• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best way to use a DS4 on an X1?

ViciousDS

Banned
It's been awhile since I really got into these products but I hate the accuracy of the sticks on the X1 controllers. Even the elite didn't fix my feelings for the dead zones. I remember using a Cronus max when the systems first launched. Have we got a product now that doesn't require an extra controller for authetification anymore?

Sorry for the stupid question

L.O.R.D

Brook super converter is said better then cronusmax,but you can use the same dongle verse versa to use X1 controller on PS4,you have to buy separate dongle.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Brooks is the simplest for just DS4 to X1.

I personally use a Cronus still but that is because I still live on my Wii U Pro controller

Kaydan

Banned
It's been awhile since I really got into these products but I hate the accuracy of the sticks on the X1 controllers. Even the elite didn't fix my feelings for the dead zones. I remember using a Cronus max when the systems first launched. Have we got a product now that doesn't require an extra controller for authetification anymore?

Ds4 over Xbox controller? You're crazy. But yes, Cronusmax is still the go to.

MilkyJoe

Of to Arkham with you, buddy.

giphy.gif

Toni

FOr me it depends on the game.

For games that I need to use R1/L1 (RB/LB) a lot, I like the DS4 a lot better. (Souls games, MGSV to name some)

If ever get an Xbox, this is something I genuinely see myself doing as I hate the placement of the analog sticks, the clicky feel of the shoulder buttons and the bad d-pad.

Duxxy3

Brook.

But the newer controllers have good bumpers. They're pretty good, even for souls games. The old controller would have been terrible for souls games. But I can see why you'd still prefer the DS4 for those games.

watdaeff4

If ever get an Xbox, this is something I genuinely see myself doing as I hate the placement of the analog sticks, the clicky feel of the shoulder buttons and the bad d-pad.

I prefer the XB stick placement (again, this is all just personal preference though). It's the RB/LB buttons that annoy me the most. Using the Elite helps with this for me in some games - by changing these functions to the paddles - but I still don't like it if I have to use them tremendously. I have Bloodborne, but have the Dark Souls trilogy on Xbox, and the DS4 is 100% better suited for those games. (have MGSV for both and DS4 is better for it too)

IMO - it's (the xbox controller) by far better for racing and shooters.

Brook.

But the newer controllers have good bumpers. They're pretty good, even for souls games. The old controller would have been terrible for souls games. But I can see why you'd still prefer the DS4 for those games.
I broke the RB on my Lunar controller on a Dark Souls playthrough.

The last Xbox controller I got (replacing the Lunar) was a Gears 4 one last fall. It still sucked (for me) playing through DSIII with it. But again, I was spoiled (my opinion) by previously playing through Bloodborne.

Duxxy3

I prefer the XB stick placement (again, this is all just personal preference though). It's the RB/LB buttons that annoy me the most. Using the Elite helps with this for me in some games - by changing these functions to the paddles - but I still don't like it if I have to use them tremendously. I have Bloodborne, but have the Dark Souls trilogy on Xbox, and the DS4 is 100% better suited for those games. (have MGSV for both and DS4 is better for it too)

IMO - it's (the xbox controller) by far better for racing and shooters.

I broke the RB on my Lunar controller on a Dark Souls playthrough.

The last Xbox controller I got (replacing the Lunar) was a Gears 4 one last fall. It still sucked (for me) playing through DSIII with it. But again, I was spoiled (my opinion) by previously playing through Bloodborne.

Yeah, I wish the bumpers had a little more squish to them. Doesn't seems like it would be hard to change either.

ViciousDS

Banned
Brook.

its not the controller design itself, its the feeling of the sticks.......there is something off.

I literally could play CoD against the exact same people and rock a 2.6 K/D on a DS4 vs a 1.4 on the X1 controller. There is a deadzone gap that still hasn't been fixed even in the newest controllers and the sticks don't have the tightness that I preferred in the 360 ones. Most players don't/won't notice it, but it bugs the shit out of me. The Deadzone curve doesn't matter on the elite when there is a gap in every controller. I'd rather have a super tight controller that eventually drifts then leave a but of fairplay to make sure it doesn't drift in the long run.

Duxxy3

its not the controller design itself, its the feeling of the sticks.......there is something off.

I literally could play CoD against the exact same people and rock a 2.6 K/D on a DS4 vs a 1.4 on the X1 controller. There is a deadzone gap that still hasn't been fixed even in the newest controllers and the sticks don't have the tightness that I preferred in the 360 ones. Most players don't/won't notice it, but it bugs the shit out of me. The Deadzone curve doesn't matter on the elite when there is a gap in every controller. I'd rather have a super tight controller that eventually drifts then leave a but of fairplay to make sure it doesn't drift in the long run.

It's the height of the sticks that determined the resistance on the controller. If the sticks were lower, they would feel like dualshock 4 sticks. Which, IMO, is what they should have done. They are a bit loose, but I'm just used to them at this point.

Dlacy13g

What's the best way to use a DS4 on an X1?..... Plug your PS4 "HDMI Out" into the "HDMI In" on your Xbox One.

....Yes I know, not that helpful ...

Top Bottom