• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brazil is in beast mode (football).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realeza

Banned
It's like a completely different team from the worst Brazil in history (the one from the previous world cup). The South American qualifiers are tight as fuck for everybody, except for Brazil who have been trashing everybody getting in their way. Just today they disrespected Uruguay at their own home (1-4).

I haven't been paying much attention to the European teams, but should they be scared of Brazil now that they are in top form? What are other teams likely to go far in the World Cup next year?

FelipeMGM

The example of how good Brazil is atm is that Paulinho scored 3 goals today

Also, in his last 6 games for Brazil Neymar has scored 5 goals and made 6 assists, a complete beast

tim.mbp

It will be Germany, Brazil, France, Spain, and Argentina as favorites. Belgium as everyone's favorite 'dark horse'.

clemenx

Banned
They have been playing amazing, somewhere since last year they found form.

It's good to have them back tbh. It was dreadful to see them play so bad as they were.

longdi

Banned
Nay, they will get exposed by a top Euro team. SA qualifiers may be tight, but that is also beacause the teams are tactically poor and lack good spying network and prematch preparations.

It's like a completely different team from the worst Brazil in history (the one from the previous world cup). The South American qualifiers are tight as fuck for everybody, except for Brazil who have been trashing everybody getting in their way. Just today they disrespected Uruguay at their own home (1-4).

I haven't been paying much attention to the European teams, but should they be scared of Brazil now that they are in top form? What are other teams likely to go far in the World Cup next year?

If Trump is still in office the U.S. might have a chance to go deep.

spelen

the answer is a simple NO. no EU team qualifying for the WC should be scared since the games are more than a year away and someone is liable to get hurt b4 before or during the tourney it always happens. teams go through hot and cold streaks. it's all about being in form when it counts which is next year

EBreda

Worst Brazil in history? Really? World Cup semi finalist?

Worst loss in a WC is very different from worst form ever. Brazil has had much worse form many times before (as in when Lazzaroni coached them, to name one ).

Brazil is in beast mode , you're right, and possibly is the best playing team in the world right now. Of course EU teams should be on notice. Spain sucks right now, England has sucked for forever, Netherlands didn't even get to Euro, that leaves Germany and no one else (Portugal with its 6 draws 1 victory Euro run is nothing more than a mediocre effort). Belgium always finds a way to disappoint and Italy is an aging squad with some fine players but are no favorites. France one ofthe best, coaching sucks though.

Brazil is winning effortlessly despite of the injuries. It has a top tier team in terms of talent and coaching. Neymar is in the best form of his life and is a contender for n.1 . Russia is a neutral field and my money is on Brazil right now.

Chile worries me more tbh (one of my dark horses). Right now I would still rather see us play against Brazil in a knockout game than Chile.

But the WC is in Europe next year, so a European team will probably win again.

clemenx

Banned
Yeah, South American teams can't gauge their strength against such teams like Moldova, Cyprus, Finland, Lithuania. You name it. So they suck.

This "debate" is as old as time. I don't get why Euros always have to disparage Conmebol qualifiers when the groups for UEFA qualifiers are always as balanced as League of Legends. No one from Group E for example would qualify in Conmebol.

Tagyhag

They're doing a lot better than before but I still don't believe they're FIFA ready.

If they faced Germany right now, they would lose.

Tagyhag

what a difference a year makes.

Brazil was on the brink of not qualifying.
Dunga gets sacked.

Tite turned things around

Yep, you can have all the talent in the world but that means jack if your manager is bad.

Tite took a whole year off to study modern soccer, that must have paid off.

Tite doing his magic.

I agree completely, it's a shame the Brazilian Confederation chose Dunga (lol) over him a few years ago, they could've been something else and avoid embarassing themselves in the last Copa América.

I'm sort of glad to see them playing this well, you can only expect so much from players who're not playing in the top leagues like Paulinho, who was a beast today (and then there's those who play for trash teams, like Coutinho and Firmino). Even their bench had quite some good players waiting for their turn to play! I'm excited to see how they fare in the next World Cup.

Yep, you can have all the talent in the world but that means jack if your manager is bad.
Like Belgium. I have absolutely no faith in Roberto Martinez, but the squad he has to work with has incredible depth and talent.

They're playing really well. Shame they're not in the Confederations Cup this Summer. Could have been a good test to see how far they've come.

Maxrunner

Worst Brazil in history? Really? World Cup semi finalist?

Worst loss in a WC is very different from worst form ever. Brazil has had much worse form many times before (as in when Lazzaroni coached them, to name one ).

Brazil is in beast mode , you're right, and possibly is the best playing team in the world right now. Of course EU teams should be on notice. Spain sucks right now, England has sucked for forever, Netherlands didn't even get to Euro, that leaves Germany and no one else (Portugal with its 6 draws 1 victory Euro run is nothing more than a mediocre effort). Belgium always finds a way to disappoint and Italy is an aging squad with some fine players but are no favorites. France one ofthe best, coaching sucks though.

Brazil is winning effortlessly despite of the injuries. It has a top tier team in terms of talent and coaching. Neymar is in the best form of his life and is a contender for n.1 . Russia is a neutral field and my money is on Brazil right now.

The best possible thing that Portugal can hope for is that mentality from the other teams.

I see that they are the first non Russian team to qualify for the 2018 FIFA WC and they won the olympic gold medal in 2016 over Germany. Maybe 7-1 and the subsequent 3-0, at home, is the ass whooping they needed to get back to form?

May be 7-1 is actually when we entered the alternative universe when Brexit and President Trump happened.
Germany beating Brazil is not shocking at all. Maybe the margin was but... eh, Brazil played like shit that game.

Nice to see them doing well though, just hope they get a rematch with Germany at some point, that'd be magical.

yyzjohn

Banned
The World Cup is a LONG way away in football terms. I wouldn't take anything out of what form a team is in more than a year away from a tournament. If Brazil is playing like this next March then you can get excited.

The World Cup is a LONG way away in football terms. I wouldn't take anything out of what form a team is in more than a year away from a tournament. If Brazil is playing like this next March then you can get excited.

Tite is one of the best coaches in the world. You should expect no less from him.

I don't mean to say that Brazil is going to win the next cup, but at least they have an organized team and are capable of playing something now.

Hopeford

Man, Tite's Brazil is beautiful to watch play. Were Brazil's last few coaches underwhelming or is he just like, actually really really good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom