• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random Youtuber appears to have a retail Xbox One

Well, came back here to say I can't blame the kid for wanting to hook it up. I just saw a new clip of Killer Instinct and it looked fucking incredible. I really hope the system is a success. I can see myself getting one next year.

Hope this kid's dad doesn't get fired but who are we kidding. That's the world we live in now. They should fucking have the kid do some interviews. Get more exposure out there for the young demographic, particularly one that actually seems interested in the system and wants to show it off.

JWong

Banned
preferable to the PS3 solution of "oh your batteries don't hold charge any more, well throwing the whole damn thing away". Or keep if always plugged in I guess if you can.

I don't actually know how PS4 batteries work but man. Fuck non replaceable batteries.

You must live in the ancient times of Jesus Christ for lithium batteries to die off.

He's trolling you guys, those are the final dev/test kits.
You see how he has the manual and paperwork sitting over the top?
Thats hiding the barcode and stuff. Even the box is the same, thats so internal dude trying to be slick.

Yeah i've been thinking about that too

bryanee

preferable to the PS3 solution of "oh your batteries don't hold charge any more, well throwing the whole damn thing away". .

Not once has that ever happened to the DS3 I've had for four years. I've even left it for months at a time and it still worked just fine.

Violater

preferable to the PS3 solution of "oh your batteries don't hold charge any more, well throwing the whole damn thing away". Or keep if always plugged in I guess if you can.

I don't actually know how PS4 batteries work but man. Fuck non replaceable batteries.

If anything like PS3 batteries pretty damn good. I still have the original non rumble controller that holds charge just fine.

veras

It's a dev kit - at 1:36 you can see a white sticker on the front behind the cable he has pushed up against it (and as previously noted he's using the paper materials to cover other stickers).

Justin

Not once has that ever happened to the DS3 I've had for four years. I've even left it for months at a time and it still worked just fine.

Happened to my PS3 controller. It stopped charging and even when plugged in it will turn off every time the controller rumbles.

Persona7

Banned
Where is this kid now?

cQdpiJ9.jpg

Jackpot

Banned
Another kid getting his father fired.

He has a Windows Phone in the reflection of the Kinect, Dad works for MS probably.

He's gonna get his father fired.

Your dad had one job!

Kid's dad is gunna be pissed.....always the kid of a microsoft employee

Fucking portrait.

Poor father :/
Lumia phones are rad, everyone should have one

Someone's dad is about to get fired.

Maybe his dad was already fired due to failing at astroturfing gaf?

Women can have jobs too, you know.

I really like the new Xbox controller. Its superior to the 360 version and in my opinion looks better than ps4 and wii u controllers as well.

It's one of the few things they def got right

When I saw the nokia phone reflection, sadly the first thought was... kid of a ms employee.
or he just likes having a quality phone? The Nokia Lumias are great phones.

or maybe he's even a Microsoft fan? Seems genuinely excited to have an Xbox One early. Being a fan of Microsoft is possible. :p

Either way. Kid better give us a video of the Dashboard! It's a month from launch and we still haven't had a video show the dashboard in full detail. Sure im its current state, its probably incomplete since the Dash needs a day one update, but still, a general idea of the dash would be nice.

Side note, my hunt for a early Xbox One (and PS4) starts now!

EDIT: Looking closer at the video and reading through this thread, it does seem like its a developer unit. Nevermind.

Milennia

gerber is a pretty common surname, putting an X in front and back is also pretty common. i found a couple of german xgerberx and some austrians and swiss.

Finding the same, hm.

Noticing he barely touches anything besides fondling the controller/headset, everything just sits in a neat pattern surrounding the console and manuals on top..... Most def hiding something.

If i was a kid and had that thing infront of me this early , i would be looking at everything and showing everything off, including the console and kinect/cables, not just leave it there covered like your hiding something ( hes totally fucking hiding something).

Also he makes a video showing off the controller/headset which he already took most of the unboxing video looking at ( also the only thing he touched in the unboxing video).
Why wouldnt he make one on the kinect and console as well?

Skeff

two things:

Firstly, lol at the PS3 controller batteries dying, that doesn't really happen.

Secondly, would a company that has astroturfers banned on this very forum almost every day be likely to astroturf this video? well um yes I guess so.

Nuklear

Banned

It's pretty trivial to change the battery in the PS3 controller. If you are throwing your controllers away it's your fault.

Top Bottom