• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SE practically guaranteed to localize Bravely Default after 1000 signature petition!!

Drago

lol at the thread title change

I hope it comes overseas but I'm not expecting anything. If it does come over, I'll consider it a welcome surprise.

I think we should move this petition over to Whitehouse.gov, to make sure it gets a little heft behind it.

"Obama, we petition you to use your position as commander-and-chief of the Army to force Square Enix USA into localizing Bravely Default under gunpoint."

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
This incredible art seems wasted on such shitty videogame visuals. Even if the game is fun... kind of a huge waste of the art.

Equinox

Neo Member
This thread title is facepalm fuel.

Meanwhile, Operation Suzaku has over 11,000 signatures for TYPE-0 and still no word of localisation.

zeopower6

This thread title is facepalm fuel.

Meanwhile, Operation Suzaku has over 11,000 signatures for TYPE-0 and still no word of localisation.

Well, didn't they mention that it was in the process of localization ages ago in some book? I'm guessing it hasn't been released because unlike how the PSP is still thriving in Japan, it's been dead here for a while?

Anyway, petitions are pretty lame and don't really work at such low numbers.

The title change got me into this thread. :lol

Art looks really good, as do those amazing summons/attacks/whatever. That jet liner, holy crap. A pity there's basically no chance it'll get brought over.

Ravidrath

"Obama, we petition you to use your position as commander-and-chief of the Army to force Square Enix USA into localizing Bravely Default under gunpoint."

I think forcing this "at gunpoint" might send the wrong message, in this post-Sandy Hook / videogames under attack sort of era.

They'll only respond if we get 100k signatures, though. :\

Aeana

This incredible art seems wasted on such shitty videogame visuals. Even if the game is fun... kind of a huge waste of the art.
Which art?

bravely-default-ff-tgs-2012.jpg

This image is how the area looks in game. Straight up. It's so fantastic if you turn 3D on and get the layers, too. It's such a cool effect to have backgrounds that look like 2D hand drawn images, but they're actually 3D.

Stark

Banned
Which art?

bravely-default-ff-tgs-2012.jpg

This image is how the area looks in game. Straight up. It's so fantastic if you turn 3D on and get the layers, too. It's such a cool effect to have backgrounds that look like 2D hand drawn images, but they're actually 3D.

Damn. I did not know that.

nasos_333

Damn. I did not know that.

Indeed, i was like that too

When i realized the maps actually zoom out in spots ( and when you are idle i think) and are the exact art pics posted, i was blown away

If you add the 3D effect and 3D mapping of stages, i think this will be one of the most unique experiences i have had in gaming

Also that makes me wonder where the comparissons to 4 heroes of light come from

Coxy

just for persepctive this is about 1/8th as many signatures as for sonic all stars racing transformed DLC

you'd probably want at least 100k

nasos_333

just for persepctive this is about 1/8th as many signatures as for sonic all stars racing transformed DLC

you'd probably want at least 100k

Sure, but the expected sales of Sonic would be far less than for an epic masterpiece like Bravely Default

Which is also a 70 hour behemoth from what i read

Also this is a unique game, with unique art that cant be found anywhere else, while Sonic is a similar more of the same game for like 20 years now

I dont think there is a comparisson there

Haha, 1,000 signatures.

That said, SE if you're reading this, I want this game very badly and will buy it day one, and will also convince my two 3ds owning coworkers to do the same.

Does anyone know how the game's plot is? From an FFXIII to Xenogears scale, where does it fall?

Also, WTF are they holding back for exactly? Holding up Type-0's US release I sorta understand since Vita's not exactly the best performing platform in the west at the moment. I just don't get it with Bravely Default though. What, does it need to have Lightning shoved in it and be renamed to Toriyama's Waifu DDD for it to freaking see light of day?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The biggest issue with Bravely Default is its overemphasis of wind chimes throughout the soundtrack. Revo uses them in a majority of the tunes throughout the game. Bloody ridiculous.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really want this game, and I'm not even a big JRPG fan.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Do we know why Square passed on a bunch of DS games last gen but virtually everything for PSP was localized? Was it the cartridge vs. UMD costs? I've made my peace with Bravely Default never being localized, but I was going to apply the reasoning that Square never touches things that only do Atlus/XSEED numbers until I remembered that awesome streak of PSP games in 2011.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Do we know why Square passed on a bunch of DS games last gen but virtually everything for PSP was localized? Was it the cartridge vs. UMD costs? I've made my peace with Bravely Default never being localized, but I was going to apply the reasoning that Square never touches things that only do Atlus/XSEED numbers until I remembered that awesome streak of PSP games in 2011.

They only had high profile games for the PSP. They had many more games for the DS but some of those were rather obscure (Nameless Game 1 and 2) or hard to localise (Sigma Harmonics with many of its interface and art designed for Japanese script) or just not very good (Blood of Bahamut).

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Some of the PSP games were from a contract made with Sony.

Zeal

Banned
Someone please ask them where the fuck Versus is. Hold their feet to the fire and never let it go. Secondly, let them know everyone will never give up hope for a true Chrono series sequel.

The greatest game Square has ever made. No debate.

nasos_333

Someone please ask them where the fuck Versus is. Hold their feet to the fire and never let it go. Secondly, let them know everyone will never give up hope for a true Chrono series sequel.

The greatest game Square has ever made. No debate.

I suppose it is still in the making and at some point will arrive, maybe for PS4

But Bravely Default is different case, we know that is not coming to US/Europe nor it is confirmed

Soriku

The biggest issue with Bravely Default is its overemphasis of wind chimes throughout the soundtrack. Revo uses them in a majority of the tunes throughout the game. Bloody ridiculous.

BD's soundtrack is excellent.

Does anyone know how the game's plot is? From an FFXIII to Xenogears scale, where does it fall?

Also, WTF are they holding back for exactly? Holding up Type-0's US release I sorta understand since Vita's not exactly the best performing platform in the west at the moment. I just don't get it with Bravely Default though. What, does it need to have Lightning shoved in it and be renamed to Toriyama's Waifu DDD for it to freaking see light of day?

The story's written by the Steins;Gate writer so it should be good.

As for the second part, we don't know if anything is holding them back at all. I mean it only came out a few months ago. Soul Hackers took like 5-6 months to confirm. PxZ was confirmed faster though. Still, with the producer already interested in localizing it, the game's success, and that a lot of people are noticeably interested (the top most asked for game along with Type-0 in the SE Members 2013 games thread), I'm not very worried about its localization. Type-0 is a different case entirely.

I'm sure she's happy to sign the petition, and really in life, what's more helpful than that?

The cynic in me says it won't help, so now I'm twice is depressed after having something I'll never get waved in my face. The optimist in me says it will help, but she's not making the wait any easier. Either way, this sense of uncertainty is not fun.

Top Bottom