• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Bigg_Oggy

Anyone wanna play?
Do you guys do PS4 lobbies? It's been awhile since I last played, would be cool to play and such.
Since the game is crossplay, that may not be a concern. I haven't seen anyone specifically request for one or the other (considering that there is a pc mod that makes loading faster).

Edzi

Are you a scrub or are you decent? I'm down to fight gaffers but it feels like everyone in this fucking thread is way better than I am.

You have to define scrub, I'm platinum and still consider myself pretty terrible compared to most people in this thread.

I'm about to spend thirty dollars on some fucking costumes.
You need Jesus in your life.
To be fair, i've gotten every battle costume for the DLC chars thanks to just buying the character passes. It is still shit that the OG 16 got shafted from such a bundle until way later. I'll wait until its 15.
This might have been more acceptable had it included at least the vanilla roster+S1 battle costumes and all colors from 1-15. Thirty dollars is way too much to swallow.
AKA why Makoto doesn't need to be in SFV, she wouldn't bring much to the table in a game where everyone have you in danger of being stun after one confirm.
You could make the same argument about Alex and sadly it'd be right. Everyone in SFV is a stun monster.
Are you a scrub or are you decent? I'm down to fight gaffers but it feels like everyone in this fucking thread is way better than I am.
If you ever want to fight a mediocre Alex or Karin I'm your boy. The GAF OT definitely has a lot of monsters roaming around.

You have to define scrub, I'm platinum and still consider myself pretty terrible compared to most people in this thread.

njKEQ.gif

Xeteh

I'm the biggest SFV Gaf scrub

I'm okay? Not quite scrub, but still doing enough dumb shit to not be considered great or good.

I'm decent bearly a silver but I manage.

I feel like I'm forever Bronze. I'm good enough to understand the basics and I stop spamming shit but I still make mistakes.

Numb

I feel like I'm forever Bronze. I'm good enough to understand the basics and I stop spamming shit but I still make mistakes.

I'd play you and see who is the bigger scrub
Unless you play Ibooki. I don't associate with their kind

Maybe, but thats good! You want to play people who are better than you so you can learn.

Scrubs are Diamond+ players. We haven't even made it to scrub tier yet Kappa

kofvscapcom

Neo Member
lol There was a breakdown of the numbers and if you're gold/super gold you're already in the top 10%. Though the numbers are 3 months old and there's probably more platinums now. But the point being, it's ridiculously bottom heavy(a lot of them are likely people who played ranked once, got wrecked and never played ranked again)

As for the game models I do much prefer this platform style over the paid update every 2 years. Yeah, they can hold costumes hostage at a high price point but if no one buys it then capcom paid their employees to make it for nothing and they're losing out on those dollas too. So I do think there'll be some huge costume sale eventually, they should do it like once a year or something.

I'm on a HOTS binge lately and the cosmetics model in that game is really getting me. But Capcom is not Blizzard, and there's no way they can output enough quality skins/costumes to have some kind of loot box system. The playerbase size difference is also probably too big for that kind of system to work. But c'mon Capcom, at least give us some different win poses/intros or something for each character. And this'll never happen but it'd be cool to have custom intros for matchups like injustice/cvs2 or even character specific stage transitions.

Top Bottom