• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Aiii

So not worth it
There needs to be a gacha support group lol.

This time though I'm drawing a line in the sand. One multi on the banner if it takes stones, that is IT.

Sure thing.

You could do what I do, sometimes, which is taking the money you wanted to buy stines with and buying a video game on Steam or another storefront instead.

For instance, instead of buying stones and getting shitty SR's, I bought Factorio instead. I am 100+ hours into that game by now, and without any feeling of shame and regret, it is great.

Buy games, not stones. The official new motto of this thread.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Just incredibly lucky... And unlucky at times. I got Black with a multipull after 4 single pulls. So 70 stones, half of them I got with the stones given to people with high ranks. As for Black, he's easy to feed with SA considering the TEQ Black dropped at the first level has a 50% chance to raise his SA.

But for the record, I wasted a shiton of stones to not get Super Vegito. I also pulled Phy Broly with a single pull. Also wasted a lot of stones to not get Buuhan and Omega Shenron. Same for SSGSS Kaioken Goku. Basically, the game can be nice or mean to you :")

Yeah I guess, I got omega, ss3 gt vegeta, syn, teq/agl golden freezas and all apes cept turles without even really trying.
Now I've been chasing broly and I still haven't gotten him.

Sure thing.

You could do what I do, sometimes, which is taking the money you wanted to buy stines with and buying a video game on Steam or another storefront instead.

For instance, instead of buying stones and getting shitty SR's, I bought Factorio instead. I am 100+ hours into that game by now, and without any feeling of shame and regret, it is great.

Buy games, not stones. The official new motto of this thread.

Indeed, I agree with you there. I definitely try to set limits in terms of what I do with my stones to avoid the downward spirals of summoning to get nothing.

Luckily I'll only buy stones on sale. The DBZ fan in me will chip in that much. Till then, maybe I'll have a look at Factorio lol.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Indeed, I agree with you there. I definitely try to set limits in terms of what I do with my stones to avoid the downward spirals of summoning to get nothing.

Luckily I'll only buy stones on sale. The DBZ fan in me will chip in that much. Till then, maybe I'll have a look at Factorio lol.

Yeah I think I've only spent like...€60? I only started playing in late december
I'm generally free to play but I spent some money on the last sale; I don't mind spending some money on things I enjoy, 60 bucks every couple months seems like a fine way to show support imo.

The only LR with a strictly better LS at this point is LR Gohan, who is pretty low on the "I can get this unit" scale. His LS is better than Piccolo's, Frieza's and is about equal to Ginyu's depending on the support/synergy ginyu's team has. Not to mention people just beat the new SS3 Goku event with 2x Gogeta leads, his LS isn't as obsolete as one would think.

His bad links also really only matter on rainbow type teams, mono teq is based around fixed rotation synergy anyway.

Err Ginyu's buff to all types by 77% per stat makes LR Goku obsolete. Also if Ki isn't an issue then Frieza has the much better buff of +7k attack to all. Androids basically is super ville. Though its all about synergy and stuff.

I say LR Goku has the worst personally due to the other LRs falling into niches of monos or heroes/villain teams.

Anyways I ended up getting Full Power Frieza so another 10 medals to farm. No Black this time around for me I guess but you never know if they might add him to the ticket banner even if they didn't for JP.

Fun fact about FP Frieza, he does 20k to mono STR with Omega on the field which is retarded.

BTW anyone want my JP account? I just log in to get the bonus and then never play. I'm rank 151 and almost to 152. Not a lot of money thanks to awakening units.

TEQ is weak but STR is godly with SSJ4 Goku plus I have SSB Vegito and Rose Black. AGL is pretty damn strong too. INT is meh and PHY is amazing.

Just shoot me a PM.

Xanru

Err Ginyu's buff to all types by 77% per stat makes LR Goku obsolete. Also if Ki isn't an issue then Frieza has the much better buff of +7k attack to all. Androids basically is super ville. Though its all about synergy and stuff.

I say LR Goku has the worst personally due to the other LRs falling into niches of monos or heroes/villain teams.

