• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerranMG

So, with the leak of the 360 version, can we confirm now that it runs well enough and that it's a safe buy.
Not that I have that many doubts about it, but just to be sure. :p

spats

I got randomly kicked from Gaming Age Family (thanks for that) and then the automatic preload of the game from PSN didn't start last night even though it was supposed to. My near-launch experience hasn't gone very smoothly so far. This is all going to end in disaster. :,,,,,,,, ((((((((

Gaz_RB

So, with the leak of the 360 version, can we confirm now that it runs well enough and that it's a safe buy.

It runs amazingly. No framerate drops in anything I saw, game looks beautiful. Great draw distance, lighting, everything. Both systems.
It lives up to its promises, trust me.

Guys, I'm torn between versions:

I've got PS3 ordered as I want to start using PS3 as main console as PS4 will be my main next gen.

But, if I ever do actually play GTA Online, most of my friends will probably get 360 version.

Undead

I feel dirty, my self control was non existent and I watched a couple of the leaks, nothing spoilery(just player movements really) and although I'm glad I did watch them because it put my mind at ease I still feel dirty and ashamed.

Still, not long to go now

The wait is a fucking nightmare

Nugg

It seems that they're sending the 360 version to reviewers. I guess that show some confidence at the very least

It runs amazingly. No framerate drops in anything I saw, game looks beautiful. Great draw distance, lighting, everything. Both systems.
It lives up to its promises, trust me.

Am I allowed to say is that for the ps3 version too, or is that considered a spoiler?

If it is I will edit it out.

Zukuu

Banned
Guys, I'm torn between versions:

I've got PS3 ordered as I want to start using PS3 as main console as PS4 will be my main next gen.

But, if I ever do actually play GTA Online, most of my friends will probably get 360 version.

Then make new ones on PS3! Better separate soon. :p I doubt all of them are on xbl tho.

Also, who needs friends? YOU HAVE GTA V by then.

lem0n

I feel dirty, my self control was non existent and I watched a couple of the leaks, nothing spoilery(just player movements really) and although I'm glad I did watch them because it put my mind at ease I still feel dirty and ashamed.

Don't feel bad. Just don't make the same mistake twice, and go back. The game is officially out on the internet, so prepare for even bigger spoilers (story related)there.

Zukuu

Banned

Take a shower. QUICK.

waypoetic

Banned
Man, you guys work quick.

Anyway, the hype is getting bad. I have tomorrow off and I already want the weekend to be over. It's actually my 21at birthday next week, so I'm calling GTA V a gift.

I hope there are lots of housing options. I want a place in Vinewood or by the beach. Or both.

Dude, my birthday is the 17th, GTA 5 is a gift from Rockstar to me.

Fjordson

Will this game have hills and varied terrain? I remember playing Vice City and realizing just how flat and small the entire map was compared to Liberty City in GTA3.
Don't want to spoil anything, but in a single word: yes. In two words: fuck yes. Hills is an understatement.

Balls. Free aim it is then (assuming its not a frustrating experience)
GTA V could have difficulty levels I guess, I don't know for sure, but if the past four GTA's and Red Dead are anything to go by it'll just be the aiming options.

After watching a bunch of gameplay today, the combat looks great to me. Will start on free aim for sure.

No idea. I thought it would've started last night. Like, when they said it was supposed to.

This is why I am thinking about not going with the PSN version.

I would rather walk down the road at night at get a copy at midnight rather then risk dealing with the EU PSN monkey and be waiting until sometime randomly tuesday.

spats

I would rather walk down the road at night at get a copy at midnight rather then risk dealing with the EU PSN monkey and be waiting until sometime randomly tuesday.

Yeah. I did the preorder last night because I cracked under the hype and I'm already severely regretting it. God damn you SCEE. You incompetent simians.

I feel like I just had sex and was sexually bondaged at the same time while watching the Spoiler thread with the PS3 footage. While the sex was great, the bruises are something that I have to live with until Tuesday. I feel weak now.

