• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yet more Majora's Mask teasing. (Interview in Game Informer.)

Rich!

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Wrath

Set a thousand years before the events of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Majora's Wrath places you in the shoes of a lowly soldier who is given the powers of the Fierce Deity by the gods in order to stop the Demon Lord Majora and his followers who are attempting to destroy the world.

Designed from the ground up to take full advantage of the Wii U, Majora's Wrath combines the exploration and adventure that the Legend of Zelda series is known for through a gigantic, lush kingdom and it's dark and oppressive underworld alongside a unique battle system designed by Platinum Games (Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101).

Emotional stakes run high as the inhabitants of the doomed world rely on you to save them before it is too late.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Wrath will be available for purchase in Q4 2015, exclusively on Nintendo Wii U.

That's my ideal pitch. Like it? Took me a while to come up with it. It assumes the manga is not canon.

Sorry about the inevitable cum explosion my synopsis might cause.

Nintendo has been making references for a long time now. To name a few:

• Majora's Mask in Skyward Sword Debut Trailer
  • Anju Kafei sidequest cameo in Skyward Sword
  • Symphony of the Goddesses puts in a Majora's Mask medley because of the fans.
  • Aonuma considered Majora's Mask on the 3DS but picked ALttP instead.
  • Majora's Mask was in Animal Crossing shown off in a Nintendo Direct.
  • Majora's Mask OST was given to Nintendo Club members.
  • NoA's twitter posted Skull Kid cosplays during Comic Con.
  • Bill Trinen mentions Skull Kid cosplay during live ALBW preview
  • Majora's Mask was shown in Link's House in A Link Between Worlds.
  • A "3 days" reference was shown in
    Ravio's Diary
    in A Link Between Worlds.
  • The people of Lorule are
    wearing masks and worshiping monsters and demons.
  • Milk Bar is in ALBW.
  • The Maimais go back to
    their "dimension" and the one left behind is the 72nd
    Maimai you found in A Link Between Worlds
  • Skull Kid with Majora's Mask was shown as an assist trophy in SSB4
  • Aonuma said "say that I laughed" when Majora's Mask remake was brought up.
  • Miyamoto said he hasn't forgotten about Majora's Mask fans.
  • Aonuma said ALBW's will tell us if Majora's Mask is being remade. Turns out ALBW has 4 big references to MM.
  • Aonuma says no more Zelda remakes until we have new hardware
  • Aonuma says Wii U Zelda will go beyond expectations and won't be traditional. It'll be "Zelda" regardless of whether Link and Zelda are in it or not.

But what do people make of this quote?
Hm, did I miss something? In which way did this appear in SS?

zeldablue

Hm, did I miss something? In which way did this appear in SS?

I don't remember the names. But the short blue haired kid has a thing for the red haired girl named Karane, the upperclassmen. Karane is in love with Pipit though. The short kid asks Link to give Karane a love letter. After you make the promise, you can give it to Karane or the ghost hand in the toilet. Karane will reject the kid if you give her the letter. If you give it to the toilet ghost, the ghost will fall in love with the kid and stroke his face every night...essentially raping his mind and causing him to mutter "help....me" in his dreams. Both scenarios reward the player with Gratitude Cystals.

Yep.

I don't remember the names. But the short blue haired kid has a thing for the red haired girl named Karane, the upperclassmen. Karane is in love with Pipit though. The short kid asks Link to give Karane a love letter. After you make the promise, you can give it to Karane or the ghost hand in the toilet. Karane will reject the kid if you give her the letter. If you give it to the toilet ghost, the ghost will fall in love with the kid and stroke his face every night...essentially raping his mind and causing him to mutter "help....me" in his dreams. Both scenarios reward the player with Gratitude Cystals.

Yep.

The caulin/Karane/hand in the toilet lover letter sidequest (man that sounds disturbing putting it like that)
Ok, makes sense. I got the hand in the toilet reference but didn't connect it with the Anju and Kafei sidequest, since I always gave the Deku certificate (and not the letter) to the hand in the toilet in Majora's Mask.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
With an art style based on the hard shaded concept art for Majora's Mask.

this one?
scenet.jpg

what about this fanmade?

Yonafunu

Yep.

The caulin/Karane/hand in the toilet lover letter sidequest (man that sounds disturbing putting it like that)

How is that a Anju-Kafei sidequest cameo? Just because it's a love story?

KarmaCow

Time skips to an explicit time of the day instead of always jumping from day to night or reverse.

