It's to guarantee you don't get hosed by the REM down the line. A lot of fluff is unusable in endgame so if you are a minmaxer then you want every advantage you can get without pouring money into the hatcher. If you don't care and just want to play though, then it's not important to start off with something amazing.

The current REM seems to be about where where Japan was in February/March. In that case a lot of stuff in Japan's present-day reroll list isn't even attainable. If you want to base keepability on what's actually available for us, Nanami, Merlin, Eclipse, and the Nobunagas are all keepable rather than not really mentioned.

We need a PadX type site for this game. I want to know what makes monsters good and more about how to play.

edit: karin dupe...

so Should I keep pulling?

What is everyone "re-rolling," exactly?

This is my first experience with this kind of game, so I would sincerely appreciate any general tips. What's "stamina"? And after the tutorial, how should I be spending most of my time? There are so many options!

I haven't played an iPhone game in years if you can't tell.

To add to this, should I be constantly fusing unremarkable monsters into my "main" monsters? And I should keep them consistent element types, right?

This game is confusing!

edit: Picking a "helper"? What?

Nah it's to save money down the road and/or make the starting game easier until you reach the harder sections

But its super easy.
At least, so far.

Granted I'm only rank 7 - but I suck! with a bit of thought something hard could become easy. What rank does it actually start being hard?

yeah some random questions

- Should I sell the "rich" monsters that say "sell for massive gold" without thought?
- Should I fuse the 999 guys that provide attack or speed or hp bonuses, even when the guy getting fused, is rank Max and the bumps in ability are so small?
- How to enhance the luck attribute?
- If I have an Exp monster, is it worth waiting till I can use him to fuse to the same colour monster?

Ashodin

- Should I sell the "rich" monsters that say "sell for massive gold" without thought?
- Should I fuse the 999 guys that provide attack or speed or hp bonuses, even when the guy getting fused, is rank Max and the bumps in ability are so small?
- How to enhance the luck attribute?
- If I have an Exp monster, is it worth waiting till I can use him to fuse to the same colour monster?

1) yes
2) yes, they extend stats past what you normally gain
3) fusing monsters of the same evolution (Arthur + Arthur), can be previous evolutions as well (I think)
4) Yes, generally. If you are running out of room, fuse with the one you want to use most (in Co-Op and such)

- Should I sell the "rich" monsters that say "sell for massive gold" without thought? yes they are only used to give you money
- Should I fuse the 999 guys that provide attack or speed or hp bonuses, even when the guy getting fused, is rank Max and the bumps in ability are so small? due to the feeding cost formula (it's in the google doc somewhere), it's better to stack like bonuses on each other before feeding to your main monster
- How to enhance the luck attribute? feed dupe monsters to each other. yes this even applies to REM exclusives
- If I have an Exp monster, is it worth waiting till I can use him to fuse to the same colour monster? yes

Also, if you fancy yourself a challenge try running that event dungeon at max difficulty.

yami4ct

I see Zeus has multiple evos on the JP wiki. I'm assuming all those aren't in the US game right now, right? If so, will it be worth waiting for them to update in before I evolve him?

Should I ever not be adding Friends? What do they even do? And when choosing my helper, should I gravitate those with the highest level? This game is bizarre, but fun.

minty_jpg

Have been playing all day, currently Rank 9. Event dungeons are f*cking OP.

Also, when I search for the Line group, nothing comes up.

john tv

I see Zeus has multiple evos on the JP wiki. I'm assuming all those aren't in the US game right now, right? If so, will it be worth waiting for them to update in before I evolve him?
Doesn't matter too much because you can change evo forms (if you have the mats + money, that is).

Hige

I've been rerolling a ton and my only 5 star pulls are Odin and Eclipse. I should've kept the saves as backups. :(

spacebear

Has anyone successful transferred their account? I'm trying to switch over to my iPad but Monster Strike force closes after accepting the permissions prompt in Google + :/

chrono01

Going slightly mad with the re-rolls, but I will not give up. Having done the same for Kirin in Puzzle & Dragons, I know how difficult obtaining certain Units can be. >_<

Corgi

Banned
Still trying to figure the mechanics out. And am facing the issue of too much stuff, too little space, too little money for fusing.

Got a ton of 4*'s from summoning, but im not familiar enough to know if any of these are any good, or will be good later.

Also not really sure whats the 'team building' aspect of this. As in I'm not really understanding what makes a 'good' team in terms of skill synergy and what not.

And what do yall mean by 'stacking' the stat fodder?

DMiz

Having way too much fun with this game, but I am noticing that I'm reaching a point where I'm starting to feel 'fatigued' - my team isn't clearing out stages easily at all, anymore, and I notice that I'm also not a big fan of the current crew. Similar to Puzzles and Dragons, it bugs me that the higher level guys are all humans as opposed to, well, monsters - but then again, rerolling sounds awfully appealing since it's so easy to restart.

Still trying to figure the mechanics out. And am facing the issue of too much stuff, too little space, too little money for fusing.

Got a ton of 4*'s from summoning, but im not familiar enough to know if any of these are any good, or will be good later.

Also not really sure whats the 'team building' aspect of this. As in I'm not really understanding what makes a 'good' team in terms of skill synergy and what not.

And what do yall mean by 'stacking' the stat fodder?

IMO a good core team consists of a monster with L lazer or larger, a monster with some kind of bomb combo, and one with Pierce. Adjust depending on the passive ability and the dungeon you have to deal with.

By stacking I mean feeding the stat fodder to themselves. The increased stat transfers over as long as it's of the same type (until it maxes out) so you can use this to conserve box space and feeding cost.

I just got Susanoo and Apollo X on the same file. Neither are on the tier list in the OP, but Apollo X is a B+ on the tier list on the last page. Is this worth keeping, or should I keep rerolling?

Svafnir

i was in a co-op game and had a rebound line when i was taking a shot. Any idea what caused this? I assume some hero combination.

yami4ct

Just realized I pulled a Hunter King as well during that 10-part pull. Thought he was a random 4-star trash. Harley X, Zeus and Hunter King. Guess I'm pretty stacked until the devs let the power creep get crazy.

Top Bottom