• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy doing a Summer "Cyber Monday" Sale including games stuff

yess an eshop card deal!

Hey, I was wondering.. if we ordered two eshop cards at the same time, would we get two $10 eshop cards as bonus, or only one?

Moshio

Neo Member
How is the online in The Show? I seem to always here about issues each year at launch, and that would be the main mode I would play.

NattyBo

Neo Member
Thanks for the heads up. Just bought a second PS4 Gold Headset so my kid and I can play games online easier. I already have one, but he's been using iPhone earbuds and the like. Also got Destiny 2 pre-ordered (I know, I know, never pre-order games) for $50 instead of $60, so I feel pretty good.

Holy shit. I just recently acquired my first Playstation console ever. I'm having a field day with this sale. Bought Nioh, Bloodborne,Uncharted 1-3, and Horizon! I bought the Last of Us last week and am loving it.

Got a gold Dual Shock 4.

I have plenty to play into next month where I have a lot of stuff preordered, so I'll hold off on Nioh for now.

every time I see ps4 controllers on sale i want to buy them, even though I have a 20th anniversary one still in the box and two controllers that work relatively fine

did they ever fix that problem where you can't get HDR on your TV if you have a PSVR hooked up?

Nope. I believe that's a hardware issue anyway so there's probably no fix coming.

Also, it's not just no HDR. The screen constantly flickers and goes black while connected through the PSVR box.

galvatron

Would have been tempted to start Injustice 2 with the sale, but Abigail comes to SFV tomorrow and should take up most of my fighting game time.

Also trying to hold out for Black Friday on a LG 65" C7, but this is the lowest price I've seen from Best Buy on the set...

jrDev

Damn, just bought Kingdom Hearts Collection, dunno if I should pick up Horizon too since I have so much to play, currently Splatoon 2 and Kingdom Hearts...would it be this cheap come Black Friday I assume or cheaper?

Damn, just bought Kingdom Hearts Collection, dunno if I should pick up Horizon too since I have so much to play, currently Splatoon 2 and Kingdom Hearts...would it be this cheap come Black Friday I assume or cheaper?

Probably cheaper. Horizon is one of those games that screams "$15 on Black Friday" deal

BHK3

Banned
Everything is gonna be $15-$20 flat come black Friday, you can always wait.

reKon

Banned
Horizon is so cheap for the quality of game and game play time that you get, damn. I paid $40ish for mine around launch thanks to that VISA $25 off $100 deal a while ago. This game is well worth it at $60.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
hmmmm i have a $5 certificate too
horizon ZD is pretty tempting at $18.99, good lord

BUT im playing like 6 games right now and i need my plate to be clear by the time October rolls around T__T

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
bleh, im opting to wait on Horizon simply because i can't justify it with the enormous backlog i already have.

lt519

At $20, MLB is totally worth it even if you're just going to play its retro mode. Anyone who grew up playing Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball on the SNES will appreciate it.

Really cause that's like one of my favorite games of all time. You play Super Mega Baseball yet?

Hesh

Dang, I bought MLB 17 The Show last week when it was on sale for $30 when I renewed my GCU and it's gone down even further. Luckily BB's price match process is relatively pain-free so that's cool.

Tempted to get Horizon since that's gone down another $10, too, but I'm wondering if they'll release a GOTY edition in the Fall that has the DLC packed-in since I'd rather wait for that.

Horizon is a great price at 23.99 with GCU but charging 3.99 for shipping I just can't justify spending 4 bucks for shipping..would go to the store(Since they have the additional 5 bucks off for best buy members but have to take two buses to get to the closest best buy

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Horizon is a great price at 23.99 with GCU but charging 3.99 for shipping I just can't justify spending 4 bucks for shipping..would go to the store(Since they have the additional 5 bucks off for best buy members but have to take two buses to get to the closest best buy

I thought GCU included 2-Day Shipping without extra cost. No?

Edit: I'm wrong, but...
Orders $35 and up* ship right to your door for free. Depending on item availability, all or part of your order may be delivered within 2 days.

I guess if that's the only item you're buying, I can see maybe holding off on your purchase.

BondFancy

Not part of the sale, but might use my GCU $5 off coupon on Persona 5. Is it worth $35? I won't be playing it most likely until early next year, will I likely find it cheaper in 2018, or just pick it up now?

Here's how you get free shipping.

Add Horizon to your cart. Add something else that puts you over the $35 limit and set that item to be In Store Pickup. Don't pick it up and it will get canceled, but Horizon will ship for free because your total order hit the $35 minimum.

I thought GCU included 2-Day Shipping without extra cost. No?

Edit: I'm wrong, but...
Orders $35 and up* ship right to your door for free. Depending on item availability, all or part of your order may be delivered within 2 days.

I guess if that's the only item you're buying, I can see maybe holding off on your purchase.

I didn't get charged for shipping. I could have picked up in store but I figured it was going to be a busy week at work.

SlickVic

Not part of the sale, but might use my GCU $5 off coupon on Persona 5. Is it worth $35? I won't be playing it most likely until early next year, will I likely find it cheaper in 2018, or just pick it up now?

I'm over a hundred hours deep into it now and still not at the end. It's easily worth $35, unless you're just not a fan of Persona or JRPG's.

Anyways, in for Injustice 2. Only DLC characters I'm interested in for now is Starfire and maybe Enchantress if the leaked list turns out to be accurate, so don't really feel compelled to wait for the complete edition.

BondFancy

I'm over a hundred hours deep into it now and still not at the end. It's easily worth $35, unless you're just not a fan of Persona or JRPG's.

Knowing that the coupon expires in August I will probably bite. Still have to go through KH 1.5 + 2.5, Nier, Tales of Zesteria, Tales of Besteria, Bloodbourne, Dragon Quest Heros 2, and FFXV. It's gonna take me a long time to get to this lol

An unintended benefit from buying all that eShop money was that I got 600 reward points since I bought them with my Best Buy Visa card. That's will push me over the edge to get another $20 certificate so that's nice.

SlickVic

Knowing that the coupon expires in August I will probably bite. Still have to go through KH 1.5 + 2.5, Nier, Tales of Zesteria, Tales of Besteria, Bloodbourne, Dragon Quest Heros 2, and FFXV. It's gonna take me a long time to get to this lol

Heh sounds like you're doing it in the reverse order as me as I'm planning to play Berseria, FFXV, Bloodborne, and FFXII after finishing Persona 5. Already took a mini-break from P5 to play through Nier because I didn't want to wait anymore to play it (glad I did).

Yukinari

Does the 5 dollars off coupon stack with GCU?

Wait what the hell my coupon isnt in my account. I didnt claim it when i saw it.

Top Bottom