• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul announced for PS3, PS4, PC

You're talking as if the canon sequel next dimension was good

Its not.

It's the true prequel and made by the creator and owner of the series unlike Lost Canvas, I also think is better than Lost Canvas, like a lot. Don't get me even started with Omega so bad that it probably won't get animated anymore.

So yes, you might not like ND, but is canon, it's still ongoing so it won't be in this game for sure unless it gets animated.

I just wanted to tell you why those 2 series are not in this game and never will.

Makareu

It also gets more Japanese support than Xbox One.
The truth is, Steam is standing in the west as an alternative to Sony consoles for Japanese games.

The Xbox situation is not that surprising as it never really proved to be a platform of choice for Japanese games.
I hope that it is not just a fad for Steam because I really love that trend. But given the estimation of Steam sales I am optimist.

The canon sequel it's JUST the worst.

They should add the Titans from Episode G tbh

I find it amazing, it's ok if you don't like it, but now with Ofiusco everything have ramped up to a new level.

Since Kurumada is making his own Titans arc Episode G will never make it to the games either.

jett

D-Member
These games are always crappola, if it's not too crappola I might get it on Steam on a cheapo sale or something.

Oh and of course, it has to have the TV show's music. Otherwise, no sale.

rhandino

Banned
It's hard to be excited when its games sucked so much
Series needs to be rpg
TBH

il358lMiLVqLU.gif

It's hard to be excited for this games when Bamco put 0 effort since they know these games sell like hot-cakes to the target audience.

Since Kurumada is making his own Titans arc Episode G will never make it to the games either.
When did this happen? X_O

Tragique tbh, Episode G really had the feel of a proper prequel and the Titans used to be very interesting.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I find it amazing, it's ok if you don't like it, but now with Ofiusco everything have ramped up to a new level.

So you're telling me The Omega Man doesn't like Saint Seiya Omega?

Hmmm.

Just kidding. I really don't like Next Dimension, though. It feels way more out of place than Lost Canvas (which, quite honestly, is better than most of the original run).

Mohasus

Are there any differences announced between PS3 and PS4 versions? Because I'm sure the PC version will be based on PS3 and tears will flow.

Slaythe

People didn't like Brave Soldiers eh? I enjoyed it a lot. Combat system was decent. If they are basing the new game on that it has potential.

If they don't include Asgard I'm gonna rage hard. Fenrir's ma boy!

You clearly didn't try to play online.

Trying to Copy Naruto storm and failing hard at that, making a game that is virtually no fun to play online with billions of abuse and absolutely no way to land anything properly, and where you run after the opponent forever.

It's fine to have a shitty single player mode but you NEED a good combat system then.

If it's not 60 FPS on ps4 I pass. Ps3 version felt unplayable really. Once again, Naruto are 30 fps and they don't have that laggy feeling.

Also , hard to get excited. The animations and models are identical to the last game. Like, exactly the same.

Dizzy-4U

You clearly didn't try to play online.

Trying to Copy Naruto storm and failing hard at that, making a game that is virtually no fun to play online with billions of abuse and absolutely no way to land anything properly, and where you run after the opponent forever.
Nope, only versus with friends. Bamco games had very bad netcode in my experience so I didn't even bother.

The only issue I had with the gameplay is that the super bar fills way to fast so if you try to do a long combo they'll teleport behind you instantly. It's like the combo breaker problem with the original KI. You practice all these nice long combos and when it comes to fight real people they are useless, since they can break out of them really quickly.

Make the super bar not fill when you're getting hit and that might solve the problem.

So you're telling me The Omega Man doesn't like Saint Seiya Omega?

Hmmm.

Just kidding. I really don't like Next Dimension, though. It feels way more out of place than Lost Canvas (which, quite honestly, is better than most of the original run).
Sacrilege!! Aren't you Brazilian? that must merits death penalty over there. :D

Lost Canvas is awesome....

Omega, on the other hand...

Well yeah, I prefer Lost Canvas too to Omega, funny thing is LC was supposed to be the real pre-quel with Kurumada's blessing et all and then something happened and he decided to the the prequel himself.

People didn't like Brave Soldiers eh? I enjoyed it a lot. Combat system was decent. If they are basing the new game on that it has potential.

If they don't include Asgard I'm gonna rage hard. Fenrir's ma boy!

They are going to include Argard,
but from the new series that started today and it takes place in Asgard again! (insert rimshot sound here)

Saint Seiya timeline is such a mess. You're telling me those Gold Saints fought the fucking Titans and gods of creation in Episode G, yet they then get beat up by literal kids (Bronze Saints) a few years later, and then they die but they don't, and some of them are evil but then they're not, and then suddenly fucking Shaina is Gold.

SoldnerKei

Gameplay video, 60fps in Chrome at 1080p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YI6fn0rH3Y&feature=share

generic as f*ck, but I am buying anyway day 1, they had me at Saint Seiya and PC

looks like copy pasta from Brave Soldiers, not like I was expecting any different since I saw the screenshots, also seems like they won't even touch the combo system or any other mechanic, oh well... nevertheless, thanks for sharing!

also the official site is up

http://seiya-ss.bn-ent.net/top.html

if you go to characters, there is a sub menu for God Warrior, hopefully they'll add what BS roster lacked, God Warriors(pls the originals not the ones on Gold Soul) and actual Specters

looks like copy pasta from Brave Soldiers, not like I was expecting any different since I saw the screenshots, also seems like they won't even touch the combo system or any other mechanic, oh well... nevertheless, thanks for sharing!

also the official site is up

http://seiya-ss.bn-ent.net/top.html

if you go to characters, there is a sub menu for God Warrior, hopefully they'll add what BS roster lacked, God Warriors(pls the originals not the ones on Gold Soul) and actual Specters

Well since Aiolia is wearing his Camui from the new series I think this confirms that those God Warriors are from this new series as well, however this doesn't mean the old god warriors wont be included but the new ones will be there for sure, I hope for an even bigger roster as well.

Carlius

Banned
We can always edit the music for the PC release.

I should read/watch this series already. IIRC only the Asgard filler eps. are good, the rest can be avoided?

what? the entire second season in the 12 zodiac houses is incredible. i thought the asgard saga was terrible.

when is ths out on pc? its a day 1 buy for me for all the nostalgia. i love saint seiya.
I'm assuming it will release on October 9th, the NA release date on consoles.
The game released yesterday in Europe on consoles, I've watched a few PS4 streams and it looks a lot like that last PS3 game, with an expanded story and roster obviously.

phaze

It's the true prequel and made by the creator and owner of the series unlike Lost Canvas, I also think is better than Lost Canvas, like a lot. Don't get me even started with Omega so bad that it probably won't get animated anymore.

How do you function ?

---

Game looks generic and awful. So exactly like it's newest anime brother I guess. Can't believe it sales enough to cover the costs.

to my surprise the spanish Audio track is the GOAT!

nostalgia was over roof when i was testing the game (though i only watched the intro before jumping into Diablo)

Ifrit

We can always edit the music for the PC release.

I should read/watch this series already. IIRC only the Asgard filler eps. are good, the rest can be avoided?

I'll buy the game if this happens, the anime OST is magnificent

to my surprise the spanish Audio track is the GOAT!

nostalgia was over roof when i was testing the game (though i only watched the intro before jumping into Diablo)

Is the latin american dub in this game?

Top Bottom