Ginyu's buff comes at the lack of ki, Frieza's too. Ginyu as an entire unit is better than LR Goku undoubtedly, Frieza too, and Ginyu's passive offsets the lack of ki on his leader, but speaking in terms of leaders only, Ginyu and LR Goku break even. Frieza's LS is strictly worse, the lack of ki puts heavier strain on team building. A vast majority of a units utility and damage is locked behind SA's, not supering kills your potential, +6 starting ki is a massive relief for teams.

Androids are excessive, there's never a point where you need 7 to 8 starting ki from leaders, especially since ki links make up the rest, damage is more preferred. The Androids are actually far worse off than LR Goku tbh, worse passive, worse stats, and ki link overload, with at least 2 being completely unique, granted their links are overall more beneficial for bridging, they end up being outclassed in every niche you'd find for them. Villain teams are usually packed with units that hit harder on average, pack more utility, or both. On mono agl they're too orb hungry, and unlike LR Goku on mono teq, they don't have a top tier best friend that lets them become a powerhouse.

Conversely LR Goku is still the 3rd best hitter super TEQ has access too, not to mention their only off-tank, and still top 3~4 in mono teq period, though heavily outclassed in mono heroes due to his poor linkset.

Ginyu's buff comes at the lack of ki, Frieza's too. Ginyu as an entire unit is better than LR Goku undoubtedly, Frieza too, and Ginyu's passive offsets the lack of ki on his leader, but speaking in terms of leaders only, Ginyu and LR Goku break even. Frieza's LS is strictly worse, the lack of ki puts heavier strain on team building. A vast majority of a units utility and damage is locked behind SA's, not supering kills your potential, +6 starting ki is a massive relief for teams.

Androids are excessive, there's never a point where you need 7 to 8 starting ki from leaders, especially since ki links make up the rest, damage is more preferred. The Androids are actually far worse off than LR Goku tbh, worse passive, worse stats, and ki link overload, with at least 2 being completely unique, granted their links are overall more beneficial for bridging, they end up being outclassed in every niche you'd find for them. Villain teams are usually packed with units that hit harder on average, pack more utility, or both. On mono agl they're too orb hungry, and unlike LR Goku on mono teq, they don't have a top tier best friend that lets them become a powerhouse.

Conversely LR Goku is still the 3rd best hitter super TEQ has access too, not to mention their only off-tank, and still top 3~4 in mono teq period, though heavily outclassed in mono heroes due to his poor linkset.

For stuff like the recent dokkans and other super events, LR Goku's leader skill isn't optimal compared to the other LRs imho. He is still a great card if you SA 20 him and run him on mono TEQ. But rainbow or Heroes teams are just a big no as you mentioned.

I did a couple single summons... I didn't care about the tickets. But when do they give out the tickets?

Tickets should be given out by April 2nd. Maybe a bit earlier.

No ones using LR Ginyu for his leader skill.

Well if you somehow have no God lead or just wanna run mono extreme PHY without Cooler, Ginyu is the way to do it. Though Black is giving Ginyu some competition with that now lol.

No one uses the LRs for their leader skills for the most part except Gohan for mono INT or if you don't have Gogeta and need a rainbow Ki leader in LR Goku.

ffvorax

On saturday I decided to try one last pull on the Black banner and...

16798-0l4aO82.jpg

It should be a good card, I hope...

I then dokkaned it thx to the event still available!

For now no more pulls, waiting for next banner. It's nice the fact that with all the gifted stones and low number of pulls I do, I still am at 400... XD

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Thats the crappy fusion banner right? The next one with the Janemba and Buu combo is the one to pull on. Or was that Heroes banner?

This banner does have jenemba+buu. Heroes as the baby janemba.

MiTYH

Fusion banner is a big ol' skip for me. Saving for vegito blue/rose. Mostly rose, I need every character on that banner, assuming it stays the way JPN had it.

nowarning

Over the past few weeks I've farmed every super strike character to SA15, time to start going for LR Goku properly.

Looking forward to the ticket banner, bet I get a load of dupes though.

ffvorax

Over the past few weeks I've farmed every super strike character to SA15, time to start going for LR Goku properly.

Looking forward to the ticket banner, bet I get a load of dupes though.

