• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Magnus

I know some people have issues with the scaling, particularly how the scaled mobs make gathering and other activities annoying at cap, but I would love it if I could choose which expansion I wanted to start in. I haven't played Cata or MoP content and likely never will with how fast you out-level them both in the current set-up.

Agreed 100%. Fuck it, let me do level 1-60 in new Cata zones (Hyjal+) and 61-100 in Pandaria and I'd be happy.

PatzCU

While we're talking about leveling, I re-subbed for Legion (didn't buy it yet) and I rolled a new DK to play for this xpac. Currently blitzing through Wrath via queueing dungeons. This is so fast for xp that I might do it for Cata and Panda as well.

Having completely skipped WoD, is it worth questing through or should I keep riding the dungeon train? Dungeons are leveling me like every 30 minutes.

Robin64

How are the same bots still flying around weeks after being reported? This is one area where Blizzard really let themselves down.

Magnus

I just got the Arch quest to go to Nelth's Lair and kill the boss for the BoA Spear. If I don't do it before tomorrow, do I lose the quest? I think the 2-week reset for Arch is tomorrow...

How are the same bots still flying around weeks after being reported? This is one area where Blizzard really let themselves down.

There are bots in WoW still? I thought that was a thing of the past. What are they doing?

Robin64

There are bots in WoW still? I thought that was a thing of the past. What are they doing?

"Flying" from gathering node to gathering node. Not really flying, but instantly scaling impenetrable cliffs etc.

WEO4pOT.jpg

Fjordson

Up to 845 now and getting into a good amount of mythic groups. These are fun! Not crazy difficult, but you have to stay on your toes and pay attention, a welcome bump after doing heroics the last few weeks. Looking forward to getting into keystone runs eventually.

Two people in my group just now had the fox mount though and I'm starting to get annoyed whenever I see it lol. I want that damn thing.

Daniel R

Was invited to guild mythic+ group and we cleared a +6 dungeon. Pretty happy about that since my previous best was +2. Also these guys in my guild have been pugging all of EN normal and will bring me along in the future.

Pretty stoked about that since I thought I was doomed so not have any progress unless I paid for it.

th3dude

Running TSM sniper at the auction house is freaking addicting. I could sit here all day. Already missed a few awesome deals. Getting addicted to the gold hunt.

While we're talking about leveling, I re-subbed for Legion (didn't buy it yet) and I rolled a new DK to play for this xpac. Currently blitzing through Wrath via queueing dungeons. This is so fast for xp that I might do it for Cata and Panda as well.

Having completely skipped WoD, is it worth questing through or should I keep riding the dungeon train? Dungeons are leveling me like every 30 minutes.

You may not have a choice with WoD, I don't know if they've removed the ilvl gates on dungeons so you'll probably have to play through at least some of the PVE.

The moment to moment questing in WoD is enjoyable enough, the starter zones are particularly strong and you can get to 94 before leaving Frostfire or Shadowmoon Valley.

I would guess they're trying to figure out how the bots work and are able to compromise their systems before mass banning people using them. That's the only thing I can think of as to why they'd be slow in dealing with them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Up to 845 now and getting into a good amount of mythic groups. These are fun! Not crazy difficult, but you have to stay on your toes and pay attention, a welcome bump after doing heroics the last few weeks. Looking forward to getting into keystone runs eventually.

Two people in my group just now had the fox mount though and I'm starting to get annoyed whenever I see it lol. I want that damn thing.

The +2 keystones aren't much harder, the time limit your first time through will seem too small (if you have a good group it isn't), but when you go higher and higher there's less room for error.

After going 12-24 in 3s arena against 1500-1600 teams, I've come to the conclusion that I suck at PvP. Anyone actually good at arena wanna play a couple games with me to confirm? I play Holy Priest

Also, I don't really see the point of Tailoring anymore. Should I drop it for Herbalism?

LogicStep

Man... I'm new to playing melee DPS, I've always been range, and it is a pain in the ass to do good dps and stay alive. I also have a problem with having to look at my buttons to see what's coming off cooldown for my rotation which takes my eyes away from the action and more importantly shit on the ground I need to dodge. Any tips?

cdyhybrid

Man... I'm new to playing melee DPS, I've always been range, and it is a pain in the ass to do good dps and stay alive. I also have a problem with having to look at my buttons to see what's coming off cooldown for my rotation which takes my eyes away from the action and more importantly shit on the ground I need to dodge. Any tips?
But all the ranged players told me playing melee is mindless and easy.

Get good Weakauras so you don't have to keep looking at your bars.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Download GTFO. And make Weakauras or Tellmewhens of your icons so you can more immediately see where they're going without having to look at the bottom of your screen
But all the ranged players told me playing melee is mindless and easy.

Get good Weakauras so you don't have to keep looking at your bars.

It is

Tarazet

Learn your max melee range on each fight and use it to your advantage. You can be halfway back on Helya's ship and still hit her with your white attacks. Ferals can abuse this even more using Balance Affinity.

Strimei

I love my main (arcane mage), its been my main since 2005 (when I started her as an alt to my then-main, a hunter).

But god damn do I love being a WW monk. There's something just so fun about it, weaving my attacks, the hit combos, the shoryuke-I mean whirling dragon punch, everything.

Tacitus_

Downed the spider bird on mythic. Took only 41 pulls, which is not that bad for us. Would've gotten sub-40 but this one guy kept suiciding before the third platform. Once he didn't die, it was an easy kill.

M.D

A guild mate just got his THIRD legendary and I still have none.
We have about the same play time and we spam mythic plus together with a guild group. This is BULLSHIT

Downed the spider bird on mythic. Took only 41 pulls, which is not that bad for us. Would've gotten sub-40 but this one guy kept suiciding before the third platform. Once he didn't die, it was an easy kill.

Nice, that's the next one for us. We got Nythendra down tonight which was great, took a few half-hearted attempts at the Spider hope to come back next reset for it properly :)

Tacitus_

Nice, that's the next one for us. We got Nythendra down tonight which was great, took a few half-hearted attempts at the Spider hope to come back next reset for it properly :)

Just hammer down the execution and she'll go down. Mostly the poison and whirlwind drop zones and not killing the spiders on the webs during transition.

... and not falling off the webs during transition >_>

M.D

I have no idea what happened over the last 2 days but I'm getting rejected to almost every pug, even lower level ones.

I'm an 858/860 Outlaw so no idea what's the deal here, there's literally no other reason I could think of other than being melee

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have no idea what happened over the last 2 days but I'm getting rejected to almost every pug, even lower level ones.

I'm an 858/860 Outlaw so no idea what's the deal here, there's literally no other reason I could think of other than being melee

For Mythics or what? For Mythics it's pretty simple. The list fills up quick. People just pick off the top, higher ilvls, classes they want (duplicate armor for loot sharing), and yes this includes range vs melee but there's about 2 melee dps to every ranged.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm ready for Simulationcraft to be deleted from this world. What a piece of garbage...

Sölf

Maaaaan, we had a super close Vault of the Wardens +5 run today. Everything went smooth, we had ~8-9 minutes when we reached the final trash area before Cordana. We pulled the first Broodmother, someone pulled a Warden, tank jumped there and pulled a second Broodmother. Still, everything is fine. We try to damage them equally because of bolster.

Tank gets knocked back to the lower floor. Aggros spiders. The other mobs follow him and aggro even more. We manage to kill something but with ~10-15 spiders and the big mobs and the bolster affix... we wipe.

We run back, try to kill as fast as possible, I as a melee take the light. I die later on when several mobs are up, I loose the light, we have no light.

In the end we were 1:02 minutes to slow. We had ~2:25 minutes for Cordana and that was not enough. Uuuuuuuugh, so saaaad! D:

After going 12-24 in 3s arena against 1500-1600 teams, I've come to the conclusion that I suck at PvP. Anyone actually good at arena wanna play a couple games with me to confirm? I play Holy Priest

Don't play Holy Priest. Disc is better, but I also think worse than most other healers (except in a few circumstances where the offense can really shine)

Source: played Priest for 8 years now primarily in PvP, almost entirely Disc. If you'd like to chat about Priest PvP, shoot me a PM. I follow it pretty closely. If you're Alliance US I could also run a few games of 2s on my WW with you too

im very scared of mythic + Vault. I'll never pug it. Cordana is Baby's First Boss with Mechanics that will actually wipe you and I wiped 9 times in a row on mythic 1 with a pug one. It takes a long time for some people to realize that you cant actually soak Doom and that Cordana wont take any damage with the Avatar up no matter how hard you hit her

awful

M.D

For Mythics or what? For Mythics it's pretty simple. The list fills up quick. People just pick off the top, higher ilvls, classes they want (duplicate armor for loot sharing), and yes this includes range vs melee but there's about 2 melee dps to every ranged.

Yeah talking about mythics.
It just felt weird because I've been doing mythic plus runs with guild mates and we've doing great and when I try to pug it no one would accept me. I sent applied for so many groups today and the only 3, and 2 of them turned out to be normal mythics which I was locked to.

I am loving Outlaw but I kinda wish I went with a Fire Mage, especially with my guild where we only have like 3 ranged players in the raid right now and personally I feel like none of the bosses are really melee friendly and I don't know if that will change in the next raid tier.

Renekton

It just felt weird because I've been doing mythic plus runs with guild mates and we've doing great and when I try to pug it no one would accept me. I sent applied for so many groups today and the only 3.
As 850 healer, I can probably get 3 invites out of 20 applications for +2/+3. Should respec tank but the AP cost man.

It just felt weird because I've been doing mythic plus runs with guild mates and we've doing great and when I try to pug it no one would accept me. I sent applied for so many groups today and the only 3, and 2 of them turned out to be normal mythics which I was locked to.

I am loving Outlaw but I kinda wish I went with a Fire Mage, especially with my guild where we only have like 3 ranged players in the raid right now and personally I feel like none of the bosses are really melee friendly and I don't know if that will change in the next raid tier.

People are stupid. I have a hard time getting into Pugs on my Rogue despite regularly being a solid dps and knowing all the dungeons inside and out. The thing is people hear "oh, DH's are imba" and only want to take that class to make it easier on themselves. Rogue's are basically a mid-tier DPS for Mythics, and depending on fights and specs can have some real draw backs (lots of Adds makes playing Assassination a nightmare). The other issue is a lot of people switched to Outlaw form the get-go because "yay pirates!" and have played the class impressively poorly.

RPGCrazied

Can I just say how much I hate the WoW community sometimes? Today in chat someone asked how do you deal with loneliness. Some of the replies, ugh, someone even said a bullet.

Really? Encourage suicide? Makes me so mad.

Strimei

I'm doing the leatherworking quests (the second set) in Highmountain and I hate navigating this zone. They're all high up on peaks that require me to thread some small path from a good distance away that isn't obvious.

Also I'm a bit annoyed by one of the quests that has you go get an old scale of Deathwing's. You're told "you will need all your strength" and so it seems to point you to Neltharion's Lair. I queue up and after looking close I realize that...no...its not the Lair, its in the outworld. And I just...loot this giant scale. There's no elite mob even.

Need all my strength? I guess it was just flavor text about it being heavy but seriously, I was expecting more than just "go to cave, loot."

Megasoum

Banned
I'm reading a Legion Archeology guide right now... If the only way to get rare solves is via quests showing up once every two weeks then what is the point of doing random dig sites you find in the world?

This is dumb, you can't do anything by yourself except waiting for the next quest to pop-up?

Strimei

I'm reading a Legion Archeology guide right now... If the only way to get rare solves is via quests showing up once every two weeks then what is the point of doing random dig sites you find in the world?

This is dumb, you can't do anything by yourself except waiting for the next quest to pop-up?

Yup!

You can get the normal solves and work to get specific pristines (for that fortnight's race) to display in the Dalaran archaeology shop, but yeah.

It also means you have a minimum of 16 weeks before you can unlock the color appearance that's tide to This Side Up! (I think this also depends on if you get a repeat, too. I'm not sure if that'll happen but...I think it can)

Megasoum

Banned
Yup!

You can get the normal solves and work to get specific pristines (for that fortnight's race) to display in the Dalaran archaeology shop, but yeah.

It also means you have a minimum of 16 weeks before you can unlock the color appearance that's tide to This Side Up! (I think this also depends on if you get a repeat, too. I'm not sure if that'll happen but...I think it can)

Great...

How do prestine work exactly? Are they just random proc on the normal solves?

Top Bottom