• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game announced for PS4, XO, NS, Steam

Coming September 22nd

Trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l33IYMlyOOA

That's two big LEGO games super close together.

Geek.com has a bit more info:
The LEGO NINJAGo Movie Video Game will have eight levels that are featured in The LEGO NINJAGO Movie. Users can play as several young heroes who must stop the fiendish Lord Garmadon and his Shark Army from taking over their home island. They can achieve their ultimate goal by using “Ninjagility.” This allows the characters to wall-run, high-jump, and fight the bad guys in true ninja fashion. You can see some of the ninja-tastic action in the trailer below.

Every location in the game will have its own Challenge Dojo. Here, players will fight off increasingly powerful opponents. There will also be Battle Maps where players can fight against each other in four different game modes. This feature supports local split-screen for up to four players. Local co-op on a title like this seems like a no-brainer, so its great that it has been included.

https://www.geek.com/games/the-lego...film-tie-in-worthy-of-your-attention-1705486/

panda-zebra

Not entirely sure what kind of game it'll be from that trailer other than not the usual Lego game, but keep turning that handle to churn them out and I'll keep picking them up when they're cheap.

DrDerekDrs

Neo Member
D'aw! This is the last thing I was working on before I left TT Fusion. It's nice to see that it's been announced now.

D'aw! This is the last thing I was working on before I left TT Fusion. It's nice to see that it's been announced now.

Congrats!

So this is by TT Fusion as with LEGO City Undercover? Awesome.

Thought there had to be multiple teams going due to LEGO Marvel 2 launching so close to this
and surely a LEGO Star Wars: The Last Jedi is in preproduction at least

DrDerekDrs

Neo Member
Congrats!

So this is by TT Fusion as with LEGO City Undercover? Awesome.

Thought there had to be multiple teams going due to LEGO Marvel 2 launching so close to this
and surely a LEGO Star Wars: The Last Jedi is in preproduction at least

Yeah, those guys, although a lot of the staff is different these days. For a start, I'm not there. ;)

As for SPOILER, I couldn't say either way. But it's weird being on the outside now as I'm really kinda' looking forward to seeing what Fusion put out...

vanilla-ice-dancing-groupgif.gif

bumpkin

Guessing this began development as a level pack for Lego Dimensions.
It's a bummer that it didn't stay a level/story pack. I was really hoping they'd keep good on their three year promise for Dimensions, but all signs indicate that they're abandoning ship and ending the product early. Sucks, I really enjoyed Dimensions. It was the perfect game to play (and build) with my nephews and niece
and inner child

It's a bummer that it didn't stay a level/story pack. I was really hoping they'd keep good on their three year promise for Dimensions, but all signs indicate that they're abandoning ship and ending the product early. Sucks, I really enjoyed Dimensions. It was the perfect game to play (and build) with my nephews and niece
and inner child

At least they're still delivering all the content they announced last year, which I don't think Disney Infinity was able to do.

lmao there's a Ninjago movie on the way? every kid under eight I know is going to go nuts for that
There was a trailer for it before Lego Batman and it actually looks like it'll be as good as the two Lego movies before it.
I hope the game is equally decent in the modern Lego games tradition. They're so great to just chill with.

Might have to buy. My daughter loves Ninjago. She wasn't too happy with the idea of the new movie not using the same art style as the show. I was trying to tell her the movie looks way better in quality. She wasn't having it. It looked different, so it was bad, lol.

Kids.

Shiggy

Switch is having a LEGO run:

LEGO Ninjago Movie - September 22
LEGO Worlds - November
LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 - December

LEGO Worlds - November

Is the switch version coming later? A bit of space from Pokemon would actually suit me lol but everywhere I'm looking (including my Preorder) is saying Nov 14th?

Shiggy

Is the switch version coming later? A bit of space from Pokemon would actually suit me lol but everywhere I'm looking (including my Preorder) is saying Nov 14th?

Yeah:
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2 will be available starting in the UK on the 17 th of November 2017 for PlayStation ®4, Xbox One, and PC. The game will be released for Nintendo Switch™ this Christmas.
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...s_2_Official_Announcement_TrailerRevealed.php

Cheers dude that's really helpful. I double checked and my preorder for the switch version is showing as the 17th. I was trying to figure what the logistics of buying that and a couple of copies of Pokemon that same week were going to be, that'll give some nice breathing room haha

And yea, really nice support by the Lego franchises, we bought them all on the Wii U too. It'll be interesting to see how Worlds runs, it was a pretty heavy power hog on the PC during early access.

Turnstyle

Great news, this will be one to look out for. While I appreciate that the Lego games are pretty saturated, they're great for young players, who rarely seem to be catered to these days.

My son has played Lego City Undercover to death - such a fantastic game.

Really amazed they never bothered putting out a Lego Batman Movie tie-in - seemed like an obvious choice.

Ah, right.

Never got into the Lego Dimensions stuff, even though it would be a hit in our house. Put off by the cost and all those packs...

Yeaaa. We bought it but honestly, we love most of the other games, and kind of found it lacking. The kid ended up just playing with the minifigures as actual minifigures and all three of us agreed the game was lacking. And it was a huge extra cost over the regular games. I feel bad for folks that bought in if this game for example really has been cut from Dimensions and they're abandoning it, but at the same time I think they had a much better thing going before. I thought the games that dropped during the Dimensions stuff were a bit rougher too.

oti

Banned

LEGO Worlds - November

Yeah, it's great. These are quality games albeit repetitive if you play them one after another. But great additions to the library.

Now I'll have to decide which Lego game to get my cousin for Christmas. He loves Super Heroes but also Ninjago. 🤔

Top Bottom