• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan rumors: HUGE Final Fantasy XV spoilers (plot, gameplay) + dev talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

NesFe

To be honest, I was never going to get the game day 1 after both demos felt pretty meh to me and this rumor doesn't really change anything. I'll wait a couple of weeks after launch to see how this game turns out and decide if I'm going to buy it.

If the death rumor is true though then that's pretty disappointing.

TrueOutlook

Neo Member
I don't think its real, lets be honest, if anything, the final fantasy series is probably one of the easiest to fake, especially considering that theres various instances that are repeated for every game, the summons for example, which would be very easy to fake.

Considering that the titan's demo name was featured in a previous Japanese trailer, and that thats the only reasonable contribution to this guys legitimacy, I think this is made up. Through a combination of building on previous interviews, highly predictable final fantasy answers, and telling the demo name to people who mostly can't understand Japanese, it would be pretty easy to do.

Since we're 3.5 months away from release, if these problems really were occurring, we would have had a delay by now, and we would not have received any demos, considering the time they would take to produce, especially considering that they are doing the ATRs' at the same time. These would have been cut straight away if the situation was so dire.

Theres also a full-length CG movie, mobile game, anime series, VR game and a crazy amount of collectibles, Square Enix are going all out for it. If there is any risk of it completely blowing up, they would pulls the reins straight away. Mind you, with the whole FFXIII situation, it doesn't exactly instil me with confidence since the merger.
Still debating whether to pre-order it for the blu-ray movie or wait for reviews.

Also, I wanted to know the reason why Nomura left according to the 'leaker', I would click the spoiler, but on the off-chance that its actually real, I don't want to spoil myself on the other parts of the answer (not that it would be worth it considering some of the other content of the leak).
Can anyone game enough reply it please?

Asd202

I don't think its real, lets be honest, if anything, the final fantasy series is probably one of the easiest to fake, especially considering that theres various instances that are repeated for every game, the summons for example, which would be very easy to fake.

Considering that the titan's demo name was featured in a previous Japanese trailer, and that thats the only reasonable contribution to this guys legitimacy, I think this is made up. Through a combination of building on previous interviews, highly predictable final fantasy answers, and telling the demo name to people who mostly can't understand Japanese, it would be pretty easy to do.

Since we're 3.5 months away from release, if these problems really were occurring, we would have had a delay by now, and we would not have received any demos, considering the time they would take to produce, especially considering that they are doing the ATRs' at the same time. These would have been cut straight away if the situation was so dire.

Theres also a full-length CG movie, mobile game, anime series, VR game and a crazy amount of collectibles, Square Enix are going all out for it. If there is any risk of it completely blowing up, they would pulls the reins straight away. Mind you, with the whole FFXIII situation, it doesn't exactly instil me with confidence since the merger.
Still debating whether to pre-order it for the blu-ray movie or wait for reviews.

Also, I wanted to know the reason why Nomura left according to the 'leaker', I would click the spoiler, but on the off-chance that its actually real, I don't want to spoil myself on the other parts of the answer (not that it would be worth it considering some of the other content of the leak).
Can anyone game enough reply it please?

Because SE prefered for him to work on FF7 and KH3.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't think there has ever been a mainline FF that will end
this tragic. Heck FFX is the most tragic yet it's still lighthearted.

Put me in the extremely doubt side.

kswiston

If there is only 2 hours of playable game there, how does he know so many gameplay related detailslike number of summons, number and quality of towns, etc?

Burbeting

Banned
If there is only 2 hours of playable game there, how does he know so many gameplay related detailslike number of summons, number and quality of towns, etc?

The leader just says it isn't playable on consoles yet, but it is playable on high end PC environment.

The leaks feel bit fake. I can believe the story beats (although no mention on plague of stars/white hooded dude), but the development leaks feel more sketchy.

moozoom

It's very plausible.

Seems like the kind of clusterfuck that happens when big blockbuster movies go wrong on the set. Lots of rewrites, director switch and panic before release... wanting to make cinematic games leads you to makes the same mistakes hollywood does. Wouldn't surprise me that they are desperately trying to hide the mess behind some PR and patch up the things they have to make at least a functional game in september.

I don't care about Final Fantasy anymore, and maybe another failure can put some humility into Square back again, but I'm afraid this would kill my beloved Enix and Dragon quest at the same time.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How was the ending of FFX lighthearted?

They still focused on hope and good memories and never forgetting about those memories.

