• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub - a completely drunk driving experiemnt

I am typing the following severely impaired by alcohol. So much so that typing the following - however humorous it may seem to you right now - is extremely difficult to muster as much as I am under the influence of alcohol.(Thank fucking god for spell checker). I post the following only as an indication how much an impact alcohol actually is - so much so that typing this has become a real chore. (It has taken me about 1.5 hours to type this tiny paragraph.)

Beyond my laughably bad typing, I present to you now - drunk driving in Drive Club. I've no idea how much an impact this video may be, but if i have reached just one fucking person, it will have been worth it. Mock me until the end of time, if I have changed or (God help me) saved one life, I will accept that mockery as a badge of honor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV9BIoD4HeI Please be easy on me - as i mean well. :)

Hasney

Are you any good at it sober? Because that looked like my friend playing it with no impairments so I should probably ask before I blame it all on the alcohol!

That seems to be how bad I am anyway.

P.S - I own this game and can't watch a video of someone else playing without be wowed by the graphics. Fuck me, man.

tumblr_mv4r8ypfL41qfepl9o1_250.gif
"Go home Spinda, you're drunk"

Mandatory :p

okay guys here's my joke shitting on driveclub:

I thought this was going to be a thread about the development of the game

ha ha ha, ho shit, I'm so funny

Your drunk driving is better than my normal, utterly sober driving is...

Are you any good at it sober? Because that looked like my friend playing it with no impairments so I should probably ask before I blame it all on the alcohol!
Haha, yes as much as I think I'm just average at this game, I'm normally much better than this. The rain itself is an impairment, but add alcohol to the mix and I just cannot deal.

Haunted

There was one of these for GTAIV which is much more logical because it's somewhat of a facsimile of actual inner city traffic instead of fucking high speed track racing. :D

00:37 that's a TAKEDOWN!
no takedown slow mo camera, no sale!

LesPaul

What is the point of this? I do not mean to be rude but maybe a thread for this vido is a little much. Could be just me though.

R_Deckard

Thats impressive drunk driving.

It is the safest way to test at how bad your reactions slow down though and judgement.

Agree still looks like any major gaming site journo driving..secret revealed? Bevvied up Journo's drunken driving debacle! (Sun headline)

Kiru

I think there was a video where some drunk dude played Euro Truck Sim 2 with a Oculus Rift. Didn't end well.

What is the point of this? I do not mean to be rude but maybe a thread for this video is a little much. Could be just me though.
You're probably right, the point of the thread, while I had the most admirable of instincts, is likely cancelled out by the mere fact that I'm just really fucking drunk.

Fitts

Holy hell does this game look incredible! I really want that PS+ version to become a reality because I need to try before I buy with something like this and nobody I know purchased a copy.

lewisgone

Whenever I finally buy a steering wheel for my PC, I was considering trying drunk driving in Euro Truck Simulator 2. I think I need to make my company less reliant on me doing well first, though.

And everyone else is saying it as well, but I'll say it too: you're way better at DriveClub than me if this is how you play drunk.

Top Bottom