In order to get SA15 you need to dokkan another of the same card with 5 SA? (because I tried with the not dokkaned card but it say 5% of success)

If that is the case is a nono for me right now, I still need bulma and the turtle medals to finish dokkaning of others cards.... :\

nowarning

In order to get SA15 you need to dokkan another of the same card with 5 SA? (because I tried with the not dokkaned card but it say 5% of success)

If that is the case is a nono for me right now, I still need bulma and the turtle medals to finish dokkaning of others cards.... :\

Yeah, you need to dokkan one with SA10 and one with SA5 or anything that adds up to 15 and feed one to the other

denebj

Neo Member
Fusion banner !! Cool, I can skip that guy ahahahah :)

I was able to get the LR piccolo to SA10 with the TEQ guy, the art is so good !!!! I think this is my favorite with the LR Gohan.

I am trying now to raise the other piccolo to SA10 so I have him at 20.

I an glad there is nothing else to do so I can do that until tomorrow :D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Black's at SA10 after feeding him 10 drops. Only a single one failed, he got to SA9 in 8 feeds.

I'm probably not even going to use him as I don't have much headway into a strong phys or extreme team.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I'm still trying to dokkan that free trunks from the event...I've had zero luck with vegeta medals, every time he drops an awakening medal it's just some random ass kai...wth?

I'm still trying to dokkan that free trunks from the event...I've had zero luck with vegeta medals, every time he drops an awakening medal it's just some random ass kai...wth?

That's weird. He dropped almost every time for me...now I've been 1 Gohan medal away for almost 2 stamina bars, but I know that's par for the course.

Syntsui

Is this a good time to come back to the game? I lost my old account and it seems they are not giving enough stones for a multi-pull anymore, so rerolling would be a gigantic pain in the ass. After playing a few hours, this is the team I managed to put together. Right now I only pulled on that guaranteed SSR for 5 stones one-time banner:

Should I keep playing with this team or will there be a special event that will give enough stones for a multi-pull from the start?

In case I keep going with what I have, what banner should I multi-pull once I get enough stones? Also, what quests/event should I focus right now?

Thanks in advance.

Is this a good time to come back to the game? I lost my old account and it seems they are not giving enough stones for a multi-pull anymore, so rerolling would be a gigantic pain in the ass. After playing a few hours, this is the team I managed to put together. Right now I only pulled on that guaranteed SSR for 5 stones one-time banner:

Should I keep playing with this team or will there be a special event that will give enough stones for a multi-pull from the start?

In case I keep going with what I have, what banner should I multi-pull once I get enough stones? Also, what quests/event should I focus right now?

Thanks in advance.

Well its too late for tickets for you. You can do a couple things at this point.

Option 1: Wait about 4 days for the SSB Vegito and Rose Black banner and reroll your account on that to get either of them.

Option 2: Use your current team and just hoard the hell out of stones until the day of the new banners. Then spend it all on the banners trying to get SSB Vegito or Rose Black.

Option 3: Get a lot of stones and pull on this current banner to get some strong PHY units while you wait for the next banner.

Option 2 might be the best option since you are already rank 13. However it seems like you didn't bother rerolling till you got PHY Broly who is a god lead. So maybe Option 1 might be the best one for you.

Syntsui

Well its too late for tickets for you. You can do a couple things at this point.

Option 1: Wait about 4 days for the SSB Vegito and Rose Black banner and reroll your account on that to get either of them.

Option 2: Use your current team and just hoard the hell out of stones until the day of the new banners. Then spend it all on the banners trying to get SSB Vegito or Rose Black.

Option 3: Get a lot of stones and pull on this current banner to get some strong PHY units while you wait for the next banner.

Option 2 might be the best option since you are already rank 13. However it seems like you didn't bother rerolling till you got PHY Broly who is a god lead. So maybe Option 1 might be the best one for you.

I'll hoard the stones and try to get SSB Vegito/Rose Black. If I fail, I'll reroll another one, so all things considered I won't invest too much time at the current account.

After all is said and done, what should be my priorities in regards to the game? Finish all the story quests ASAP or focus on specific events to farm some specific thing?