Desi

Finally decided to read the "spoilers". Not impressed, Gaf built this up to be some crazy reveal and all I saw was "lol jrpg story". Some of the story parts make sense
traveling for the ancient weapons of kings
because they have to give yo ua reason to travel especially when you remember that XV takes place when the last crystal was taken unlike in most FF (I-V, Bravely Default) you start as the first crystal is nabbed and then follow late for each one and the dark crystals.

One thing I am truly not a fan of reading was the 2nd half
being full of flashbacks, reminds me of Xenogears disc 2 text and cutscenes; I rather just have gameplay

Replicant

"who dies? who is final boss?"
Luna and the dad die, final boss is Ardyn, the red head guy
Luna dies
>King dies
Where the f*** is the happy ending then?
Noctis will get to see loli ghost Luna so it's okay. Also his bros are fine.

I feel like this is heavily suggested in that new Kingsglaive trailer.

danthefan

I didn't read the plot points for the most part, but everything else I did read makes the game sound like complete rubbish.

Definitely going to wait for the dust to settle after release to decide if I'm going to buy or not.

dramatis

So without spoiling anything, those that read it all, does it sound good or terrible?
It doesn't sound good, but I think we'd have to see the execution to see if it works out.

Sometimes terrible things can turn into great comedy, like The Room, just because the execution is nuts.

I highly doubt this is real and just guessing the name of a trailer isn't at all proof of anything, didn't something similar happen not to recently with someone guessing like a trailer name and listing all these crazy things which didn't turn out to be true?

Mendrox

Well the part with
Ifrit
and well.. the summary and everything seems a bit too logical for me.

Wouldn't surprise me if that is true and the
10 year wait seems badass (if his bros protect him in that time that would be pure fucking brotherawesomness).

I hope that the game will run okayish though. Titan E3 battle sucked ass.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
game looks shitty, demo plays shitty, rumors say 'even more shitty'

FF died after spirits within/FFX for me I'm canceling my pre-order hype almost tricked me

25%-50% of this is def true and I don't doubt the rest

KupoNut

Just how old are these "rumors"?

If true, then they still have a lot of work to do. I hope they're smart enough to delay the game 2 months if they know the quality isn't getting there.

I actually.. like that story description, I'm sure there's a lot more to it.

If this is true, it sort of explains why they market this game so big without really showing anything, they need those pre-order numbers and sales to be high, even though the reviews (probably dropping after the game's on sale) might be bad.

Fbh

Sonds a bit too negative in every way to be real.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the game has some serious issues. Pretty much everything they have used to promote this game aside from trailers has looked terrible. Duscae had terrible framerate and dissapointing combat, Platinum demo also had terrible framerate despite there not being a lot going on and the graphics being nothing to be impressed about, the live E3 demo had framerate issues and just looked like a terrible encounter.

People like to jump on the blind "you can't say anything until you play the final release" defence. But damn, if everything they use to promote the game running in real time looks sub par how can't I be worried about the game?

game looks shitty, demo plays shitty, rumors say 'even more shitty'

FF died after spirits within/FFX for me I'm canceling my pre-order hype almost tricked me

25%-50% of this is def true and I don't doubt the rest

Sounds like you have alot of confirmation bias going on. These are the random 4chan rumors you decide are true? Based on what?

Kouriozan

This game sounds awful, debating if I'm keeping my PS4 order or just get the (cheaper) PC version.
Not liking what I can read about the story and gameplay, hoping it's not 100% true...

Bennettt2

damn it, i read the spoilers, and it actually seemed plausible to a degree. It actually doesn't seem too bad, I guess it will all come down to how it's executed. I'm liking what has been shown of Kingsglaive so far, and the movie director on that is doing the cutscenes for the game, so there's hope yet

Brentonp

Cerberus was shown in the Kingsglaive trailer.

Also,
Shiva being Aranea makes no sense.
Tabata said that the summon characters do not really get involved with human affairs. So why would
Shiva be working with Nifleheim?

Piers

It'll obviously improve before release guys
Right

It wouldn't be this bad
R-right guys? :D

*slowly reaches for gun*

_Ryo_

So this is real? What doesit mean not a lot of towns and cities? What about the locations of Final Fantasy XV trailer and the places they said were unannounced?

Wensih

I'm not sure why people are doubting that Square Enix will release an uncompleted game when this generation saw the release of games like The Master Chief Collection, another title where the franchise is so revered that no one thought they would release it in the condition it was in and stayed in for months upon months.

