• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro City Rampage confirmed for October 9th (US PSN)

Eusis

Don't want free game

bitching about too many PSN games

okay gaf
Hey, what's better? A free game, or a game that gets you $5?

Yeah I like being paid to "buy" their games. Even if it's really more like "get Okami for free" or something.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This can't be real. About fucking time. I hate swearing but the wait that MSFT had us in was unbearable. Let's hope they all launch on time.

Unless you're a monster title like Minecraft, there's no money in XBLA. You'll be lucky if people know your game is out.

Of the two (lol WiiWare), it is far more profitable. To say there's no money "unless you're Minecraft" is just wrong.

But yeah, it's not like it's a sure fire thing, and it is not as easy to stand out now as it was a couple years ago.

Steam is the golden god, of course.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Hey hey, this game is cross buy (or yopo, whatever) right? So that means I can safely buy the PS3 version get it on my Vita? Just asking, I don't think I will ever play this on my PS3 to be honest.

Eusis

Of the two (lol WiiWare), it is far more profitable. To say there's no money "unless you're Minecraft" is just wrong.
I wonder if the trouble negates that advantage? Sure, 360's the more popular format (in NA/ the UK anyway), but if it's CLOSE to equal now and Microsoft gives you way more trouble I can see it being more practical to just cut them out, especially with how good Steam's being for people.

WiiWare's totally a vanity thing though, and unlike La-Mualana I don't see many of us eager to still buy it there. Getting it on PlayStation lets me have it BOTH on my console and my handheld, and Steam will eventually offer an awesome sale for the double(/fake triple) dip.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

But yeah, it's not like it's a sure fire thing, and it is not as easy to stand out now as it was a couple years ago.

Steam is the golden god, of course.

But MS is the one causing all these problems. MS is the one with the insane regulations.

It sounds like Sony has some too, but nowhere near as bad as MS. It's probably not worth dealing with them at some point. XBLA really isn't insta-money like it was before. Sony's pushing downloadables like CRAZY this year with PSN+, and Steam is the best one possible.

And it also sounds like nintendo is being a lot better these days with their stuff, and they only hope to improve with WiiU. MS always comes off as arrogant with their insane regulations, and I don't think downloadables don't need its pull as badly anymore.

Eusis

I'm guessing Sony's about as good as a console manufacturer can be this generation. The Wii U sounds like it changes that though, but we'll see. There's actually a lot to Microsoft's policies I think that were both very forward thinking, and also many that were VERY problematic going forward. XBLA probably shouldn't have properly existed, so much as it should've been Games on Demand from the very start, just with "Games on Demand Premium" for retail and more expensive titles or something, if they even bothered dividing. A lot of XBLA quirks that stifle individuality some, and aren't relevant to all games; online leaderboards are great for actual arcade-like games... but the further you step away from that mold the less sense you make, until ultimately you have games like Monkey Island and Symphony of the Night using some sort of insane, inscrutable logic.

But MS is the one causing all these problems. MS is the one with the insane regulations.

It sounds like Sony has some too, but nowhere near as bad as MS. It's probably not worth dealing with them at some point. XBLA really isn't insta-money like it was before. Sony's pushing downloadables like CRAZY this year with PSN+, and Steam is the best one possible.

And it also sounds like nintendo is being a lot better these days with their stuff, and they only hope to improve with WiiU. MS always comes off as arrogant with their insane regulations, and I don't think downloadables don't need its pull as badly anymore.

Yeah, Microsoft is hurting themselves no doubt. Next gen they can't pull this shit once they're on a relative clean slate vs Sony/Nintendo as far as an active digital download buying install base goes.

Sony is pretty desperately going after indie devs for PSN, but it's a bit late to turn PS3 PSN totally around and Vita is Vita. Wii U eShop sounds promising, hopefully it attracts a much larger audience than WiiWare ever did.

Atomski

Wow releases in 4 days.. you would think a release trailer would have been released a couple weeks ago or something to hype the release. Yet its coming out of nowhere after months of silence..

Im going to buy it for sure.. but seems pretty shitty not trying to grab some attention before release.

Aaron

Wow releases in 4 days.. you would think a release trailer would have been released a couple weeks ago or something to hype the release. Yet its coming out of nowhere after months of silence..

Im going to buy it for sure.. but seems pretty shitty not trying to grab some attention before release.
Also coming out the same day as XCOM and Dishonored? Not smart. I would have bought it for sure if it had come out this week. Now I'll just wait until it shows up in an indie bundle.

bunbun777

Where are the reviews? I am interested in total length and feature set more than anything. 15 seems a bit steep compared to that sweet spot of 10.

"Retro City Rampage is finally launching October 9th on PS3 and PS Vita in North America and on PC / Steam / GOG worldwide. The European PS3 and PS Vita releases will follow later this month, WiiWare following shortly after that. The XBLA version is 99.9% ready to get out the door, but still waiting for a release slot."

why? this happens too often nowadays. have they even released counter strike yet or dyad? and I remember waiting what felt like months for trine 1 and 2 in the uk on psn. I hope the same doesn't happen here and it does come out by the end of the month. I've waited for this game for what's felt like years and now to wait a little longer at the final hurdle especially when it's available in the us and steam is annoying. get it together sony europe.

why? this happens too often nowadays. have they even released counter strike yet? and I remember waiting what felt like months for trine 1 and 2 in the uk on psn. I hope the same doesn't happen here and it does come out by the end of the month. I've waited for this game for what's felt like years and now to wait a little longer at the final hurdle especially when it's available in the us and steam is annoying. get it together sony europe.

RCR is all being handled by Brian, so a slight delay shouldn't be out of the question.

Game is fun, been playing it on Steam. Glad to see it's finally releasing.

nofi

Amazing, can't wait.

Although there's no chance in hell I'm waiting for SCEE to roll this one out. US credit get.

kerrak

Watching some videos, this game has a "GTA meets Super Crate Box" feel to it.
If it turns out good, it will be see tons of playtime on my vita. Blind buy anyway.

AHA-Lambda

"Retro City Rampage is finally launching October 9th on PS3 and PS Vita in North America and on PC / Steam / GOG worldwide. The European PS3 and PS Vita releases will follow later this month, WiiWare following shortly after that. The XBLA version is 99.9% ready to get out the door, but still waiting for a release slot."

Fucking SCEE!

iQtLNJUtsMiMF.gif

Tizoc

Relax EU PSN GAF, they'll prob. have an awesome sales offer to make up for it!
Which is EU PSN's usual MO

Top Bottom