• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April PS+ Games Announced (Never Alone, Killzone Mercenary, Dishonored)

Just got a vita so Killzone will at least be worth checking out for eye candy (I haven't been a huge fan of how console style action games play on those analog nubs though). What is Arau's Awakening?

Pretty good month. I have Never Alone and it's decent, Dishonoured is obviously a great game and Killzone Mercenary is one of the best, most underrated FPSs of the last few years. Such a great little game. Not heard of the other three, but never turn my nose up at free games.

RS4-

Quick question: brother redeemed ps+ under his name by accident, but the vita memory card is under my account, there's no way for me to actually play any of the free vita games, on my psn, is there?

nynt9

Tower of Guns, Never Alone and Aaru's Awakening were all games I wanted, so this is cool! KZM and Dishonored are great, everyone should play them. MonsterBag looks cute. We'll see how that one is. Good month.

GunBR

I was wanting to play Never Alone since the launch and the other 2 PS4 looks fun, so an ok month
Not that great, but not bad.

ZzzzZZzz still waiting for a retail PS4 game. Hopefully that happens around E3

They gave Injustice in december

Lucifon

This is actually one of the best months period, how do you dislike this?

I guess the same way almost all of the comments on the blog post and Twitter replies also dislike it. This is one of the worst month's for me. But hey I suppose that's how it works.

Prezhulio

Very nice. My vita backlog grows! I don't know anything about never alone or tower of guns so looking forward to trying those.

Also a great month for people who never played dishonored, so good.

Quick question: brother redeemed ps+ under his name by accident, but the vita memory card is under my account, there's no way for me to actually play any of the free vita games, on my psn, is there?

No unless you delete all the stuff on your card you cant. A solution would be a second memory card for PS+. only you lose your system settings when you switch cards.

ChuckNyce

Dumb question but are these dropping today or on 4/7 since technically that's the first Tuesday in April...?

EDIT: Found my answer by actually reading the blog post :)

androvsky

Holy crap, looks like an awesome month. Was really intrigued when I saw the trailer for MonsterBag a few days ago, didn't think it'd be a free Plus game so soon. Been wanting to play Dishonored for a while, same with Never Alone. Aaru's Awakening looks good, and hopefully Tower of Guns plays something like Q3A with generated levels. Should be way better for me than March, where the only game I liked was Counterspy and the ending turned out to be hugely disappointing.

edit: Killzone Mercenary is the only stinker for me, shows how different tastes work :)

I do like some small quirky PSN games every now and then, but PS+ for PS4 has been crap ever since the release of the console.

I´m still waiting for Shadow Fall, Knack and some others. Those games are already catalog, no reason not to put one of those on PS+

I´ve played dozens of great titles from third parties on PS3, but now on PS4 i rarely download their free games.

Prejudice? Maybe, but it´s clear that PS+ was a lot better when they were trying to get their foot on the ground.

Nightbird

Lol, i wanted to have something else than RPG's on my Vita, and looks like PS+ got me covered!

Ready for some Killzone-Action! *_*

Fbh

Meh month, definitely the worst one in quite some time. Oh well, the last ones have been pretty good and hopefully May is better.

Might give Never Alone a chance. About everything else looks unappealing to me

Already have Dishonored and Killzone. Kind of a meh month for me. I'll play the others, of course but none of them are games I really want.

EDIT - BTW, I don't like playing Killzone on Vita strictly due to the controls. I play this game for more than 30 minutes my wrists and hands start hurting. I'd need an ergonomic grip if was going to really sink some time into it, and I don't want to sink any more money into portables at this point. I just don't play them enough.

kaskade

I've never heard of Never Alone but it looks really interesting. Quick peak at reviews say it's pretty good but short so I'm glad I get to try it with PS+. Also, KZ is nice for the vita.

LogicStep

Meh month for me since I already own KZM and I don't really feel like going back to PS3 for ''AAA'' games unless the Dishonored port is like, REALLY good or something.

I dunno how the port is but if you haven't played that game yet I recommend you do. It's great.

wouwie

Good month. Worth it for Aaru's awakening alone for me. I was planning to buy the game but the reviews made me have second thoughts. Apparently, the developers have listened to feedback and have made important changes to the gameplay since it's initial release. So i'm looking forward to checking it out. Never alone is solid too. I bought it upon release and didn't regret it. I can see myself replaying it sometime in the future too.

Top Bottom