Diablos

The fact that we had to endure this demo battle of sorts just for E3 is concerning in and of itself. They should be beyond that point; it's June and therefore S-E should be more eager to show off the actual game as it nears completion. It is supposed to release on Sept. 30; they should be showing something more substantial than what is basically a customized boss fight crafted just for E3. Just like the Platinum demo, it's not really showing us much of the actual game we've been waiting for, making me wonder if they're scrambling to save face while they try to finish the game.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Wow this sounds like a massive clusterfuck. Honestly I've had a sinking feeling about this game ever since the first demo.

I will probably cancel my preorder for now and wait to see what the initial reception is like. Might be worth waiting for the inevitable sincere apology followed by a massive patch that fixes the game.

12, 13, and 14 were all clusterfucks. It wouldn't be the least bit surprising to learn that 15 is too.

kswiston

I'm not sure why people are doubting that Square Enix will release an uncompleted game when this generation saw the release of games like The Master Chief Collection, another title where the franchise is so revered that no one thought they would release it in the condition it was in and stayed in for months upon months.

That was rushed because Microsoft needed something to release in time for the holidays in 2014.

You might think they are shitty, but how many broken games has Square-Enix released from their Japanese studios? Given that this has had 10 years of on an off development, I really doubt they are going to release a broken mess now, instead of just delaying the game again. Especially since there is nothing special about coming out in September.

Having the game so incomplete 3.5 months from launch just sounds like bullshit, given that the game has 2 months or so before it goes gold. They should be entering playtesting soon (if not already) if they are going to make that release date.

artsi

If the game really was in so bad state why would they release in September instead of pushing it to November / December, and still make it in time for holidays.

I haven't read the story leaks (don't intend to) but the development stuff sounds sketchy.

Some good bs in there but the two hours playable sorta ruined any believability. No way you'd not delay a game considering so little is playable 3 months from launch. SE has already learned from FFXIV 1.0, they're not going to bury any goodwill by releasing a game held together by scotch tape and gum.

Some of this sounds plausible, but the "2 hours playable" thing and a lot of other performance information really doesn't. Sounds like a lot of exaggeration if nothing else.

Burbeting

Banned
If the game really was in so bad state why would they release in September instead of pushing it to November / December, and still make it in time for holidays.

I haven't read the story leaks (don't intend to) but the development stuff sounds sketchy.

Well there are the rumors that Sony wants a neo mode out of all games from October onwards.

"Forward compatibility patches are for old games only: Sony really wants Neo support on all games from October onwards."

So maybe Square doesn't want to create a neo mode for the game, and is rushing it out at the last possible moment. Obviously rumors but..

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...ion-4k-neo-and-the-original-ps4-will-co-exist

Socivol

So I was just thinking about this and it seems like it would be a bit weird for SE to add all of the additional language support if they can't even get the English dub completed.

This is still doing the rounds? There's so much bull in there I can't believe anyone is taking it remotely seriously. Whoever wrote it clearly has no understanding of the development process and timeframes.

Maebe

Considering the development troubles this game seems to have went through I can see the plot becoming that simplistic.

kswiston

This is still doing the rounds? There's so much bull in there I can't believe anyone is taking it remotely seriously. Whoever wrote it clearly has no understanding of the development process and timeframes.

Dude guessed a demo reel title, and is now treated like he's Tabata or something.

I am not 100% convinced that FFXV will live up to the quality of the non-FF13 Final Fantasies, but none of the development stuff makes much sense given what we have seen over the last two+ years of this game being in full development and the game's release date.

Some of the other stuff about summons and typical JRPG towns could have been made up by anyone.

I am sure that the story will sort of be shit, but it's Final Fantasy. None of them had particularly amazing sounding scenarios if you just list the plot beats in bullet form. I am hoping the characters are more likeable than FF13 though.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Man if this is true....

Final Fantasy fans practically kill each other every time a new main entry is released. 12, 13, and 14 were all incredibly polarizing and caused some really ugly infighting among FF "fans".

15 could make those releases look positively pleasant in comparison. Should be fun to watch the shit show unfold. I just hope this doesn't kill the series for good.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
XVI not happening if XV doesn't sell very well
is pretty laughable.
Also a lot of this is information that a tester wouldn't get in the slightest, and the poster is claiming to be a western tester for the game, not a S-E internal developer.. sooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom