• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas man admits to stealing $1.2 million worth of fajitas over the last 9 years

How did it take 9 years for them to notice this was happening?
My god, like yeah he was stealing but of all the people that deserve to be fired for this he's like probably number 5 on the list.

This is why when we audit companies and people in power be we take a day off we get suspicious.

But like for real you take a day off for a doctors' appointment and you don't schedule it for a day where you aren't scheduled to steal fucking 30$ grand worth of fajitas?? lol

Like did it become so normal he forgot he was pulling a heist 2 times a month? Amazing.

It may have just been the first time someone else taking the delivery cared enough to ask questions. I doubt this is the first delivery he has missed in 9 years, especially if he realized how little anyone else seemed to care about the excess money.

jstripes

Banned
I was saddened to discover that when you see Fajitas sizzling as the waiter walked them past you, that it's actually just water sizzling, that they add at the last second to the cast iron, to make it sizzle for purely aesthetic reasons.

"The Fajita Effect." It's a light oil, not water, from what I've been told. Restaurants do this because when they walk that tray through the room it's likely two or three more tables will then order it.

I was saddened to discover that when you see Fajitas sizzling as the waiter walked them past you, that it's actually just water sizzling, that they add at the last second to the cast iron, to make it sizzle for purely aesthetic reasons.

It's sizzle sauce! I've heard it's soy sauce sometimes. Guess it depends on the chef. Maybe some sort of oil so you get the sound and smell effect.

SRG01

"The Fajita Effect." It's a light oil, not water, from what I've been told. Restaurants do this because when they walk that tray through the room it's likely two or three more tables will then order it.

They also did this in older HK restaurants too.

rjinaz

But like for real you take a day off for a doctors' appointment and you don't schedule it for a day where you aren't scheduled to steal fucking 30$ grand worth of fajitas?? lol

Like did it become so normal he forgot he was pulling a heist 2 times a month? Amazing.

Probably more likely some kind of a break in the routine happened. Like the call came in a day early or somebody new was handling deliveries and didn't know the day the thief preferred

The Kree

Banned
I just did the math and that's roughly 600 million tons of fajitas. You could produce enough fart thrust to reach Mars in 12 years with that many fajitas. You could also line that many fajitas up side by side and they would wrap around the moon 57 times.

Syriel

MY LIFE HAS ALL BEEN A LIE!!!!

:-(

ISOM

How many years is he looking at here cause goddamn that is a shitty way to spend time in jail, for fajitas.

nampad

Someone in the audit/finance/accounting chain should have dug into the higher costs and been able to tie them back at some point. Either he was a master at hiding the costs, or everyone in the chain just didn't do their jobs. Maybe both!

The auditor probably didn't get any time to do his job.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meh I was hoping to be wow'd by the guy eating that much and living but he just sold them.

Yeah, this is just garden variety embezzlement that's a bit funnier because he's stealing prison fajitas.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The auditor probably didn't get any time to do his job.
Yep. Classic attempt to save time but just signing off on some "minor stuff". You mean to go back to it or check the next one thoroughly but once a habit forms it's hard to change without overhead guidance.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
When he broke a mil he should have left the country

KillLaCam

Banned
That actually amazing. Fajitas arent THAT good lmao. I'm my gonna be ordering fajitas from a sketchy delivery guy like that

Slayven

Resturant supplies can be some sketchy as hell shit, folks always trying to cut costs, and some don't care what comes in through the back door

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Not surprised, this kind of fraud is more common then you'd think.. people just don't look over stuff because they trust someone else has already.

Considering it was fajitas he was probably sending it to mom and pop type places who were just happy to get a deal and didn't ask questions.

Hobbles

That actually amazing. Fajitas arent THAT good lmao. I'm my gonna be ordering fajitas from a sketchy delivery guy like that

Well, fajitas were invented in the RGV. They easily make up like 50% of menu choices down there. You haven't had goo fajitas until you've had them down on the Texas-Mexico border.

tr4nce 26

Banned

It was real to me! You have gone and ruined it.

Satan has a special seat for him in Hell.

tumblr_m24wdffmDF1r72ht7o1_500.gif

You ruined the illusion for me for eternity dammit.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I just did the math and that's roughly 600 million tons of fajitas. You could produce enough fart thrust to reach Mars in 12 years with that many fajitas. You could also line that many fajitas up side by side and they would wrap around the moon 57 times.

0.2 cents per ton is a pretty good deal.

When he broke a mil he should have left the country

Yeah that's now how human behaivor works.

Ironically he had to go see a doctor that day because he had way too many fajitas and they gave him a belly ache: Live by the sword die by the sword I guess!

also "Why can't you trust fajitas? ....Because they tend to spill the beans."

stole it from the article's comment section!

Top Bottom