Edit: Quick update, considering i'm willing to reroll in case I don't get what you recommended, I decided to waste a pull hoping for Brolly. I didn't get him, but I got these guys over here:

QGQHnjC.png

So, how good is still for a starter?

Super 17 is coming to Japan where the gimmick is that he absorbs ki based supers which seems really tricky to get around. I would be more interested but Super 17 is the worst dragon ball character in the worst Dragonball arc.

Aurizen

Wait SSB Vegeto is coming I'm 4 days? The fusion banner is coming. I would expect SSB Vegeto to be coming at least on April 2nd

Also what are the god tier units for every type? I desperately need a good INT unit been having teen gohan INT since the beginning.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
VB and Rose isn't in 4 days lol.

Finally got the 2 INT Piccolos to SA 10... time to wait for 2 more WT (if I don't get pooled with a lotta whales).

I'll hoard the stones and try to get SSB Vegito/Rose Black. If I fail, I'll reroll another one, so all things considered I won't invest too much time at the current account.

After all is said and done, what should be my priorities in regards to the game? Finish all the story quests ASAP or focus on specific events to farm some specific thing?

Edit: Quick update, considering i'm willing to reroll in case I don't get what you recommended, I decided to waste a pull hoping for Brolly. I didn't get him, but I got these guys over here:

QGQHnjC.png

So, how good is still for a starter?

The thing about Black is that his passive gives ki but only to Villains. So you wanna reroll for Broly since that is an actual god lead.

Super 17 is coming to Japan where the gimmick is that he absorbs ki based supers which seems really tricky to get around. I would be more interested but Super 17 is the worst dragon ball character in the worst Dragonball arc.

I find that gimmick very interesting. All the physical attack units are gonna get a work out. Only bad part is that he looks to be AGL Extreme Neo God which means he has a very small pool of AGL villains to pull from at this point even in JP. If Kid Buu AGL wasn't so freaking trash it wouldn't be as much of a problem. :(

Literally the android duo, Rose Black, Golden Frieza and maybe 1 decent AGL villain cause the rest are all crap.

Wait SSB Vegeto is coming I'm 4 days? The fusion banner is coming. I would expect SSB Vegeto to be coming at least on April 2nd

Also what are the god tier units for every type? I desperately need a good INT unit been having teen gohan INT since the beginning.

AGL: Super Vegito
TEQ: Gotenks SSJ3
INT: Super Buu Gohan Absorbed
STR: Omega Shenron
PHY: LSSJ Broly

Finally got the 2 INT Piccolos to SA 10... time to wait for 2 more WT (if I don't get pooled with a lotta whales).

They should be showing up at the beginning of the month unless bamco changes their mind. I'm just guessing 4 days roughly but its probably a good week or 2 away.

Aiii

So not worth it

http://i.imgur.com/QGQHnjC.png[img]

So, how good is still for a starter?[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with rerolling at all. Use these cards and start doing the quests to get as many stones as you can, ideally you'll be over 400 stones when the ticketbanner and the Rose/Blue banners are around. You'll get a bunch of god leads then. Don't worry about it now.

Don't bother with rerolling at all. Use these cards and start doing the quests to get as many stones as you can, ideally you'll be over 400 stones when the ticketbanner and the Rose/Blue banners are around. You'll get a bunch of god leads then. Don't worry about it now.

What Aiii said! I totally forgot the banner has more than just SSB Vegito and Rose lol. All the God leads are there. It will probably have the 3 multi pulls and get the 4th one free too. So yeah start saving up. That Black account is perfect to start off with.

ffvorax

What Aiii said! I totally forgot the banner has more than just SSB Vegito and Rose lol. All the God leads are there. It will probably have the 3 multi pulls and get the 4th one free too. So yeah start saving up. That Black account is perfect to start off with.

That would be nice to spend all my stones... :O

I feel the urge to pull, please be available in April... :D

I find that gimmick very interesting. All the physical attack units are gonna get a work out. Only bad part is that he looks to be AGL Extreme Neo God which means he has a very small pool of AGL villains to pull from at this point even in JP. If Kid Buu AGL wasn't so freaking trash it wouldn't be as much of a problem. :(

Literally the android duo, Rose Black, Golden Frieza and maybe 1 decent AGL villain cause the rest are all crap.

