• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads | July 2017

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Infinite Minigolf is out today on the Shop! $14.99

I hope it's as good as Kirby's Dream Course, the only other minigolf game I've ever enjoyed.

TheMoon

dat random ass Devilish Brain Training eShop drop today ...wtf NOE :D

fuck mynintendonews and their incompetence

Experien

Ah, okay, I see the confusion. I had ordered them for shipping many times before, and this time I was getting store pick-up anyway, so I wasn't considering that they weren't available for ship now. (Dunno if they were at the beginning of the day.) Anyway, sorry about that.

No worries. I am sure there was some at the beginning. I did double think about doing it but been busy lately that I am not too worried about it. Plus, I need to stop buying Switch games.

Robin64

Good ol' Nintendo.

WdD13uk.png

scamander

Banned
dat random ass Devilish Brain Training eShop drop today ...wtf NOE :D

Wait, what? It's not available, at least not on the German eShop.

And does anyone know what happened to the Prof. Layton film they released on the eShop? I can't find it anymore.

TheMoon

Wait, what? It's not available, at least not on the German eShop.

looool fucking mynintendonews ... did not double check and of course they just happen to have gotten the PR for it early (and it says "launches today") ...ffs. this god damn website.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yup, bloody stupid if it releases everywhere else today but not Switch.

I have NEVER seen a Tuesday eShop release. They're always Thursdays or Fridays for Nintendo First Party games. That's why I was surprised to see it listed as out today on Nintendo.com. Surely, they'll wait and release it on Thursday with the rest of the eShop, or just hold it back another week since they already have Overcooked coming this week.

Robin64

I have NEVER seen a Tuesday eShop release. They're always Thursdays or Fridays for Nintendo First Party games. That's why I was surprised to see it listed as out today on Nintendo.com. Surely, they'll wait and release it on Thursday with the rest of the eShop, or just hold it back another week since they already have Overcooked coming this week.

Developers can release a game on any day they want. There have been others in the past, but you generally never got a spotlight about it.

Robin64

Really?! I've never noticed that happen on WiiU/3DS.

It usually happens when a game is coming out on all platforms at the same time, when the Nintendo version isn't some late port as usually happens.

The most recent one I can think of was Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, which came out on Tuesday April 18th on Switch to match the other platforms.

Experien

eShop has in the past updated on a Tuesday with the one game to match its retail release. They will put it in the Thursday before newsletter and state it is available Tuesday.

chronomac

It doesn't happen often but in the last couple months we've seen it a few times on Switch:

Cave Story (June 20)
Cars 3 (June 13)
Astro Duel Deluxe (May 30)
Disgaea 5 (May 23)
NBA Playgrounds (May 9)

I think it's smart, really. It gives you a couple days separation from the rest of the pack.

Robin64

Switch eShop and News Channel better allow for update on days other than the Thursday, too.

On Wii U, Nintendo would have to put together a new version of the front page for the eShop, so if you released before then, people wouldn't know unless they searched. Now on Switch, you can get a post in the News section, and you appear right there at the top of the default eShop page, Recent Releases.

jariw

I've read several reports of handheld overcooked dropping frames and being sub 30fps regularly :/

Haven't played it tabletop (I can't see how single player handheld would be the preferred way to play this game) yet, but docked seemed good for the first couple of levels in the campaign at least.

Robin64

Interesting that Overcooked can go up at the right time, outside of the usual update period, and yet Infinite Minigolf is now two days late with nobody knowing why.

Shiggy

https://twitter.com/korruptor/status/890499432403394560

Lumo coming to Switch

Coming today:
Overcooked: Special Edition (EUR19.99)
Physical Contact: SPEED (EUR4.99)
Qbics Paint (EUR4.99)
ACA NEOGEO SUPER SIDEKICKS (EUR6.99)
Kid Tripp (EUR3.99)
GALAXY BLASTER (EUR1.49)
SWIPE (EUR1.49)

Coming tomorrow:
Miitopia (EUR39.99)
Dr Kawashima's Devilish Brain Training (EUR29.99)
Hey! Pikmin (EUR39.99)
Namco Museum (EUR29.99)
NAMCO MUSEUM (PAC- MAN VS/ Free Multiplayer-only version)
Ultra Hyperball (EUR9.99)

