• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 4K screenshots

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_A_lonely_tower,_is_it_abandoned.png

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Old,_abandoned_and_probably_dangerous.png

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Sometimes_you_have_to_beat_some_sense_into_others.png

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_These_animals_can_rip_you_apart_in_seconds_if_you're_not_careful.png
https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/587632364299411456

MadSexual

I'm a little surprised how flat the foliage looks, especially in the distance. I expected more DOF at that range. Despite these textures popping out too much, I'm okay with it. Reminds me of Risen, haha.

JimPanzer

Well, Bloodborne also looks so much better in motion and not sooooo good on screenshots.

I knew that would come ;) yes, pretty much every game looks better in motion, but it really strikes me with the witcher 3. I can't point my finger on what it is though. Probably has something to do with the lightning.

I really like the materials on the armor, cloth, leather, steel, chainmail, all distinguishable, also is that the "default" hair on the worlves? doesn't look like nvidia's hair thingy.

UnrealEck

I really like the materials on the armor, cloth, leather, steel, chainmail, all distinguishable, also is that the "default" hair on the worlves? doesn't look like nvidia's hair thingy.
I'm positive that's Hairworks. You can see the way the hair is physically rendered and simulated. Look at the detail on Geralt's hair in the screen where he's in the forest.

First shot is a little underwhelming, but the other shots look jaw-dropping. This may be the most beautiful game to be released this year. Can't wait!

Durante

I don't want to fight those wolves :(

Also, is this the first time in a long while we see HairWorks fur? Good to know it's still there!

rashbeep

Banned
Nice to see hairworks was not removed from the wolves. I think the other places I recall seeing it in earlier trailers were fur coats on the NPCs.

And yes the CA looks awful in the last screen. Thank god that can be turned off.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
OH BOY!

2GyNj4o.jpg

WITCHERING!

YAY!

Those actually don't look all that great but in motion I am sure its awesome.
I still honest to god guys can't see the CA.

I know what it is but I don't see it at all.

Looks exactly like it to me lol...

I'm positive that's Hairworks. You can see the way the hair is physically rendered and simulated. Look at the detail on Geralt's hair in the screen where he's in the forest.

I don't know it looks a lot more like a fur shader to me, in this video https://youtu.be/VFWr44ZIEZc?t=59 it looks a lot more detailed and "responsive" to me, or maybe they just dialed it down for the ingame implementation.

UnrealEck

I don't know it looks a lot more like a fur shader to me, in this video https://youtu.be/VFWr44ZIEZc?t=59 it looks a lot more detailed and "responsive" to me, or maybe they just dialed it down for the ingame implementation.

There's different settings on the Hairworks effect. Developers can change the thickness of the hair, how rigid or soft it is, how long it is and so on.
The fur on the wolf in the screenshots is just set differently.
There's a downloadable demo for Hairworks that demonstrates it.

Top Bottom