• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo published titles 06/07 (Kirby still on GC?)

ziran

Nintendo Inside

From this PDF connected to Nintendo's year end financial results announced yesterday.

I'm assuming the following are to be released within the next financial year in Japan. If any Japanese speaking GAF'ers could fill in any blanks, thanks in advance.

GameCube
Super Paper Mario - August 3rd 2006
Donkey Kong Bongo Blast - August 10th 2006
Kirby (tentative name) - 2006
The Legend of Zelda (tentative name) - 2006
Eyeshield 21 (tentative name) - undecided
Geist (tentative name) - undecided

Wii
Disaster: Day of Crisis (tentative name) - undecided
Excite Truck (tentative name) - undecided
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (tentative name) - undecided
WarioWare: Smooth Moves (tentative name) - undecided
Fire Emblem (tentative name) - undecided
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (tentative name) - undecided
Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (tentative name) - undecided
Super Mario Galaxy (tentative name) - undecided
Wii Sports (tentative name) - undecided

Gameboy Advance
bit Generations dotstream - July 13th 2006
bit Generations BOUNDISH - July 13th 2006
bit Generations DIALHEX - July 13th 2006
bit Generations COLORIS - July 27th 2006
bit Generations DIGIDRIVE - July 27th 2006
bit Generations ORBITAL - July 27th 2006
bit Generations Soundvoyager - July 27th 2006
Rhythm Kingdom - August 3rd 2006

Nintendo DS
Metroid Prime Hunters - June 1st 2006
Magical Vacation 2 - June 22nd 2006
Project Hacker - July 13th 2006
You Talk! DS Cooking Nabi - July 20th 2006
Mario Basketball 3 on 3 - July 27th 2006
Star Fox Command - August 3rd 2006
Pokémon Diamond - this fall
Pokémon Pearl - this fall
JUMP SUPER STARS 2 (the tentative name) - this winter
Wishroom (Hotel Dusk) (tentative name) - 2006
Custom Robo DS (tentative name) - 2006
Tingle RPG (tentative name) - 2006
Wario Mysterious Thief (tentative name) - 2006
ARCHAIC SEALED HEAT - 2006
Kanji Writing Training (tentative name) - undecided
DS AIR (tentative name) - undecided
Kirby DS (tentative name) - undecided
Legend of Zelda (tentative name) - undecided
Chibi Robo! DS (tentative name) - undecided
Donkey Kong King of Swing DS (tentative name) - undecided
Mario vs. Donkey Kong DS (tentative name) - undecided
Yoshi's Island 2 (tentative name) - undecided

Some 3rd Party titles:
Sudoku 2 (DS/Hudson - Fall 2006)
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin - (DS/Konami - 2006)
Trauma Centre NEO (Wii/Atlus - undecided)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
GameCube
The Legend of Zelda (tentative name) - 2006
Not called TP?
Eyeshield 21 (tentative name) - undecided
Eh?
Geist (tentative name) - undecided
Uh.... thats out

Gameboy Advance
Sounds goooood

Nintendo DS
スターフォックスコマンド - August 3rd 2006
Sound like my sort of game
Tingle RPG (tentative name) - 2006
Wario Mysterious Thief (tentative name) - 2006
Both = Weeeeee, thought they forgot
Legend of Zelda (tentative name) - undecided
How do they not know the Zelda names? Phantom Hourglass, st00pid

Some 3rd Party titles:
Trauma Centre NEO (Wii/Atlus - undecided)
Also stupid/wrong name

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Who gives a shit about Kirby?

Super Paper Mario is coming in fricken AUGUST! WOO!

PC Gaijin

Can't believe Nintendo is releasing those bit Generations games separately. Wait, what am I saying, it's Nintendo. They'll probably sell millions of the things. Still would like to know how much they're going to charge for them. If they're successful I could see them selling similar stuff via WFC.

Busaiku

BorkBork said:
Is Bongo Blast a Jungle Beat type game or is it Donkey Konga?
933035_20060510_screen002.jpg

Neo Child

Banned
PC Gaijin said:
Can't believe Nintendo is releasing those bit Generations games separately. Wait, what am I saying, it's Nintendo. They'll probably sell millions of the things. Still would like to know how much they're going to charge for them. If they're successful I could see them selling similar stuff via WFC.

It's the new Brain Training.....

....OH GOD!

Edit: In response to the above post, it's a racing game using the Bongo drums.

Edit #2: Ah nevermind.

ziran

cvxfreak said:
Ah, yes, my mistake. I wasn't sure if it was Command or Commando because the Japanese title ends with the O. It could go either way.
thanks.

great news about super paper mario, should be out october time in english, hopefully before the wii launch. kirby looked great last e3, but if it's to still to be released this year on gc it's surprising it wasn't at this years e3.

disaster day of crisis must be much further along than the e3 trailer led us to believe and it's interesting to see super mario galaxy released this financial year. i had it figured for a golden week release.

the ds line-up is amazingly strong! mario basketball, pokémon and jump super stars 2 could all be huge and added to the other stuff like zelda, starfox, kirby, yoshi's island 2, ash AND add this to the 3rd party games like final fantasy 3 and tales of tempest the ds is in an incredibly strong position.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Busaiku said:
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2006/129/933035_20060510_screen002.jpg

Darn, I would have gotten another platformer but probably not for a racing game.

Looks like the Pokebomb is confirmed for detonation in Japan this fall. Run for cover!

TreIII

Emotions said:
I do........ shut up.
I hope Kirby is indeed coming , please be true.

Likewise...that game was looking to be the sequel to Super Star that I wanted to see for years...and it would have 4 players!

I could understand something like Air Ride having problems getting released, but Kirby action/platformers are not supposed to have this type of issue!

...Hopefully, this game is just meant to be like so many Kirby action games in the past...they often turn out to be quite good, but they're released at practically the end of that particular Nintenod console's life...

SumGamer

HyperZone<3 said:
if that were the case, then all the Wii titles would be in danger also.

Just means they don't know exactly when its coming out.

Uh no I only mean GC games. Since GC is pretty much dying, I think it's kinda late to leave them undecided. Unless they plan to release that so people play them on Wii.

Terrell

Nintendo has this annoying habit of keeping games on a previous generation console with an "undecided" release date where they are until they are ready to show on the new platform. Dinosaur Planet was moved over to GameCube officially soon before the actual GCN release, same with Eternal Darkness.

So for those who are hoping that Kirby is still coming to GameCube, I wouldn't put bets on it. Nintendo knows the folly of releasing a Kirby console title during a hardware transition (Kirby 64, anyone?)

Despite what people think, Kirby is growing into a really popular Nintendo franchise and will likely be moved to Wii in an effort to bolster its game lineup.

EDIT: Wasn't it confirmed that the Tingle RPG was scrapped and its assets used to make Phantom Hourglass?

Terrell

A Link to the Past said:
APRIL FUCKING FOOLS
Well, that makes some sense, I suppose. Even still, this April Fool's Joke seems to make a hell of a lot more sense than actually releasing a Tingle RPG.

TreIII

Terrell said:
So for those who are hoping that Kirby is still coming to GameCube, I wouldn't put bets on it. Nintendo knows the folly of releasing a Kirby console title during a hardware transition (Kirby 64, anyone?)

How do you figure? As I've said in previous posts, the Kirby platformers (outside of DL the first) have always had a perchance for being released at the end of a console's life, or close enough to it.

Kirby's Adventure = NES, while the SNES was in prominence
Kirby Super Star = SNES, in spite of the 64 being released right around the corner...
Kriby's Dreamland 3 = Released on the SNES while 64 was out for a year
Kirby 64 = already went over

And I suppose even "Amazing Mirror" could count, if we really wanted to, considering the DS was out and about, and yet this game was released for the GBA.

So, in all honesty, there's not too much reason to be shifted over to the Wii, unless they needed to. The demo that they showed off at E3 last year was like any where between 50-80% done, from what I heard. Why start over from relatively scratch, if not necessary?

Furthermore, unlike Kirby 64 or any of the other past games (though I would think that 64 still did quite well, at least in Japan), "Super Star 2" has major advantage in its corner...backwards compatibility. So, as is the case with Super Paper Mario and other last minute GC add-ons, there's little to angst about, considering you have more of a choice of how you wish to play the game, at least regarding which of the two Nintendo consoles and controllers you wish to play it on. The GC gets some nice send-offs before we say good-bye to the purple lunchbox for good, and like with the DS, the backwards compatibility only adds to the Wii's launch repetoire, filling in some small cracks without forcing a "need" for a "Wii-optimized version".

Despite what people think, Kirby is growing into a really popular Nintendo franchise and will likely be moved to Wii in an effort to bolster its game lineup.

And despite what you may think, (unfortunately) Kirby still has quite a ways to go. As long as most people see Kirby as a rather "kiddy" franchise starring a pink creampuff in a fantasy-related setting, he's not going to get the "respect" he deserves, at least, not in America. That's why his main fanbase still is based in Japan, and he can be appreciated for what he is, as opposed to the States, where NoA has to try and "Bad-assify" Kirby by making him mug on the American version box-art, instead of having a jovial smile on his face (as it should be!).

So, again, Kirby has a while to go, and I think NoA even realizes that he may never reach that plateau. But as long as things like Mario, Zelda, and Metroid are good enough "stand-bys", would they really care all that much? I would think not...

ziran

i've just noticed there are over 40 games here to be published by nintendo in a year! probably more with unannounced titles.

this is more than the amount of n64 titles nintendo published during its entire 5 year lifespan :O

Matt

Terrell said:
I don't understand this argument; Kirby 64 sold a metric ton.

Terrell

Matt said:
I don't understand this argument; Kirby 64 sold a metric ton.
In Japan, yes, it sold something over 400,000 units in spite of the fact that it was released close to the PS2 launch. But in North America, the N64 market was deader than dead by the time the game hit the scene, and N64 shelfspace was so meager in most places that some stores wouldn't even carry it.
My point is thus: if Nintendo want people to take Kirby seriously as a top-tier franchise, releasing games at the end of a life-cycle is not the way to do it. Especially after the horrible experience some of us had with Kirby Air Ride.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Terrell said:
In Japan, yes, it sold something over 400,000 units in spite of the fact that it was released close to the PS2 launch. But in North America, the N64 market was deader than dead by the time the game hit the scene, and N64 shelfspace was so meager in most places that some stores wouldn't even carry it.
My point is thus: if Nintendo want people to take Kirby seriously as a top-tier franchise, releasing games at the end of a life-cycle is not the way to do it. Especially after the horrible experience some of us had with Kirby Air Ride.

I wonder if canvas curse affected whether this game would be even made. Canvas curse had decent success because it was one of the first really good games for the DS. And I thought the Wii would get the kirby game rather than gamecube.

jarrod

Banned
PC Gaijin said:
Can't believe Nintendo is releasing those bit Generations games separately. Wait, what am I saying, it's Nintendo. They'll probably sell millions of the things. Still would like to know how much they're going to charge for them.
Suppossedly 1900 yean each.

ethelred

Terrell said:
EDIT: Wasn't it confirmed that the Tingle RPG was scrapped and its assets used to make Phantom Hourglass?

FFS. No.

Legend of Zelda DS was announced half a year before Tingle RPG was even mentioned. Aside from that, look at the screens for Tingle RPG. Now look at Phantom Hourglass. In what universe could the Tingle RPG assets be converted to PH?

ziran

Beezy said:
Whoa whoa whoa! Fire Emblem comes out this year?!
yeah, great news, but these are releases by march 07 for japan, so i'd guess localisation by the second half of 07. hopefully summer (but it might be october/nov).

i loved path of radiance, can't wait for the wii verison :)

There's really a point in the Kirby being underused by Nintendo. Nintendo seems to not realize that Kirby is one of their biggest franchise (or was, before they started using him less and less).

Beezy

ziran said:
yeah, great news, but these are releases by march 07 for japan, so i'd guess localisation by the second half of 07. hopefully summer (but it might be october/nov).

i loved path of radiance, can't wait for the wii verison :)

Yeah, but I didn't think that we would actually get another console FE game so soon. :D

jesusraz

ziran said:
Gameboy Advance
bit Generations dotstream - July 13th 2006
bit Generations BOUNDISH - July 13th 2006
bit Generations DIALHEX - July 13th 2006
bit Generations COLORIS - July 27th 2006
bit Generations DIGIDRIVE - July 27th 2006
bit Generations ORBITAL - July 27th 2006
bit Generations Soundvoyager - July 27th 2006

Damn, after watching that video clip of the Digitylish games (renamed as Digilux now, right?) they look far too basic to be separate games. But hey, suppose we'll see when Famitsu gets round to reviewing them.

And Rhythm Kingdom's meant to be a bit like the WarioWare series, if my memory serves me right. If Nintendo markets it like that, then it could definitely be a surprise hit!

Shiggy

jesusraz said:
Damn, after watching that video clip of the Digitylish games (renamed as Digilux now, right?) they look far too basic to be separate games. But hey, suppose we'll see when Famitsu gets round to reviewing them.

The Digiluxe Series is kind of a sucessor of the NES Classics ;)

ziran

Beezy said:
Yeah, but I didn't think that we would actually get another console FE game so soon. :D
yeah, it's surprising for a franchise nintendo has ignored to localise for so long.

i think the game has sold well, beyond their expectations, so we're going to be seeing more fire emblems on the way.

the first gba english release sold over 800k (japan ~380k, na ~410k) and sacred stones has sold over 600k (japan ~270, na ~310).

path of radiance is ~350k (japan ~160, na ~170), which is still very impressive for a srpg on a userbase the size of gc.

Top Bottom