• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 20th anniversary Chrono Trigger!

chrono.jpg

Released in Japan in March 11 1995.

What can i say... this really hurts, i can't believe how time flies. Is still one of the best RPG ever made and was another reason why you can keep your SNES and don't give a shit to 32-bit systems on the market in 1995, at least for some time. Also one of the best soundtracks ever.

ChrisD

Happy 20th Birthday terrisus!

...Oh, Chrono Trigger as in the game. Awesome game! Never played it as a kid, but it holds up today so that says something about its quality.

20 years D:

I didn't play it by the time of its release, did it much later and I was seriously impressed at how the game could easily destroy more "modern" titles when it comes to quality.

It is one of the best games of all time.

george_us

One of the few games that deserves all of the praise heaped on it. Played it for the first time in 2009 and it instantly became one of my favorite games ever.

Overside

Banned
One of the greatest games ever made.

My favourite rpg of all time all the way up until Xenoblade finally relieved it.

A true masterpiece. The pacing is perfect, the music is legendary, the fights are fun, and the art is spectacular. It's hard to find another game that does everything it set out to do so right and polished. I first played this game on a DS and it is among my favorite games I've ever played. Simply put, this is a gaming jewel in the river of time.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
One of my all-time favorite games. One of my favorite game soundtracks too. Just about a perfect game in my book.

Xemnas89

Possibly the best rpg ever made. The only rpg I could play over and over again without getting bored. Happy birthday to Chrono Trigger.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Best RPG of all time. A masterpiece of our medium. I love this damn game.

Dynasty8

Damn... I'm getting old.

I remember as a kid going into this game with no knowledge what it's about. I never knew it would be one of the best games of all time even today.

One of my faves. I even got it at Japanese launch because I couldn't wait (and because FF V&VI and SD2 were easy imports to play). I remember being caught off-guard by the "gaijin protection" when you arrive at the End of Time. The bit where you had to run in a circle around the creature 3 times was something that was not coming naturally to someone who wasn't fluent in the language. I actually took the game to a shop in the local Japan center (SF Bay area) and the people there had already played it and helped me through. Ended up finishing the game just fine from that point.

I can't even imagine how many times I have played through this perfect gem of a game. Happy birthday you awesome thing you!

Oh wow, it's 20 years already? I'm old.
I actually played the game for the first time years after its release date though.
A masterpiece RPG indeed.

Playing this back in the 90's in highschool.

It was a magical time. 20 years, hot damn I feel old.

I should really bust out my DS, which I bought a while back but never actually opened, copy of the game and play it again.

ekgrey

Hey, I just bought the DS version on Amazon earlier tonight! Excited to finally play it. I tried the PS3 version last year but the load times were unacceptable.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Good game that we European didn't get it until the DS remake. ¬_¬;

Not that it matters since erm... I haven't played it yet. <(^_^;)>

Sanic

That one guy is probs gonna be mad at you for making this thread.

Great game though, as someone who generally doesn't enjoy jRPGs.

Man, I'm so glad I got the chance to play through this a few years back. Honestly, one of the best games I've ever played.

Also, congrats Terrisus, I hope you get some mad poon soon.

Syrus

Banned
This is still my game of all time. Perfect story, gameplay, the soundtrack is timeless.

My 11 year old son has beat it many times. This game is timeless.

dedhead54

I recently bought a N3DSXL and, right afterwards, a copy of of Chrono Trigger for DS. I haven't started it because I want to finish my current games but boy am I excited. Not only have I never played it but I have barely played any JRPG's and certainly never finished one.

Happy Birthday!

Rinoa

One of the GOAT soundtrack - Corridors of Time

Yesss. Memories of sneaking to the basement and playing this in an old CRT to get all the endings and my grandparents watching me play. It was such a golden few years for gaming memories.

It's so weird, 20 years later my obsession with Schala and Zeal Kingdom never faded. I always assumed I'd just stop caring but I replay the game each year and still look forward to getting to 12000 BC like nobody's business.

SO...

Frog or Glenn?

Glenn.

The sprite of Glenn is cute but the DBZ looking anime of him was not. I don't know why it was so diff.

Top Bottom