• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saturday May 2nd is Free Comic Book Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Here is the FCBD Website With All the Info!

116109_706164_25.jpg

PSA: The Website has a comic book store locator. Most all shops in the US participate. If there is something you REALLLLLY want I'd suggest getting their EARLY!

Free Comics List!

PS: Try and support your local shops by also buying something even if small along with snagging your freebies!

Sad I work Saturday, I want to pick up Divergence and All-New All-Different Avengers. Gonna have to wait for them to pop up on Comixology.

Machine

PS: Try and support your local shops by also buying something even if small along with snagging your freebies!

This can't be emphasized enough. Most shops have a pretty thin profit margin and they have to buy the books they give out for free comic book day. If you go in to snag the freebies, the least you can do is spend a little while you're there.

Mitch

Banned
Will be hitting up 8th Dimension Comics & Games here in Houston. It'll be pretty busy, so I'll get there 30 minutes or so before they open. May pick up a Funko figure or TP as well as some free comics.

thebeeks

Banned
Going to Boomerang Comics in Lewisville and Madness Comics & Games in Plano. They're both having great sales and fun little activities tomorrow, and I couldn't choose between one or the other, so I figured I'd go support both.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Do the shops get all the comics on the list or only what they order / it's random?

An Avatar comic featuring a Plants vs Zombies short story is probably everything my gf could ever want in a comic so if it's guaranteed it would be a great reason to go.

This can't be emphasized enough. Most shops have a pretty thin profit margin and they have to buy the books they give out for free comic book day. If you go in to snag the freebies, the least you can do is spend a little while you're there.

THIS, PLEASE.

Be on the lookout for sales. My local shop runs a half-off sale on TPBs and Hardcovers on comic book day, it's awesome.

Afrodium

Banned
THIS, PLEASE.

Be on the lookout for sales. My local shop runs a half-off sale on TPBs and Hardcovers on comic book day, it's awesome.

I hope my shop does something like this. I always want to support them but it's just so hard to spend $20 on a book I'll read in an hour when I can get it for half as much on IST.

NIGHT-

Haven't bought a comic in years, but a local shop is giving away free comics and doing promotions, I'll give it a look!

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I didn't pick up Wednesday's books so I can snag them tomorrow morning With the free stuff. Looking for Fight Club, Secret Wars, and Captain Canuck.

Going to see Age of Ultron afterwards. What a great day to love comics.

Chucker

I'm hitting Third Eye Comics in Annapolis. These guys are awesome, been with them for the last 7.
Highly recommended if you're in MD.
People are already camped out though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom