• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Dev Menu - A Nintendo Portugal fail

jax

Banned
Hilarious X-D

First thing I noticed was the amount of space too.

Edit* From my second page post to the first...so front page readers can see it..lol

source.gif

I mean......she even cups the balls...hahahaha. I'm pretty sure that was on purpose...and why they're laughing so hard. Look at the guy's reaction.

Pretty obvious she's grabbing the bottom of the "Soda Bottle"

Peterthumpa

Jesus, what a horrible ad. The music stinks, the ad is awfully long, and there are more cringe moments than ever. Thank GOD the Super Bowl ad is a million times better.

Coreda

I sometimes catch myself doing this with important research files. Haven't fucked up yet though because i'm mad paranoid.

Someone point me towards a better naming/organizing method. I implore you.

You could name them by date using the standard ISO 8601 format (YYYY-MM-DD). Makes them naturally sortable. Can use additional numbers for modifications during the same day, and leaves room for comments in parentheses.

My file (2016-12-10)
My file (2017-01-25) - 1 (comment here)
My file (2017-01-25) - 2
My file (2017-02-01)

Aaand gone.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
That most important info I got from those screeshots is that the devkit has an option to "ensure network clock availability" which I guess means it gets the time from the network. Finally, a Nintendo console that won't display incorrect time after a few months.

Drag your GameCube out of storage, plug that bad boy in.. because years and years later the time still seems to be correct...

or at least mine is when I check every 5 or so years.

michalson

Neo Member
Didn't know where to post it (i can't start a new thread), but Nintendo Switch will have a day one mandatory software update and won't work without it. The info is legit.
Wii U-super-5-hour-to-download update case again?

Source

Hoo-doo

Banned
Research doc 001
Research doc 002
Research doc 003
Research doc 004
Research doc 005

And done.

This is basically what I do now, and it sucks. A naming revision causes a complete clusterfuck in numbers.

Try puting the date in the filename. Use Year, Month, Day format. 201702017Research.docx or Research_2017_02_01.docx.

You could name them by date using the standard ISO 8601 format (YYYY-MM-DD). Makes them naturally sortable. Can use additional numbers for modifications during the same day, and leaves room for comments in parentheses.

My file (2016-12-10)
My file (2017-01-25) - 1 (comment here)
My file (2017-01-25) - 2
My file (2017-02-01)

Now this is good advice. Thanks.

-shadow-

Didn't know where to post it (i can't start a new thread), but Nintendo Switch will have a day one mandatory software update and won't work without it. The info is legit.

Source
What the hell were people doing? Mine updated in just under half an hour :/

Persona7

Banned

Source

I read something about SD card support being limited until you download a day one update.

VegaShinra

Source

How do you know the info is legit?

Also a firmware update on Day 1 doesn't mean it'll be as massive as Wii U. Wii U lacked basic features at launch that the firmware update added.

Kanhir

I read something about SD card support being limited until you download a day one update.

Yeah, they said you need the update to use SDXC cards.

The console is portable, though, so I can't imagine Nintendo would give you something you can't use until you reach decent wi-fi. I'm guessing it's more that you can't access digital stuff like the eShop until you update.

Top Bottom