• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Rest of the PS Exclusive Destiny Content coming to Xbox in October

HonMirin

This is tragically funny. It's like "hey folks! Finally you can have a go on the stuff that PS owners have had for like, over a year! BTW buy Destiny 2, out last month!"

This is the dark timeline. Indeed, it is.

I don't even play on consoles, but this is some gross shit right here. Fuck Bungie and Sony on this type of stuff.

As you're not playing on consoles, if you decide to play Destiny 2 you will also be getting screwed as the PC version will have the same delayed exclusive content as the Xbox version of the game.

And you're getting the game itself 1.5 months late!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
wkEU61j.gif
I had the same damn response haha

LNBL

"We would never hold back game performance on a platform to appease a partner"

Lmao this statement gets more hypocrite with the minute. No you dont hold back performance, but content.

Not Drake

I guess it's great for Xbox peeps who will stay with Destiny when the sequel drops.
Anyone?

Disgusting period for an exclusive content.

I mean, when MS did it, it was for like a month or something.

Not two years.

afaik microsoft never had exclusive content last a year let alone 2 years

FIFA 18 is the first time Playstation gets FUT Legends content. It started in FIFA 14 I think, so try 4 years if you really want to bring MS into exclusive content argument. Protip: you shouldn't.

Xbox was suppose to get it earlier but when Destiny 2 got delayed they extended the exclusivity deal with Playstation for another year.
Man, not only did they extend the bullshit for another year, the date never mattered. It was just about keeping it exclusive until d2 was out.

And holy shit Destiny 2 would have been out a year ago? Can't even imagine how sparse the new additions would be if that happened.

Tecnniqe

Banned
As you're not playing on consoles, if you decide to play Destiny 2 you will also be getting screwed as the PC version will have the same delayed exclusive content as the Xbox version of the game.

And you're getting the game itself 1.5 months late!
Uncapped framerate
4K resolution support
Mouse and Keyboard support
Controller support
Custom key mapping
Text chat
Adjustable field of view
21:9 monitor support

Is the best exclusive only for just over a month of wait. Still, fuck em for this exclusive shit, it's getting really old.

Exclusive content is a disgusting industry trend that benefits nobody but the company making the deal. It wasn't good last gen and it's no better now.

Looking forward to the day this practice dies out.

These exclusivity deals are becoming completely ridiculous. Ending exclusivity after the sequel comes out is weapons-grade trolling by Activision, Bungie and Sony.

Tomb Raider 2 was exclusive to psx because Sony paid for a deal back in the 90's so that Saturn and Nintendo 64 didn't get Tomb Raider (only the first one was on Saturn).
Yea I know. So you agree both Sony and Xbox be on that bullshit if you have any kind of memory.

Jerm411

I hate this fucking tug of war bullshit when it comes to content that actually matters....

Hyped as hell for D2 and would rather play it on my XBox (more players for me to play with, like the controller better for shooters, etc.) but I know I'll be missing out on content I'll want so it's pushing me towards playing it on the Pro.

It shouldn't be like that IMO....no matter if it's Sony, MS, Nintendo or whoever.

I have a PS4 and this kind of practice is terrible. Completely hate it.

It doesn't matter what system you have, it literally isn't good for anyone. Playstation owners can't access that content in end game activities because of console parity, like how Dust Palace wasn't a Nightfall strike or Exodus Blue wasn't a Trials map, or Hawkmoon wasn't sold by Xur.

Nobody should be on board with this.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It doesn't matter what system you have, it literally isn't good for anyone. Playstation owners can't access that content in end game activities because of console parity, like how Dust Palace wasn't a Nightfall strike or Exodus Blue wasn't a Trials map, or Hawkmoon wasn't sold by Xur.

Nobody should be on board with this.
It's good for Sony Corp cause they sell more PS4 copies 🍆

Well, Rise of Tomb Raider at least released on a different console, TR 2 and 3 never did on Saturn and N64 so is hardly the same.
Fuck that. It's bad from both of them fullstop. That's my point. I was originally responding to the poster who never seen Xbox hold content for more then a few months.

shingi70

Banned
Having this stuff exclusive for a year also hurt PS4 players since none of that exclusive content can be sold by vendors, show up in Trials or Banner, and can't be used in the weeklies and dailes.

I feel sorry for anyone that bought this game on xbone. (Myself included, and I even got the version with the most useless season pass ever).

FZW

No way im giving my money to Bungie/Activision at this point. Also fuck Sony for being a part of this.

Top Bottom