• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Korea's foreign minister says Trump's latest statement was "declaration of war"

@AP BREAKING: North Korea's foreign minister says Trump's latest statement was "a declaration of war" against his country.

AFP news agency@AFP
More
#BREAKING North Korea threatens to shoot down US bombers

@NBCNews
BREAKING: N. Korea Foreign Minister says President Trump's words were declaration of war, says country has right to shoot down U.S. bombers

Zeke Miller‏ @ZekeJMiller
More
UNITED NATIONS (AP) - North Korea minister says with US declaration of war it can shoot down US bombers in international airspace.

I don't think that North Korea got the message that Hillary was the war hawk. We voted for Republicans and therefore peace.

Who forgot to send the memo this time?

rtcn63

When it comes to North Korea, you don't fuck with the NBA

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprodmigration%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F754f0e8a-3af2-3c40-b046-92c7eeeca2ad.jpg

darkwing

meh if stock markets go spiraling down, that is when you know shit is going down

right now, these are just tied dogs barking

This issue this time isn't going to go away. Previously with NK it's been an exercise in ignoring the maniac.

Am hoping the US can calm this situation down. It's getting serious, having folks in charge who dictate policy via Twitter doesn't help.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
These idiots have zero respect for Mario.

God damn, I really hope they're wiggling their dicks around and that's it.

Lunar15

Haven't they said this countless times before?

North Korea gains nothing from going to war, even out of desperation or insanity. They gain zero things. They have to keep doing this to maintain the illusion of control over their people (Ironically, this is what Trump is doing as well)

Trump's just an idiot that's opened them up to be able to do more saber rattling and post more propaganda.

Garjon

I keep telling myself that nothing will come of all this bluster but more sanctions but this does look like further escalation and the two idiots in charge of both countries seem to want to go to full blown war purely to preserve their manhood. I hope the 'rational' part of me is correct.

smisk

Read a great New Yorker piece on NK over the weekend. Biggest takeaway was how little the two countries understand each other - the reporter interviewed some high level people in the NK govt and they kept misinterpreting Trump's tweets etc.
Overall I got the impression that NK is more bark than bite, but also very unpredictable so who knows.

Qvoth

doubt kim and NK actually have the balls to make the 1st move
probably going to send a few more missiles to the sea and that's about it

phanphare

Banned
so we legit started a war with some fucking twitter beef?

2017 yall, it's been fun I'd like to die in peace now. I've seen enough.

Joezie

So in other words, North Korea won't do anything again.

"We have the right to shoot down US Bombers", one of those classical face saving statements that allows them the usual wiggle room for when they inevitably do nothing.

Shredderi

Hasn't NK declared a war on US many times by now, so who are they to talk about others declaring a war on them? Not that I want any of that happening, but seems a bit pretentious of them.

sflufan

Banned
Technically, the United States and the RoK are still in a "state of war" with the DPRK since the truce was signed in 1953.

mj1108

Why can't everybody just chill the fuck out and leave each other alone?

Can’t do that. Donnie needs to distract from Russia and all the other bullshit he’s doing so he needs a war.

Also, defense contractors believe they are overdue for a payday.

g11

Why can't everybody just chill the fuck out and leave each other alone?

Because empty bluster is what both Trump and North Korea do. This is going to be months and months of toeing the line with nothing happening (thankfully) in the end.

KoopaTheCasual

\
AFP news agency@AFP
More
#BREAKING North Korea threatens to shoot down US bombers

@NBCNews
BREAKING: N. Korea Foreign Minister says President Trump's words were declaration of war, says country has right to shoot down U.S. bombers
This is the troubling part. Since we're doing drills near their border, this is less yawn-inducing then the standard saber rattling.

These drills are gonna be tense to follow. Whether the US makes any "adjustments" to not incur North Korean retaliation will be something to look for.

Top Bottom