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- Miitopia – Since the dawn of ever, warriors have banded together to fight evil. Now … Mii characters based on your favorite people must unite to do turn-based battle and save Miitopia! Cast them in roles across the kingdom, manage friendships and give them jobs with distinct stats, abilities, gear and custom looks. The Miitopia game will be available on July 28.
- Hey! PIKMIN – Captain Olimar has crashed on an unknown planet inhabited by Pikmin. Get a new perspective on his adorably fierce partners as you fight to fuel his ship in his first 2D platformer. Hey! PIKMIN is also the first Pikmin game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. The 2D game will be available on July 28.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch

- Overcooked: Special Edition – Working as a team, you and up to four* fellow chefs must prepare, cook and serve up a variety of tasty orders before the paying customers storm out in a huff. Overcooked: Special Edition features all the exhilarating (and enraging) kitchens from the main game, as well as both expansions, “The Lost Morsel” and “Festive Seasoning.” Sharpen your knives and dust off your chef’s whites – there isn’t mushroom for error, and the steaks are high in these crazy kitchens!
- NAMCO MUSEUM – Play some of the most popular Namco games, anytime, anywhere! Enjoy classics such as PAC-MAN™, GALAGA™, SPLATTERHOUSE™ and TOWER OF DRUAGA™, or play games including ROLLING THUNDER™, SKYKID™ or TANK FORCE™ with friends and family.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.

Activities:

My Nintendo Rewards – The New Nintendo 2DS XL system will be available on July 28. To celebrate the new hardware release, My Nintendo is offering rewards to help fill any system in the Nintendo 3DS family with fun new experiences. For the artists among you – and for people who just like to doodle from time to time – we have Swapdoodle rewards.** We’re also offering two sets of My Nintendo exclusive DLC, each containing three new stationery designs. You can get them by redeeming some of your Platinum Points.

Nikki’s Friend Theme
Swapdoodle DLC: Nikki’s Simply Adorable Animals
Swapdoodle DLC: Super Mario Basic Lessons
Swapdoodle DLC: Wind Waker

The following DLC is exclusive to My Nintendo, so don’t miss your chance!

Swapdoodle DLC: Stationery Set A
Swapdoodle DLC: Stationery Set B

For more info, please visit my.nintendo.com.

Also new this week:

- Ultra Hyperball (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available July 28
- NAMCO MUSEUM (PAC-MAN VS. Free Multiplayer-only Ver.) (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Free Download
- Qbics Paint (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ACA NEOGEO SUPER SIDEKICKS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Kid Tripp (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- SWIPE (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Cubeshift (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- VICTORY RUN (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Air Zonk (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Ninja Spirit (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Ridley327

Oh good, the Namco Museum app is launching with the game. Great news for my family, since we loved Pac-Man Vs. when it originally came out, but the hardware requirement made it tough to enjoy consistently.

maxcriden

Any word on how Kid Tripp is?

And thanks for posting the news about Lumo, Shiggy. I've wanted to play that game for a bit (still may grab it on XB1 though).

L~A

Oh, sweet! Does it still require a copy of the game then?

EDIT: One copy. http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/n...vs-plays-switch-free-app-eshop-download-play/

Yup, the free app is just there so you don't have to buy the game twice just to get the full experience. Just needing two consoles is enough, ha ha. I guess if Switch somehow supported the Wii U GamePad, that would be neat, but let's be honest... ain't never gonna happen (not sure it's even possible, on a technical level).

Shiggy

Nintendo started one of their crappy sales again:

Summer Sales – Only for My Nintendo Members (until August 10)