Was that ever a problem, things tend to happen pretty fast? Skipping ahead to specific times also means you miss out on seeing people during odd times. The best example I can think of is how fast travel can ruin the feel of an interconnected world. But this all from rosy memories.

The Elegy of Emptiness statue puzzles were kind of tedious.

Oh jeez yea, that was annoying. I think you need to keep the part where you switch between masks but maybe speeding up the animations.

this one?

what about this fanmade?

My problem with the fan remake trailer thing is that MM's owes a lot to it's reuse of OoT assets. With no counterpart in an OoT remake, it loses the familiarity that's used to make Termina feel off and disturbing.

I wonder if they'll use a slightly different model for Link in the remake? I know there was a noticeable change in his model from OoT to MM on the N64.

Nakho

I still think it is going to be MM 3DS. Too easy of a port, with great part of the work already done... Easy, easy money. And I would love it! I'm even holding off playing the original until E3 2014 to see if it gets announced.

All we need is a 3DS OOT Style remake for Nintendo's champion handheld and possibly a quick save feature, which may be difficult to implement.

I still think it is going to be MM 3DS. Too easy of a port, with great part of the work already done... Easy, easy money. And I would love it! I'm even holding off playing the original until E3 2014 to see if it gets announced.

Yeah, had a quick go on it the other day, but have never completed it, ever. I have too many games to play on PS4/ PS3 and 3DS to get the old Wii out and play this game.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
My problem with the fan remake trailer thing is that MM's owes a lot to it's reuse of OoT assets. With no counterpart in an OoT remake, it loses the familiarity that's used to make Termina feel off and disturbing.

you are right, but if we imagine a full sequel on Wii U, something will be necessarily missing from OOT.
Otherwise, MM3D by Grezzo would make much more sense

mantidor

I don't like the fan made trailer at all and I hope Nintendo does nothing like that. I mean , sure, it looks decent for being fan made, but is painfully plain and souless, like someone's first experiment in 3D modeling, they look even more plastic-like than Mario models in the "New" series.

Was that ever a problem, things tend to happen pretty fast? Skipping ahead to specific times also means you miss out on seeing people during odd times. The best example I can think of is how fast travel can ruin the feel of an interconnected world. But this all from rosy memories.

There's quite a few instances in which you have an unnecessary wait. Especially when you wait for the final minutes to commence.

I don't like the fan made trailer at all and I hope Nintendo does nothing like that. I mean , sure, it looks decent for being fan made, but is painfully plain and souless, like someone's first experiment in 3D modeling, they look even more plastic-like than Mario models in the "New" series.

Not to mention that Majoras Mask was the complete opposite of that ,,epic''/,,orchestral'' feel in the trailer. Good effort, I guess, but the guys really don't get the game.

Tom_Cody

Nintendo has been making references for a long time now. To name a few:

• Majora's Mask in Skyward Sword Debut Trailer
  • Anju Kafei sidequest cameo in Skyward Sword
  • Symphony of the Goddesses puts in a Majora's Mask medley because of the fans.
  • Aonuma considered Majora's Mask on the 3DS but picked ALttP instead.
  • Majora's Mask was in Animal Crossing shown off in a Nintendo Direct.
  • Majora's Mask OST was given to Nintendo Club members.
  • NoA's twitter posted Skull Kid cosplays during Comic Con.
  • Bill Trinen mentions Skull Kid cosplay during live ALBW preview
  • Majora's Mask was shown in Link's House in A Link Between Worlds.
  • A "3 days" reference was shown in
    Ravio's Diary
    in A Link Between Worlds.
  • The people of Lorule are
    wearing masks and worshiping monsters and demons.
  • Milk Bar is in ALBW.
    [*]The Maimais go back to
    their "dimension" and the one left behind is the 72nd
    Maimai you found in A Link Between Worlds
  • Skull Kid with Majora's Mask was shown as an assist trophy in SSB4
  • Aonuma said "say that I laughed" when Majora's Mask remake was brought up.
  • Miyamoto said he hasn't forgotten about Majora's Mask fans.
  • Aonuma said ALBW's will tell us if Majora's Mask is being remade. Turns out ALBW has 4 big references to MM.
  • Aonuma says no more Zelda remakes until we have new hardware
  • Aonuma says Wii U Zelda will go beyond expectations and won't be traditional. It'll be "Zelda" regardless of whether Link and Zelda are in it or not.

But what do people make of this quote?
Wow, this one is new to me. I will need to revisit ALBW after work and check this out.

NE1GDoM.png

Top Bottom