Squire

Banned
I feel like I just had sex and was sexually bondaged at the same time while watching the Spoiler thread with the PS3 footage. While the sex was great, the bruises are something that I have to live with until Tuesday. I feel weak now.

So... It looks pretty good?

geeko

Dude, my birthday is the 17th, GTA 5 is a gift from Rockstar to me.

Birthdays galore. my 30th birthday is the 20th. I took fri, sat and sunday off. I have a family party on friday, a freind party on saturday and all I want to do Is play GTA for 3 days straight!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Soon we shall all be together in GTA5 paradise.

preach-o.gif

Birthdays galore.

Yup. Mine is on Sunday. XD

Not really. The aiming options are the closest thing. Whether you want hard lock on, soft lock, or free aim.

Has Rockstar mentioned how this will work in GTA Online? I loved the challenge (and finesse) that free aiming required in RDR's open world, but hated that I often ran into people using the full lock on. It felt like being the one legit player in a game full of aimbots. Hoping some sort of "free aim only" game flag makes an appearance, like they eventually added to RDR.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Has Rockstar mentioned how this will work in GTA Online? I loved the challenge (and finesse) that free aiming required in RDR's open world, but hated that I often ran into people using the full lock on. It felt like being the one legit player in a game full of aimbots. Hoping some sort of "free aim only" game flag makes an appearance, like they eventually added to RDR.

No idea how they'll approach this. On MP3 the two aim modes (Soft Lock and Free Aim) had seperate servers and it turned out to be the death knell for the multiplayer. It split the user base so that, in the long run, Free Aim didn't do well out of it at all.

No idea. I thought it would've started last night. Like, when they said it was supposed to.

Yeah. I did the preorder last night because I cracked under the hype and I'm already severely regretting it. God damn you SCEE. You incompetent simians.
Ok thanks guys. Hopefully it will be avaliable soon.

Fjordson

Not sure really. Might be some free aim only lobbies, I dunno. I kinda think they should just drop all the lock on stuff for multiplayer, but they seem to be pretty committed to the different aiming methods.

waypoetic

Banned

HA! Same here. That was the thing that made me stop playing online RDR..

So I may be able to get a copy today. Now the question is PS3 or 360? I'm going to write down my console situation so that I can get my ideas in order, and to get a bit of feedback.

PS3: Launch 60GB model, 14GB free, almost assured dust build-up
360: Slim 250GB, >200GB free, good condition

From a "I hope the console doesn't crap out on me" point of view I'm inclined for the 360 version, but of course there's the risk it may very well be the GTA IV PS3 of GTA V. Well, at least it's the good kind of problem.

So I may be able to get a copy today. Now the question is PS3 or 360? I'm going to write down my console situation so that I can get my ideas in order, and to get a bit of feedback.

From a "I hope the console doesn't crap out on me" point of view I'm inclined for the 360 version, but of course there's the risk it may very well be the GTA IV PS3 of GTA V. Well, at least it's the good kind of problem.

If you have Xbox Live just go with the 360 version. It is your safest bet.

I have a PS3 (2008/2009) model with 80GB and a Phat 360 with HDMI from 2008.

There is no safest bet if you were in my shoes.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
What's funny is that I wasn't following the game with major anticipation (on purpose) and it's now SUDDENLY UPON MY ASS.

Oh my gawd, 3 days?!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure really. Might be some free aim only lobbies, I dunno. I kinda think they should just drop all the lock on stuff for multiplayer, but they seem to be pretty committed to the different aiming methods.

It particularly did my head in with MP3. I'm pretty sure half of the skill in shooting something is in the aiming, and they go and put in a mode that takes that away. With the right gun you can shoot people halfway across the map with your eyes closed.... literally. Since the majority of players use soft-lock, it became necessary in the later days to venture in there, just to have people to play with...

The real spit-on-your-neck, kick-you-in-the-crotch moment comes when you have to listen to people who play soft-lock bragging about how badass they are running around with a one-shot kill sawn-off shotgun in full armour... Try that shit in Free Aim. I dare you.

Who's bitter? Me? Nah, man.... Naaaah.... :p

Reckoner

In your situation I would not think too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom