• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

This is one of the most confusing games I've ever played. I can barely tell why I'd even use one character over the other.

Just realized I pulled a Hunter King as well during that 10-part pull. Thought he was a random 4-star trash. Harley X, Zeus and Hunter King. Guess I'm pretty stacked until the devs let the power creep get crazy.

Wha?

yami4ct

Playing Co-Op nets you 5 orbs per new person up until you reach 50 orbs. 50 orbs is 10 pulls and there's even another button on the machine to do them all at once. Mine apparently was pretty ridiculous looking back at it. Four 5 star monsters, even if two were just trash Harleys.

So there's really no team cost or anything artificially team strength like in PAD, huh? Really lets someone pay to win if they want. Also see that the higher orb tiers are slightly cheaper than PAD. More opportunities to pay them money, less restrictions on how much you can pay to win and co-op gameplay. I can really see how this is right up there revenue wise.

Question to all: currently the REM looks like it's in a state that Japan was at around March. Should I modify the tier list to accomodate? It makes some previously not recommended monsters keepable and shuffles the tiering for other monsters around a little bit.

chrono01

Question to all: currently the REM looks like it's in a state that Japan was at around March. Should I modify the tier list to accomodate? It makes some previously not recommended monsters keepable and shuffles the tiering for other monsters around a little bit.
Sure, that'd be great. :)

yami4ct

I think you should have both up there. A lot of what would be newly "keepable" might go out of fashion real fast depending on how quickly they update the US version. Since we don't know what the typical roll-out will be, we can't really be sure how long the current meta will last.

That being said, expecting any sort of update schedule that gets us close to the asian version seems like I'm deluding myself, so that other list would probably be fine for a good while.

The "local" co-op requires people within a few feet of you, actually, so have fun with that.

that isn't what is out there on web pages.

"Supporting up to four players in a quest, Monster Strike is designed as a social experience with friends gathered together in the same space or within a few miles of the game host. Local play utilizes a smart device’s location-based features for game hosting. The game can also be played cooperatively online with arranged sessions via Facebook connections."
(from their press release https://finance.yahoo.com/news/monster-strike-comes-north-american-162100188.html )

Just realized I pulled a Hunter King as well during that 10-part pull. Thought he was a random 4-star trash. Harley X, Zeus and Hunter King. Guess I'm pretty stacked until the devs let the power creep get crazy.

I think you should have both up there. A lot of what would be newly "keepable" might go out of fashion real fast depending on how quickly they update the US version. Since we don't know what the typical roll-out will be, we can't really be sure how long the current meta will last.

That being said, expecting any sort of update schedule that gets us close to the asian version seems like I'm deluding myself, so that other list would probably be fine for a good while.

Can anyone fill me in as to what you guys are talking about? I'm incredibly confused.

that isn't what is out there on web pages.

"Supporting up to four players in a quest, Monster Strike is designed as a social experience with friends gathered together in the same space or within a few miles of the game host. Local play utilizes a smart device’s location-based features for game hosting. The game can also be played cooperatively online with arranged sessions via Facebook connections."
(from their press release https://finance.yahoo.com/news/monster-strike-comes-north-american-162100188.html )

Pretty sure it wasn't like this in the JP version when I tried it. Must have changed it at some point.

yami4ct

Can anyone fill me in as to what you guys are talking about? I'm incredibly confused.

A lot of people "re-roll" their accounts so they can get another free shot at the payed egg machine. The reason they do this is because some of the more powerful monsters translate much more easily to the more difficult late game content. That allows those users to spend less money on the game overall. This process typically involves having an application that lets you look into your phone's file system and delete the file that contains your account "data10.bin".

The tier list that Cosmo is talking about shows the current rare monsters that are good enough to tackle later content. It lets people know what to shoot for. The ones he put up already, though, are ones from the current Japanese game which is far ahead of us (we're at the state they were in March), meaning some monsters on it aren't even available. I also assume there have been more difficult event dungeons introduced, knocking down some of the more borderline monsters into territory to maybe avoid.

Alex

Do I have to use the Line, Facebook or Whatsapp options for co-op? I was hoping it'd just let me use the friends list built into it.

Pretty sure it wasn't like this in the JP version when I tried it. Must have changed it at some point.

The Japan FAQ refers to bluetooth permissions, and that might still be an option for super local.

however there is no point using IOS location services and GPS - and it does - only to restrict the match making to those in bluetooth range.

Hopefully ...

yami4ct

The Japan FAQ refers to bluetooth permissions, and that might still be an option for super local.

however there is no point using IOS location services and GPS - and it does - only to restrict the match making to those in bluetooth range.

Hopefully ...

But if they restrict internet matchmaking to within a few miles of you, that's also pretty dumb. I really wish this game had some sort of built-in online matchmaking. The GAF Line community basically solves that issue, but I doubt it'll be super packed all the time.

Do I have to use the Line, Facebook or Whatsapp options for co-op? I was hoping it'd just let me use the friends list built into it.

It's not required, but it does make things easier because the game lets you directly post invite codes into them as opposed to copy/pasting. Invite codes seem to be unique per user though so maybe somebody can work out a LFG website in the near future.

So to re-roll quickly, I just have to delete the data10.bin file? Does this work on a non-rooted Android phone? I have a file manager, but I cannot seem to find the Monster Strike folder. I assume this deletes my file but keeps the updates downloaded, right?

Draxal

Rerolled until I got a 1 clover Zeus and used some stat buffs on him, with the first 50 roll bonus (coop gets you this so fast). I got a 5 clover Arthur, should I focus on her or Zeus?

A lot of people "re-roll" their accounts so they can get another free shot at the payed egg machine. The reason they do this is because some of the more powerful monsters translate much more easily to the more difficult late game content. That allows those users to spend less money on the game overall. This process typically involves having an application that lets you look into your phone's file system and delete the file that contains your account "data10.bin".

The tier list that Cosmo is talking about shows the current rare monsters that are good enough to tackle later content. It lets people know what to shoot for. The ones he put up already, though, are ones from the current Japanese game which is far ahead of us (we're at the state they were in March), meaning some monsters on it aren't even available. I also assume there have been more difficult event dungeons introduced, knocking down some of the more borderline monsters into territory to maybe avoid.

Thanks! Is it something I actually need to worry about, or should I just play the game?

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Likewise, pasting from other thread:

JEALOUS. I've been trying to get her in the JP version for like 8 months. SUPER popular character who is VERY powerful when evolved. Congrats!
Thanks! Just got Oda Nobunaga and Valkyrie. I think I got pretty lucky today.

Is there a reason for only allowing 32 friends?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
No one is playing the second mission near me and I keep getting the same 3 people :(
I want my free rolls yo!

What does it mean if someone has an icon but is grey while 'Seeking Strikers'?

chrono01

Oh, to those re-rolling like I am, if you get an "okay" set of draws you can save the data10.bin file to your PC and save it here after you delete it form the game. If you ever want to go back to it, simply replace it with your current data10.bin file in the directory.

I'm trying for Zeus/Arthur/Harley X, but I do have an Odin/Hunter King backup waiting in case I give up.

chrono01

I'm still really enjoying Terra Battle, but the number of games on my iPhone is getting a bit insane.

Puzzle & Dragons
Brave Frontier
School Idol Festival
Terra Battle

And now Monster Strike. Goodbye, free-time...

tm24

Decided to reroll after finding out Apollo was shit tier. First try got Zeus. All is well. Now to rebuild my friend list. Code is 370180693011

unrealist

Sorry for the rather noobish question, how do I reroll on iOS? Is it the first egg you get after the tutorial that everyone is rerolling at?

chrono01

Sorry for the rather noobish question, how do I reroll on iOS? Is it the first egg you get after the tutorial that everyone is rerolling at?

It's the second one, after your choose a map when the tutorial is finished [you can "Give Up", you don't need to finish that one].

As for re-rolling, I use iFunBox and delete the data10.bin file in the Monster Strike directory. It's free to download, and is a stand-alone program.

tm24

You reroll after the tutorial and you get the second roll. So you get 2 shots. And if you're jailbroken on ios, you use a file explorer to find the data10.bin in the application folder and delete that to quickly restart. If not, delete and redownload the app

Uthred

Finally got an Arthur, that'll do, probably wouldnt have bothered if I'd realised you get enough for 10 rolls so quickly with co-op

wilflare

anyone got a guide/tips and tricks for a total noob?
I get the gameplay mechanics but everything else (level up, rerolls) - I have no idea what I'm doing

JoeFu

Banned
I'm still really enjoying Terra Battle, but the number of games on my iPhone is getting a bit insane.

Puzzle & Dragons
Brave Frontier
School Idol Festival
Terra Battle

And now Monster Strike. Goodbye, free-time...

aww yeah best game lol

LLSIF(EN and JP) and this game means RIP my phones battery :(

unrealist

I got a Arthur on the first reroll .. first time ever so lucky in a game..

My ID is 350, 359, 745, 714 .. if any wishes to add me!

Top Bottom