• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Domstercool

For people with the 30FPS issue. Go to the installation folder Batman Arkham Knight\BmGame\ Config\BmSystemSettings.ini and look in the file for "Max_FPS=30" change it to what you want. :)

No I offered him my AK code that will be coming from amazon soon (bought a 980ti recently but the code hasn't arrived yet). He had a critical hype overload and bought it to play day 1 rather than wait until amazon sent me my code, lols.

giphy_zps9af31508iubnh.gif

Norci7

It's capped at 30 fps... WTF?!

Edit: Thanks Domstercool, it worked. Should have been unlocked by default though. Lazy devs.

GTX 980
i7-2600k @4.4

1440p with everything on including all gamworks and I averaged 46 (min was 28 near a bunch of smoke).

I think I'm going to turn smoke off, it hurts performance a good deal and looks weird.

If the 780ti was getting 30-40fps with all the gameworks stuff on and max settings and 970, 980ti is going to muderize this game.

I'll probably downsample 1440p->1080p with max settings and enjoy G-sync.

Looks like you should have waited to get the game for free.

*evil laugh*

That's what I'm hoping for. When my 980 Ti arrives tomorrow, I'll be on the moon.

giphy.gif

Vitor711

Is the smoke/fog the big FPS killer? If so, I'd like to see a benchmark of everything maxed, all gameworks settings ON except fog

It was in the previous Arkham games as well - no big surprise here.

Looking forward to seeing what my 980 can manage once the game finishes downloading in 10 minutes.

Stupid 3mb download on a 300Mbps connection... Should at least be three times as fast.

Mononoke

Banned
GTX 980
i7-2600k @4.4

1440p with everything on including all gamworks and I averaged 46.

I think I'm going to turn smoke off, it hurts performance a good deal and looks weird.

Hmm

So I might be able to get 60fps with everything on and Gameworks, because I'm at 2560x1080p. Similar set up (GTX 980). I assume 1440p is more demanding then my bizarro aspect ratio?l

Edit: someone pointed out below its 40% more resolution than mine. How that translates into performance, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Xyber

For people with the 30FPS issue. Go to the installation folder Batman Arkham Knight\BmGame\ Config\BmSystemSettings.ini and look in the file for "Max_FPS=30" change it to what you want. :)

How does something like this even make it through to release...

Gumbie

1080p
3770k at 4.5ghz
780ti

All settings maxed and all gameworks on

In game pc performance test
Min: 29fps
Average: 39fps

Same test with all Gameworks stuff turned OFF.

Min: 59fps
Max: 101fps
Average: 75fps

All Gameworks off except for Interactive Smoke/Fog

Min: 34fps
Avg: 90fps
Average: 56fps

All Gameworks off except for Paper Debris

Min: 44fps
Max: 87fps
Average: 61fps

Ok update, I have everything maxed/on except smoke and it runs amazing. (GTX 980, i7-2600k,1440p). Minimum of 44, maximum of 83, average of 56. Sweet victory.

Corpekata

Banned
The movies are garbage. They run at a weird variable framerate, usually like 52ish. Why between this and Witcher 3 are simple things like prerendered movies getting screwed up?

Mononoke

Banned
1440p is 2560x1440, so about 40% more

Thanks for putting that into perspective. I'm dumb. Yeah, so I hope to get better performance than him. I have a slightly better set up than what he posted and that is 40% bump in resolution he had.

Gah. Should just bite the bullet and use a VPN or something. This wait is killing me.

Tahnit

Banned
ok guys real talk time.

previous batman games have had physx. which means i used my older 550ti graphics card for pure physx stuff. Does this game have anything or does it use primary gpu. If it uses primary i may just turn off all that gameworks stuff.

the fuck, the game was fine until about 15 minutes in. I went to the first objective marker and now my frames literally hit 0, like the game froze for a second, at one point and went to the single digits. I have a 970 and i5-3350p. It was at a solid 31 fps before this and never dropped once. Happening frequently now

I have everything turned on and maxed at 1080p. I guess i will turn stuff off

Mechazawa

There is something weird going on. It's giving me 30fps (pretty much like it's locked to 30) in normal gameplay. Thought it was something just with the diner first, but got to fly around now and it never goes beyond 30 no matter what settings I use.

What happens if you put the game in borderless windowed?

Guille4000

Neo Member
Everything maxed out but, maybe it's me but the IQ is really bad compared to previous batman games :/ (perhaps chromatic aberration?)

the fuck, the game was fine until about 15 minutes in. I went to the first objective marker and now my frames literally hit 0, like the game froze for a second, at one point and went to the single digits. I have a 970 and i5-3350p. It was at a solid 31 fps before this and never dropped once. Happening frequently now

I have everything turned on and maxed at 1080p. I guess i will turn stuff off

Wonder if it is crossing that 3.5gb vram mark on 670. Try it with the textures on low.

Thank you. Looks like there's actually quite a few settings to fiddle around with, they just didn't want to overwhelm people in the options menu I suppose. Curious if you can get different AA solutions based on the number of it is just a boolean flag.

Tovarisc

The movies are garbage. They run at a weird variable framerate, usually like 52ish. Why between this and Witcher 3 are simple things like prerendered movies getting screwed up?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't cutscenes in Witcher 3 and this Batman rendered in real time and not pre-canned prerenders? If cutscenes were prerendered you wouldn't see your current gear in them, if it was different than what developer intended during prerender.

Pezus

970 @ 1178mhz
16GB of DDR4 @ 2400Mhz
i7 5820k @ 3.3Ghz

GMG doesn't refund and Steam only refuns games bought through steam. If you like it and it works refund through steam and then buy through GMG. The sale ends on the 26th

Sweet, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
How much HDD space do I need to install the game? It's just I want to install it to my SSD but I don't know if I will be able to.... SSD has 55,8 GB of free space.

CHC

Everything maxed out but, maybe it's me but the IQ is really bad compared to previous batman games :/ (perhaps chromatic aberration?)

Probably post processing AA. They ditched MSAA for some reason here (probably deferred rendering, the usual suspect).

jacobeid

Banned
How do I unpack the game?

I feel like a freaking idiot but whenever I try and open the game Steam says that it's still encrypted.

I restarted my Steam client.

So just had the game crap out on my. Run the PC performance test and everything was going swimmingly then all of a sudden about 2/3 minutes into the test the game just crashed and spat out a whole load of binaries errors.

Checked the integrity of the install and what do you know, I'm downloading 33GB again...

Wanted to put this new 980Ti through its paces :(

Top Bottom