The idea that you would need to use physical attacks or have units who don't use ki supers is interesting especially since entire teams would need to be changed. But yeah an AGL extreme unit is useless for neo god lead. At least Rosé hits extremely hard even with a SSJ4 Vegeta lead. The interesting idea for the unit would be that if the enemy supers he gets health instead. It won't make him amazing but he'd get some utility as a healer.

Just like the show super 17 could be interesting but is a waste.

MisterMac

At least this means a lame ass character like Super 17 won't be the new god for INT. Plus it gives me more time to hoard stones on JP.

At 460 stones on Global and not one upcoming banner looks exciting enough to pull on. Should have quite a bank for the SSJ4s. Even more if the new INT God is awesome since my INT cards are pretty alright

ffvorax

Does doing MultiPull or Single Pull change something in terms of % to gain good cars?

Or the only change is made if it is stated that, for example, multipull guarantee a SSR and similar?

Not going to pull on actual banners, but I was curious for the future... because if there i no good point to do a multipull on a banner, I don't get why I should... :\

Aiii

So not worth it
No, it's pretty much the same. As you say there's a potential of 10 R's in singles, but that never happens.

And nobody cares about SR's anyways.

Tamanon

Banned
Does doing MultiPull or Single Pull change something in terms of % to gain good cars?

Or the only change is made if it is stated that, for example, multipull guarantee a SSR and similar?

Not going to pull on actual banners, but I was curious for the future... because if there i no good point to do a multipull on a banner, I don't get why I should... :\

They're theoretically the same percentages unless it's a guaranteed SSR.

Are you farming the strike Piccolo, awakening him then feeding him? How has your luck been with that?

What stage should I farm for gems? I want dem elder Kais. I asked awhile ago but I don't think I saw a reply, if some did reply apologies.

Meneses

Single pulls: slowly dragging out your disappointment for only pulling shit each time.

Multipull: get a sudden wave of massive disappointment for pulling all that shit at once.

And yeah, like others said, it's different if there's a guaranteed SSR (don't bother with "guaranteed SR" stuff).

Are you farming the strike Piccolo, awakening him then feeding him? How has your luck been with that?

What stage should I farm for gems? I want dem elder Kais. I asked awhile ago but I don't think I saw a reply, if some did reply apologies.

Man, i can't believe people actually were able to raise WT Piccolo's SA. The three cards I fed him failed miserably so I just gave up.

I haven't played constantly since the event began but I still spent a lot of time on it. I've just been trying to get enough drops for the Super Strike card and I only just got 15 (and I already had 3 from before). Drop rate was around 1 or 2 / 15 every stamina bar :(

I don't even want to imagine how many runs and medals I would need to actually max the WT card, too much RNG badness.

For the gems, 21-1 is good. It can spawn both special enemies and the boss is a single PHY enemy.

ffvorax

Single pulls: slowly dragging out your disappointment for only pulling shit each time.

Multipull: get a sudden wave of massive disappointment for pulling all that shit at once.

And yeah, like others said, it's different if there's a guaranteed SSR (don't bother with "guaranteed SR" stuff).
too much RNG badness.
Lol, so it is as expected... XD
Sure, guaratee SR is not interesting at all... Kai it's nice but not so interesting also at this time... but at least better than an SR.

Maxim726X

So, during the ticket banner, 5 stones=1 ticket?

I think I read something to that effect on Reddit... That's fucking nuts. I'm gonna go balls to wall if I don't get Godtenks/Omega.

Anoregon

So, during the ticket banner, 5 stones=1 ticket?

I think I read something to that effect on Reddit... That's fucking nuts. I'm gonna go balls to wall if I don't get Godtenks/Omega.

Every 50 stones you spent up until a day or two ago translates to 1 ticket, I think. Each ticket is a single pull, so worth 5 stones.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, exactly that. My first one I got above average luck, took
12, but for my second I think I hit below the 50% rate. Medals weren't really an issue and it helps that if he didn't drop, it'd be a relevant medal instead. I ran out of Teq Z-swords though.

Top Bottom