Retail games:
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo) - EUR 27.99 instead of EUR 39.99
Mario Party: Star Rush (Nintendo) - EUR 27.99 instead of EUR 39.99
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (Nintendo) - EUR 31.49 instead of EUR 44.99
Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 2 - Fashion Forward (Nintendo) - EUR 27.99 instead of EUR 39.99
Kid Icarus: Uprising (Nintendo) - EUR 24.49 instead of EUR 34.99
Ultimate NES Remix (Nintendo) - EUR 27.99 instead of EUR 39.99
Monster Hunter Generations (CAPCOM) - EUR 31.49 instead of EUR 44.99
DRAGON QUEST VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past - EUR 27.99 instead of EUR 39.99
Picross 3D: Round 2 (Nintendo) - EUR 24.49 instead of EUR 34.99

eShop games:
Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (Nintendo) - EUR 6.99 instead of EUR 9.99
Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (Nintendo) - EUR 6.99 instead of EUR 9.99
Pullblox (Nintendo) - EUR 4.19 instead of EUR 5.99
Nintendo Pocket Football Club (Nintendo) - EUR 10.49 instead of EUR 14.99
Dillon's Rolling Western (Nintendo) - EUR 6.99 instead of EUR 9.99

VC games
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Nintendo) - EUR 3.99 instead of EUR 7.99
Super Mario Kart (Nintendo) - EUR 3.99 instead of EUR 7.99
Super Mario World (Nintendo) - EUR 3.99 instead of EUR 7.99
F-ZERO (Nintendo) - EUR 3.99 instead of EUR 7.99
EarthBound (Nintendo) - EUR 4.99 instead of EUR 9.99

Summer Sales – Open to everyone (until August 10)
StreetPass Mii Plaza:
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Slot Racer (Nintendo) - EUR 2.09 instead of EUR 2.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Trader (Nintendo) - EUR 2.09 instead of EUR 2.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Chef (Nintendo) - EUR 2.09 instead of EUR 2.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Ninja (Nintendo) - EUR 2.09 instead of EUR 2.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Explorers (Nintendo) - EUR 2.09 instead of EUR 2.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Squad (Nintendo) - EUR 3.49 instead of EUR 4.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Garden (Nintendo) - EUR 3.49 instead of EUR 4.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Battle (Nintendo) - EUR 3.49 instead of EUR 4.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Mansion (Nintendo) - EUR 3.49 instead of EUR 4.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Fishing (Nintendo) - EUR 3.49 instead of EUR 4.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Mii Plaza Premium (Nintendo) - EUR 3.49 instead of EUR 4.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: StreetPass Zombies (Nintendo) - EUR 3.49 instead of EUR 4.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: Pack 2 (Nintendo) - EUR 5.59 instead of EUR 7.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: Thank You Pack (Nintendo) - EUR 5.59 instead of EUR 7.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: Pack 3 (Excluding StreetPass Slot Racer) (Nintendo) - EUR 6.29 instead of EUR 8.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: Pack 3 (Excluding StreetPass Trader) (Nintendo) - EUR 6.29 instead of EUR 8.99
StreetPass Mii Plaza: Pack 1 (Nintendo) - EUR 10.49 instead of EUR 14.99

Themes:
Super Mario Bros/ Famicom Cartridge (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
NES Jumping Mario (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
NES Fire Mario (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
Mario Characters (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
Animal Crossing: Summer Fun (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
Animal Crossing: Gardening Weather (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - My Town (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Dire Moon (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask: Gold Edition (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
NES Sword- swinging Link (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
NES Samus Aran (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
New Style Boutique 2 - Caprice Chalet (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
Nintendo presents: New Style Boutique 2 - Dressed Up (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
Tomodachi Life - Speech Bubble (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99
Pullblox: Mallo & Friends (Nintendo) - EUR 0.99 instead of EUR 1.99

Capcom sale: (until August 10)
Nintendo 3DS:
Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM Europe) - EUR 8.99 instead of EUR 29.99
Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (CAPCOM Europe) - EUR 3.99 instead of EUR 9.99
Super Street Fighter IV 3D (CAPCOM Europe) - EUR 6.99 instead of EUR 19.99
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (CAPCOM Europe) - EUR 9.99 instead of EUR 24.99
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy (CAPCOM Europe) - EUR 14.99 instead of EUR 29.99
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice (CAPCOM Europe) - EUR 14.99 instead of EUR 29.99
Mega Man Legacy Collection (CAPCOM Europe) - EUR 7.99 instead of EUR

Wii U:
Resident Evil Revelations (CAPCOM) - EUR 7.99 instead of EUR 49.99
DuckTales: Remastered (CAPCOM) - EUR 5.99 instead of EUR 14.99

Top Bottom